Hooloovoo Full Tilt Steps Challenge - ended

Hooloovoo

I always liked the steps/ladder variant of sit'n'gos, so i certainly didn't mind when Full Tilt introduced these. Full description here: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/steps-tournaments Anyways, thought i would try them out. Going to start with 10 x $3.30, i.e. Step 1. Format will be 1-table (9-handed) sng turbo. Structure is as follows: Step 1 ($3.30): 1st & 2nd gets entry to Step 2. 3rd - 5th gets a new try at Step 1. Step 2 ($8.70): 1st & 2nd gets entry to Step 3. 3rd - 4th gets a new try at Step 2. 5th gets entry to Step 1. Step 3 ($26): 1st & 2nd gets entry to Step 4. 3rd - 4th gets a new try at Step 3. 5th gets entry to Step 2. Step 4 ($69): 1st & 2nd gets entry to Step 5. 3rd - 4th gets a new try at Step 4. 5th - 6th gets entry to Step 3. Step 5 ticket is worth $216, and the goal of the challenge is to win at least one of those. I will number the trials 1-10 and keep track of the ups & downs of each trial. Step 3 tickets and above can be used to buy into any tourney of that buy-in, so i consider any Step 5 ticket as "cash won". If i manage to win 1 or more Step 5 ticket i will decide what to do with them then. Trials ---------- 1) step 1 --> step 2 --> step 2 --> out 2) step 1 --> step 1 --> step 1 --> 9th 3) step 1 --> out 4) step 1 --> out 5) step 1 --> step 2 --> out 6) step 1 --> out 7) step 1 --> step 1 --> out 8) step 1 --> step 2 --> step 3 --> step 1 9) step 1 --> out 10) step 1 --> step 2 --> step 1 --> out

Re: Hooloovoo Full Tilt Steps Challenge It started as a crazy shove-fest and in 10 minutes 4 players was eliminated, which meant i was guaranteed a Step 1 ticket. Then it cooled down a bit, then more aggressive again (as expected). Anyways, finished top 2 for a Step 2 ticket :ok (Tournament ended when only 2 players left, which is good since both won top prize, otherwise it would have been a couple of minutes of meaningless shoving atc)

Re: Hooloovoo Full Tilt Steps Challenge Good luck! I started at Step 3, and have been playing turbos, but whenever I dropped down to Step 1 I tried the super-turbos (start with 10 big blinds). Sounds as though it should be a crapshoot, but I seem to have done fairly well in those (played 8, got 3 Step 2 tickets, 4 Step 1 replays and one $0.60 consolation prize). Maybe I was just lucky, but there does seem to be some really awful play.

Re: Hooloovoo Full Tilt Steps Challenge I played a couple of Step 1 18 player games with normal blind levels. Top 4 get Step 2, and next six get replays (I think:unsure). On both occasions I got a Step 2 ticket (1-5 Step 3, 6 Step 2, 7-8 Step 1) Once I got to Step 3, the other time i got a replay and then lost out with a horrible suckout. The standard is awful. At Step 2 with 6 left, and two players with 2BB left a guy (sitting 3rd safely) called an all in from the big stack with AK, lost and the two mini stacks crept through to Step 3.:\ The 18 man games are really worth a try:ok

Re: Hooloovoo Full Tilt Steps Challenge Btw, i am back from a great weekend in sunny Prague. The girls are ugly but the beer is cheap :cheers Thanks for the good luck wishes guys. I aim to get through the ten step 1 trials in the next couple of days :ok

Re: Hooloovoo Full Tilt Steps Challenge Ok quick summary so far. 4 step 2 tickets 2 step 1 tickets out in 4 My "guesstimate" would have been 3 step 2, 5 step 1 and out in 2. But the sample is really small of course. I will now use continue with the step 1 tickets until i'm out or gets step 2 tickets