Lay Of The Day Selections ~ April 18th

210 Wincanton: Rebel Du Maquis I have this race very close between the top three and would rather be on Persian Run to reverse the form with Rebel Du Maquis on this ground, Bangkok Pete isnt out of it either so at the prices 13/8 looks skinny for the Nicholls horse.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ April 18th 3.35 Leopardstown Famous Name ought to piss this I feel he is well ahead of the assessor and probaby should be rated into the 120's which in my opinion has all the others finding weight, anyhow his price reflects such an opinion and too short to get involved in. Broad Meaning is clearly Weld's second string and concerns over why he has been off the track for over 600 days is a major issue and the maiden he won was ok but nothing special and probably not quite upto this grade so probably best left alone until we see what he is capable of. Cant touch Gan Amhras although probably has some of the strongest form in the book 3rd behind sea the stars in 2000 guineas but has gone seriously wayward since and shaped no better last time out although perhap ground is in his favour today but again would want to see more sign of life before getting involved. Recharge is a group class horse but been off the track a little while and again isnt a price to play with in a 6 runner field, therefore I feel the value lies within Jumbajukiba Aquitted himself well in group 3 and listed level last year over varying trips and ground conditions and is a credit to connections and interestingly has always taken 1 run to then run a solid race after a break and he had that run last week at the Curragh and was far from disgraced and I see no reason for him to not be involved at the business end. So for the lay it has to be Gan Amhras for the place with only 2 places available I can see Recharge or Jumbijukiba filling that spot without too much trouble. 1pt place Gan Amhras

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.