Joker Poker from Bwin - whatever next?

Chapman

I Know how GaF like's working out new formats, good luck with this one! :lol

We hope that you have a few tricks up your sleeve, because skill alone won’t help you beat our brand-new Sit & Go format Joker! It doesn’t get any crazier than this. An unusual prize structure: 50% for 1st, 30% for 5th and 20% for 9th place will guarantee you an innovative and exciting poker experience. The Joker has a mad passion for losers Even if you don’t make it in the money, you can get your hands on some cash. Losers receive a “I lost the Joker” Freeroll ticket and get the chance to play a weekly $500 Freeroll. The tournament takes place every Saturday at 18:00 (CET), 05.04. to 07.05.2010. Will you go berserk and bust out early? Play like a maniac and drop out in the middle? Or will you outplay the Joker and scoop the first prize money? Get loco and find out now!
Game: No Limit Texas Hold’em
PNC_spade-icon.jpgType: Sit & Go
PNC_spade-icon.jpgSeats: 10
PNC_spade-icon.jpgStarting chips: 1,500
PNC_spade-icon.jpgBlind level: Regular (10 min) and Turbo (6 min)
PNC_spade-icon.jpgBuy-in: $1+0.10, $5+0.50, $10+1, $20+2
PNC_spade-icon.jpgPrize structure: 1st 50%, 5th 30%, 9th 20%
PNC_spade-icon.jpgConsolation prize: “I lost the Joker” Freeroll ticket
Not sure what forum this belongs in, seems a bit crazy - how long before nobody is playing a standard game of poker? :tongue2 https://poker.bwin.com/public.aspx?aid=35042

Re: Joker Poker from Bwin - whatever next? Bwin's rules about finishing positions when several players are eliminated on the same hand (which are obviously very important for the first hand in this) seem to be:

Should two or more players be eliminated in the same hand, the player with more chips at the beginning of the hand will be placed higher. During hand by hand play at the same table, positions will be determined by the chip stack prior to the hand. If these are equal, the best hand will be used to decide. If this is also tied, the player's position will be selected randomly.
Though I'm a bit puzzled by the reference to "hand by hand play". Why is that relevant?

Re: Joker Poker from Bwin - whatever next? Sorry, going way off topic now, but reading Bwin's tournament rules, I also noticed:

Balancing of the tables is performed according to an algorithm designed to ensure that only certain players are moved in the interests of fairness. It is taken into account that the player’s position is in accordance with the blind.
Can anybody translate? :lol

Re: Joker Poker from Bwin - whatever next?

the guy in 9th place actually played 2 thirds of his stack 1st hand and lost so he was down to 500 3 hands later and went out that way. i was hoping this was network wide,but eurosportbet doesnt seem to have any sng`s :(
in saying that,i can get the omaha and stud games but not the holdem

Re: Joker Poker from Bwin - whatever next?

Sorry, going way off topic now, but reading Bwin's tournament rules, I also noticed: Can anybody translate? :lol
At a pure guess, I think its trying to say you shouldn't get moved into the big blind 12 times in a row as can happen on other sites and that when moved, it will be to a similar position relevant to the blinds on your previous table. :unsure I might try one or two of these at some stage for funzies but that will probably be all. :ok