Lingfield 10th April (AW)

2.10 Lingfield Ocean Legend just keeps taking steps forward to the top level of handicaps and is sure to give a full account under Detori having beaten the useful yard stick Dinner Date by well over a length and up just 5lb for that and can certainly expect more. Few others that I back regulaurly and should have a shout is Pegasus Again, i have noted before all his wins have come on the back of decent 25+ day breaks perhaps not at best over 7f but has won and solid form over 7f to suggest he can win again and it is interesting that they are using a 7lb claimer. Luckyredback perhaps didnt shape as the winner last time out but he shaped better than 4th when being squeezed up in final furlong and runs without the blinkers and same mark today and Moore should give him a solid ride, he is clearly not an easy ride. 1pt win ocean legend 9/2 bet365 0.25pt win lucky redback 7/1 bet365 0.25pt win pegasus again 7/1 bet365 2.45 Lingfield Not a race wanna play to hard simply lot of useful horses who could have a shout on a going day this early on in the season but Baylini is most effective around lingfields swooping home bend and although this trip could stretch her she now drops 1lb below last winning mark when beating Suits Me and the booking of Hayley Turner is a massive positive she gets on well with the horse 0.25pt e/w baylini 14/1 bet365 3.50 Lingfield Was given a good word for Aetos last time out from a trusted source and although he didnt win I was told to look out for him next time havnt been given the nod yet but if I hear anything again will let you know. 5.10 Lingfield Copperwood might be worth chancing again after finally sorting himself out recently completing a hatrick with 2 wins over CD only 3lb higher than last win and was given too much todo last time out and may still be capable of more having been rated much higher in the past. 0.5pt e/w copperwood

Re: Lingfield 10th April (AW) Am aware I have hardly posted on here recently, been busy but also been on an horrendous losing run. Hope that will end soon so will look through a race or two (perhaps) in more detail. Hope it may help someone... :ok 18:15; For me, the top two in the weights, Lytham and Blue Tango both look pretty short at the forecasted prices. Blue Tango has had a spell hurdling, showing only a small amount of ability which perhaps prompted a return to the level. It's last run, a third over 2f further hardly excites me, especially as now it is high in the weights already, and a drop in trip will not suit. Lytham completed a three-timer in February, all at Kempton. Often saves his best for there. Possible winner if can recreate that form but not so sure. Pab Special is an interesting one, shaping as an extra 2f here would suit after running second off 3lbs higher a year ago. Has performed poorly since that run with it's next 3 runs on turf, and the revert back to all-weather will be appreciated, especially as 11/19 of it's wins or places have come on the all-weather. Brian Johnson can get one fit after an absence, and although it's not performed well fresh in the past, I may get involved if it's a nice price. Rail draw too and in-form Jockey. Pedasus ran well on it's only start as a juvenile here, running only a length behind Goldolphins Musleh, now rated 91 and only finished 3l behind Lincoln winner Pentient on it's last start. I think that run flattered him however, and an initial mark of 68 was based on that run. Has struggled to beat one home since then, and cannot be selected with any confidence. May get it's head in front at some point, but will need 5-10lbs off. Poor draw to contend with. Rehabilitation has had a bit of a break after poor performances on the turf. Won on it's first start at Wolverhampton but the upping in trip seems to have not had the intended effect and it seems a little one paced. Break may have had a positive effect but this isn't guaranteed and although a positive jockey booking in Ted Durcan, I'd discount this one for now. Polish Power has dropped like a stone in the ratings, being rated 93 on the turf only in 2008. Won twice here in 2009, although only just and they were in claiming and selling company. Huge chance if reclaiming anywhere near to his best but very unlikely at this age. Enlist started in maiden hurdles but had a go in flat maidens at around this trip, finishing third in one that looked very thin in quality. Mark of 68 was harsh and although did "OK" in it's first foray into handicaps, a staying on 6th, three lengths behind. Hasn't shown anything like that form since and beaten 58l at Folkestone on Monday. Will not have liked the ground that day but can't see him turning his fortunes round today. Shame the Devil was beaten 4l behind a capable Mark Johnston horse over CD in February and that was his best performance by far. Started like Enlist in maiden hurdles before switching to the level. Since has raced twice on the Southwell sand and hasn't really been at home there. Has a wide-ish draw to contend with but at the forecasted price of 50/1, I think this may be worth a little investment. It's only run on a true all-weather surface was it's best and it could improve bundles. Gheed is a Goldolphin cast-off that got it's nut in front in January at Kempton, a maiden that has turned out to be very poor form wise. Seemed very slow that day anyway, was heavily backed in the morning of it's next run but the punters desrted her before the off. Finished last and was said to be "in-season". Showed a little bit more promise LTO and Ryan Clark back on board (who rode her when she won) takes 7lbs off. Possible value if a double-figure price. Laconios hasn't run on the level since 2005 and although was once rated 72 on the turf, never won. Has been running with credit over hurdles and would be foolish to discount that form, however, 10f seems on the very sharp side and doesn't seem to be the best traveller. King's Topic went back into handicap company last month, finishing third over a length behind. This is a better race than that, and will need to improve. Before then, had hardly set the world alight with it's runs in selling company. A bit like Polish Power in that it's best would win this race comfortably, but it seems like it's behind him. Forecasted price of 11/2 is a joke in my view. Filun won off 65 over 2f further early last year but then went on a downward spiral, finishing almost dead last in it's last all-weather run (also at Kempton off 58). Then went hurdling and has been comprehensively beaten in all it's starts. Too one-paced for this distance I feel and probably needs 1m6f on the flat to get close to winning a race, although the low mark is dangerous and may be one for someone like Ted to get involved with ;) Lady Lam was a beaten favourite two days ago, and although champion jockey steps up, seems a tall order to turn that form around. Probably still feeling the effects and will be slightly surprised if she turns up. 10f seems a little too far and although she may be very well-treated, cannot be a pick after her last run. Wetherby Place is doubtful. Selections 45 minutes later and this race is still a bit of a puzzle. I'm tempted with a small bet on Shame The Devil, as I feel that it's run here in a maiden shows that this will be it's preferred surface, not Southwell. Trip will probably suit and although there is a lot of questions to be answered, will be worth the risk with the price (I hope). small yard has had a couple of winners recently too. I won't back anything for definite until morning, will post up the prices etc when I get them. No doubt this will have been for nothing when Blue Tango or King's Topic plot up but we will see!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.