Kempton Tues 23rd March (jumps card)

Re: Kempton Tues 23rd March (jumps card) Kempton 3.40 Captain Americo returns to Kempton where it recorded its last victory at the end of Feb last year over 3m. That day the horse carried 11st 12lb to victory and ran away with the race 6L clear of the 2nd with the rest beaten a further 18L and 4th 27L. Kempton is a leaders track and you can get away from the field if ridden well. Hold up horses struggle here and this is why i am keen on this horses chances tomorrow at a big price. That victory was off 123 (2lb lower than current mark) and after that ran in the Aintree Hcap hurdle (listed) won by Time for Rupert. It was well beaten that day and was never going. Started this season in novice chases, and ran 3rd of 3 in a race won by a decent novice Pride of Dulcote from Nicholls stable. Then came 2nd to Take the breeze at exeter where it was never going to win but finished ahead of Copper Bleu who won the Jewson last week, Award winner (won twice recently was back in 6th). That form is excellent and perhaps has gone un-noticed. Next race, another classy novice chase won by Riverside theatre who ran in the Arkle last week, Captain Americo fell when in 3rd place in that race. Next time it was 6th of 8 behind Doctor Pat & Rivaliste in another hot novice chase at Sandown. Again finished in front of Award winner. Forget the run in Jan when pulled up on soft ground here at Kempton as they decided to hold the horse up and it was never going. Since then it has run a good 3rd at Wetherby over 3m 1f behind Dancing Dik (btn 4.75L). its last race, it was well beaten in a Pertemps Hurdle qualifier, i think a better placing and we would have seen it in the pertemps last week at Cheltenham. Another fact i like is that they have now stuck blinkers on for the first time which i hope will focus the horse more and if able to lead, i can see this one staying out in front a long time. Trainer Andy Turnell always has winners here as well. The horse is very lightly raced with only 14 runs in 3 years and jockey Grant has won on the horse twice and been placed 3 times. 5pts win @ 18.0 Betfair

Re: Kempton Tues 23rd March (jumps card) 3.40: Magical Legend 0.5pts e/w @ 50/1 Stan James BOG Think this one has a live chance in this despite being off the track for quite a while. Has gone well fresh in the past and is handicapped only 2lbs higher than highest winning mark from this time last year. Ground and trip no problem and if straight from a break could go close at decent odds.

Re: Kempton Tues 23rd March (jumps card)

Kempton 3.40 Captain Americo returns to Kempton where it recorded its last victory at the end of Feb last year over 3m. That day the horse carried 11st 12lb to victory and ran away with the race 6L clear of the 2nd with the rest beaten a further 18L and 4th 27L. Kempton is a leaders track and you can get away from the field if ridden well. Hold up horses struggle here and this is why i am keen on this horses chances tomorrow at a big price. That victory was off 123 (2lb lower than current mark) and after that ran in the Aintree Hcap hurdle (listed) won by Time for Rupert. It was well beaten that day and was never going. Started this season in novice chases, and ran 3rd of 3 in a race won by a decent novice Pride of Dulcote from Nicholls stable. Then came 2nd to Take the breeze at exeter where it was never going to win but finished ahead of Copper Bleu who won the Jewson last week, Award winner (won twice recently was back in 6th). That form is excellent and perhaps has gone un-noticed. Next race, another classy novice chase won by Riverside theatre who ran in the Arkle last week, Captain Americo fell when in 3rd place in that race. Next time it was 6th of 8 behind Doctor Pat & Rivaliste in another hot novice chase at Sandown. Again finished in front of Award winner. Forget the run in Jan when pulled up on soft ground here at Kempton as they decided to hold the horse up and it was never going. Since then it has run a good 3rd at Wetherby over 3m 1f behind Dancing Dik (btn 4.75L). its last race, it was well beaten in a Pertemps Hurdle qualifier, i think a better placing and we would have seen it in the pertemps last week at Cheltenham. Another fact i like is that they have now stuck blinkers on for the first time which i hope will focus the horse more and if able to lead, i can see this one staying out in front a long time. Trainer Andy Turnell always has winners here as well. The horse is very lightly raced with only 14 runs in 3 years and jockey Grant has won on the horse twice and been placed 3 times. 5pts win @ 18.0 Betfair
how frustrating for a front runner, explanations? This is where the stewards need to act IMO
11 16Captain Americo (IRE) 11-7 b1 M D Grant Andrew Turnell 812/1
held up in rear, under pressure 5th, soon beaten opened 14/1