AFL Round 1 (March 25-28)

Re: AFL Round 1 (March 25-28) Crows @ Freo under 185.5 Crows are lacking a lot of firepower this week. Burton, Porplyzia, Knights all goal kickers, and it's been shown over the pre-season that they will be concentrating on limitting their opp. Freo will be hoping Pavlich can kick a bag, but Crows have plenty of options to shut him down inside the 50. I suspect 180 is a stretch here.

Re: AFL Round 1 (March 25-28)

North Melbourne +16.5 @ 1.91 Port probably deserve favouritism but not by nearly 3 goals. They lose Gray from their line up as well. Nth need to play w/o Petrie but depend on their smalls and mids for goals anyway.
Never in doubt, mate! ;) I was switching between the two game and thought there must have been a goal as some classy commercial was on, so despite recalling channel seven have the extra long add break this time slot I decided to sit it out then realized I'd just been watching the afternoon movie on channel nine for eight minutes :eyes. God I hate round-1 :$ :sad!! I wouldn't worry about that one Taza. Collingwood had the motivating factors IMO and jumped them as the hunter. I'd still rate WBD the better team. Mind you, you probably don't know the result yet. I'd imagine it won't be on till about 11:30pm wherever you are. Ox is now my mate, so no bads from me his way this year. We're now the only two who know he's really the AA back pocket ... well Mcavaney also ;).

Never in doubt' date=' mate! ;)[/quote'] 64-42 in50's and 31-22 scoring shots both to Port. You know, I'll just take the win. It's moments like these I wish I went with all my original thoughts. :spank Never mind. Here's hoping Harvey doesn't get any silly ideas by sending McPHARLIN up forward :hope

Re: AFL Round 1 (March 25-28) Yeah, Morris a late out was always going to hurt. (And my DT too, given Hargrave had to actually play as a defender for once...not that he did it very well! :wall ) Good calls on the Kangas h'cap and Collingwood boys. :ok Just going thru some stats now (waiting for this bloody Freo game to start! :@ )... ...Essendon had as many I50's as Geelong, and more contested ball...could be one to watch next week (although I know Geelong were underdone)...esp. with McVeigh getting 43 touches in the 2s apparently.

...Essendon had as many I50's as Geelong' date=' and more contested ball...could be one to watch next week (although I know Geelong were underdone)...esp. with McVeigh getting 43 touches in the 2s apparently.[/quote'] I hope to be on them in some way vs Freo. 2 extra days rest should have them fully recovered. And good news on McVeigh as he's in my DT :) Your a funny guy Ash :ok Gr8 for everyone to finish on a good note :clap

Would have liked to see Freo go on with it instead of running the clock late. Perhaps throw McPharlin forward and what about the punters out there sweating on overs.
Funny thing was that I found a live stream of the Fox coverage on the net... ...and then got too scared with 12 minutes to go and turned it off! :lol I see Tippett missed another 1 or 2 late...I figured Freo were winding down the clock but it worried me seeing the DT points ticking over for the Crows just as much! I guess I got a bit lucky... ...having said that, a) There were just 44-43 I50's (which surprises me a lot! It sure looked like a much more open game than that :\ ), and for every Tippett miss, there will always be a Fev soccer from the boundary. :eyes Was with you on the Bombers this week oz, but a bit surprised they are such big favs tbh... :unsure

Re: AFL Round 1 (March 25-28) No way was it staying under and I can't remember a score in the last 4mins and I'm pretty sure only about 11pts was required with over 7mins left. Freo wound it down for about 2:30. If you're anything like me though you'll take it all. :ok Freo's D was excellent I thought and Adelaide's wasn't noticed. Freo seemed committed not to simply pump it in so obviously surrendered a few insides being cautious of allowing Rutten & Co to do their usual thing.

Freo's D was excellent I thought and Adelaide's wasn't noticed. Freo seemed committed not to simply pump it in so obviously surrendered a few insides being cautious of allowing Rutten & Co to do their usual thing.
:ok The other thing about their game was the pressure inside forward 50. At HT I think they had scored something like 7 goals from turnovers up forward!! You don't need many I50's when you're scoring goals from points... :unsure ...which actually has me thinking about them this week too. Not sure the Bombers have the leg speed in the backline so could well have the same problem. :\