Wolverhampton 13th March (AW)

2.15 Wolverhampton Decent enough listed event and although several of these a running off marks in 100+ but most of them not really running to their mark at the moment where as completely different can be said about the inform Mahadee for the in form Brittian yard. He won a handicap in good style on penultimate start and was seen last time out finishing all to late to force a dead heat and showed that he can handle a sharper 7f, Callan takes the ride again and should be well up for this on the back of these latest efforts. Mias boy could pose the biggest threat barely ever running a bad race, effective on the aw and goes well fresh. 1pt win mahadee 11/4 sj 3.25 Wolverhampton 2 weeks until the start of the flat season and this warm up trial to the curtain raiser for the season. Flipando bounced right back to his best last time out when easy winner over an unusual 6f for him, be interesting to see how he goes back over this trip again today off a 10lb higher mark, but did win this race last year off a 4lb lower mark. Collateral Damage was in fine form last year up another 4lb and un proven on the aw surface, but has gone reasonably well when fresh. Autumn Blades has been in cracking form this winter and always appears to give his running at the moment and his last run can be forgiven pushed so wide around the bend and he is better than that right now only concern is this marked step up in trip. Another useful sorts to come out of the wood work this winter is Black Dahlia she has run 2 solid races in listed company but a big concern has to be she is now 19lb higher than last win in handicap because of those 2 runs and surely they arent gonna want a penalty on top of that for the Lincoln. 0.5pt e/w Autumn Blades 12/1 sj 0.25pt e/w Collateral Damage 10/1 sj 4.35 Wolverhampton Useful class 2 handicap, with 3 good inform sprinters lining up that interest me the most. Tiddliwinks was progressing very nicely over the winter up a total of 21lb since first handicap win, and last win came off a 8lb lower mark and probably best forgetting his last run she might prove better over 6f than 7f and has a smart turn of foot. Thebes is a useful performer but does tend to be a bit hit and miss but did get back to winning ways last time out up just 2lb for that effort and 2nd has gone on to win since and would suggest the form could be quite useful but perhaps worth taking on consistency stakes. Bajan Tryst has been in good form recently but was well held by Flipando last time out off new mark and unlikely to get own way upfront. 1pt win Tiddliwinks

Re: Wolverhampton 13th March (AW) 15:25 Wolverhampton Quote:

27 March 2010 - 15:30 Doncaster - Lincoln Hanidcap 1pt E/W Flipando @ 40/1 (Bet365) This horse doesn't meet many trends but should meet a couple of them. The horse is entered in the Lincoln Trial at Wolverhampton on Saturday and I feel he has a great chance of winning. Flipando has 9 career wins to date, 4 have come over a mile, 2 over further and 3 over 6 furlongs. He won very confortably at Wolverhampton over 6 furlongs LTO off a mark of 87 and has been hit with a 10lb rise due to that. He has also won over 9 furlongs at the track. He is now rated 97, 1lb higher than his best win but also 1lb lower than his place in last years Lincoln. He did win last years trial off a mark of 93, so depending on how he fares on Saturday, he may run off a penalty in the contest on March 27th. What I find interesting is last year was the only time the horse had run in March and he notched up form of 213 (the 1 and 3 was the Lincoln trial and the Lincoln). Jamie Spencer is on board on Saturday and the horse does like to be produced late so he could be the man for the job, he also won on him in this race last year. Obviously the jockey for the Lincoln is an unknown just now.
Since I did bet on this instead of tomorrow's race its obvious who I will be backing tomorrow. I am backing against a good Johnston horse which is very unlike me and I will be a bit sick if I miss the horse winning but thats a chance I have to take. I guess if Flipando doesn't win this then it will probably benefit my bet in the Lincoln as he won't have a penalty to run off of but hopefully he won't be hit too heavy if he does win this. He won the race last year off a 4lb lower mark but the way he won so easily LTO makes me believe that he can easily overcome the rise in the weights. Has won off a mark 1lb lower and placed off a mark 1lb higher. 1pt win Flipando @ 11/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.