Betfair Data 2008 to present

High all i know its a strange thing to do but i spent hundreds of hours downloading all the Betfair Horse racing results (uk & Irish - place and winner + going + course + lowest in play prices etc ) from March 2008 to feb 2010 during a recent illness. i have compiled the data into a few massive excel spreadsheets and using macros/filters etc i can now test if most systems would have worked at any point over the last 2 years. it is amazing how many systems work most of the time (eg about 20 months and fail for only about 4 months) so overall very little overall profit made(or lost). i have found many types of races with for eg 8-15 runners or less than 8 runners, or backing or laying all horses above or below certain odds in some types of races consistently return good profit on paper. i have never gambled (i am a computer engineer) and i will at some time post a couple of ideas of mine that seem to work (not my most profitable ones of course). if anyone wants me to test any any ideas they have i will be glad to either post the results or to email them privately. i would also need to know if the betting stake would be constant or if not, a description of the staking plan to be used. great forum regards rimmet

Re: Betfair Data 2008 to present

(not my most profitable ones of course).
:welcome I'm not sure if you understand the concept of this forum. :spank If you're not prepared to share your "most profitable ones" as you put it, then I don't think anybody will really give a toss. I find it difficult to believe that you've never gambled either. "Oh I've never gambled - I know, I'll pop on the betfair website and download their horseracing data for something to pass the time". Yeah right. :lol And I hope the offer "to be test" isn't simply an excuse for you to cherry pick some other good ideas for yourself. People like you are the reason I remove the rules to my systems from my posts. Yes I am a cynical person, but first posts like yours always set the alarm bells ringing. Feel free to prove me wrong & you'll get an apology.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.