Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals

Not sure I completely see the point of these matches but Pakistan "host" England in a couple of twenty20's on Friday and Saturday. Both are live on Sky.

Fri Feb 19 14:00 GMT | 18:00 local 14:00 GMT 1st T20I - Pakistan v England Dubai International Cricket Stadium 32.png 19 - 27° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat Feb 20 14:00 GMT | 18:00 local 14:00 GMT 2nd T20I - Pakistan v England Dubai International Cricket Stadium 32.png 19 - 27° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals Not got much time so going to be a brief reasoning but im going for England to win 2-0. In my opinion the only big hitters Pakistan have are Umar, Akmal and Shahid and 2 of the 3 arent even playing! I have a feeling Pieterson might just find his form im these 2 games :hope

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals England @11/10 look good to me, Kamran Akmal's been dropped, Afridi banned, two key players for Pak along with Asif, even Gul's radar been a bit off recently, confidence is low after taking a pasting in Australia, England's one day form is picking up, winning the series vs South Africa will help, the bowling looks a bit average, Swann will be a handful, plus think England have got nice options in the middle order with KP, Colly and Morgan. England Win @ 11/10. (bluesq)

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 2pts - G.Swann - Top England Bowler - Willhill - 7/2 The ever reliable Swanny always seems to take wickets in all formats of the game. He is realistically Englands only Spin bowler, so is likely to bowl his full quota of overs. Having just read cricinfo.com i also found the following " With both of these games day-night fixtures the players will at least avoid competing in the desert city at its hottest. Nevertheless we can expect shirt-soaking temperatures and a dry surface unlikely to offer much interest to the fast bowlers." Makes our wicket taking spinner even more attractive! :hope

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 0.5pts - U.Gul - Top Pakistan Batsman - Totesport - 100/1 A speculative punt at best, but if, with a lot of recognised players missing, Pakistan have some sort of collapse its a possible... not a 100/1 shot anyway... perhaps 80/1? He was 3rd topscorer in their last T20 against Australia and hit a 6, clearing the ropes of any aussie bowler ain't bad and shows he can hit a ball!

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals England for me too. 4pts England to win 1st Twenty20 6/5 Totesport I don't particularly rate England as a twenty20 side and it can be seen as a bit daft taking on Pakistan, the world champions in this format but I believe the two sides are taking different approaches to these matches. Pakistan come in here off the back of a woeful tour to Australia which died on it's arse with every falling wicket in Sydney. England have had a decent 6 months or so and come in here on a high. England won the last twenty20 meeting between these two when we walloped Pakistan at The Oval in the world twenty20. Pakistan have some big absentees, some through choice, others through ineligibility. Shahid Afridi is the big miss for the hosts, not only as he's their captain but because he's a key play with both bat and ball in his hand. I expect Kamran Akmal to be a big miss too having been the only one to trouble the scorers in the twenty20 in Australia. Mohammad Asif is a big name casualty but these wickets won't do much for the seamers so it's not as big a loss. I'm a little disappointed England have decided not to fast track Craig Kieswetter into the side. Let's make no mistake about it, he is going to be in the Caribbean for the world twenty20 so give him these two games as a run out. Instead, Denly and Trott will open for England who will be without Anderson who is resting his knee. Sidebottom and Broad will take the new ball. Bresnan could be the key here while Swann will have a big role to play as always. 1-11 England look the better side to me. We have more batting depth and more solid bowling options. Confidence is a big part of this format and that's all England too and until Afridi comes back I can't be taking Pakistan at odds on so it's England for me in this 1st game.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 3 bets for me. England win - As previously mentioned! Pakistan with big players missing and on the back of a demoralising series with Australia. 2 points @ 2.16 Betfair Over 1.5 run outs - Fingers crossed for some calamitous Pakistan running with unfamiliar partnerships, as occurred in the warm up game with Pakistan A. We are by no means safe from dodgy running either. 1 points @ 2.25 Betfair England most sixes- We have some potential big hitters in Colly, Pieterson, Morgan, Prior, Wright. England seem pretty clear in their heads in recent times that we should attack and at least attempt to clear the ropes. Pakistan meanwhile come in to this series short of confidence and possibly more likely to play within themselves. Pakistan are without Afridi and Akmal are potentially short! 4 points @ 2.2 Betfair

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals

2pts - G.Swann - Top England Bowler - Willhill - 7/2 The ever reliable Swanny always seems to take wickets in all formats of the game. He is realistically Englands only Spin bowler, so is likely to bowl his full quota of overs. Having just read cricinfo.com i also found the following " With both of these games day-night fixtures the players will at least avoid competing in the desert city at its hottest. Nevertheless we can expect shirt-soaking temperatures and a dry surface unlikely to offer much interest to the fast bowlers." Makes our wicket taking spinner even more attractive! :hope
This is the first time i bet on this market but only a third of my stake has been settled. Is it because there were 3 bowlers, swann broad and bresnan that all took 2 wickets?

This is the first time i bet on this market but only a third of my stake has been settled. Is it because there were 3 bowlers' date=' swann broad and bresnan that all took 2 wickets?[/quote'] do believe so. Both sides are priced up at 10/11 for tomorrows match, easy to follow England again, the bowlers hit the right length on this pitch.

This is the first time i bet on this market but only a third of my stake has been settled. Is it because there were 3 bowlers' date=' swann broad and bresnan that all took 2 wickets?[/quote'] Exactly right. That damn Bresnan took 2 in his last over to split it the extra way! Shame Swann doesn't win for the better figures of 2/18 !!!

Not got much time so going to be a brief reasoning but im going for England to win 2-0. In my opinion the only big hitters Pakistan have are Umar, Akmal and Shahid and 2 of the 3 arent even playing! I have a feeling Pieterson might just find his form im these 2 games :hope
Followed you on this ani.... so effectively on England at the 7/2 I got for them on the series with totesport.

Sport Cricket
Event 2nd T20: England v Pakistan
Selection Pakistan
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.92 (Back)
Reasoning Pakistan simply a much better side when Afridi is playing. Not just because he is an extremely good player, but other things aswell. They seem to put in a better effort when he is at the head of the team, and let's face it they couldn't be any worse than yesterday. I didn't watch when they were batting, but when bowling there bowling and fielding was effort appaling. Expect them to be trying today, and they are a better T20 side than England, I expect them to tie the series.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 2 for me today. 4pts Pakistan to win 2nd Twenty20 10/11 Blue Square There wasn't a huge amoutn between these two sides in the end yesterday. Pakistan lacked a bit of quality in their top order and were found out with Shoaib Malik's 3 overs going for 28. However one man's returns solves all that. Not only is Shahid Afridi a very dangerous batsman in this form of the game but he's a very canny bowler as well, and just the sort of bowler who should go very well on this wicket. England are likely to stick with the same side but Joe Denly is harshly starting to come under real pressure in this side. As is Jon Trott I guess with Kieswetter and Michael Lumb (who has an IPL contract to further impress) going so well for the Lions. Kieswetter would come in for Prior so Trott could drop down to the middle order so Denly really needs a score. When England were 18/3 yesterday Pakistan had a real chance but they had to find 4 overs from someone which they won't have to do today. There's no relief after the powerplay with Afridi and Ajmal coming on and England could struggle in those middle overs. Pakistan aren't the world champs for nothing and I think they'll bounce back with a win today. 1pt ew S.Afridi Top Pakistan Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) This price is massive. Shahid Afridi batted at 3 in both the world twenty20 semi final and final and he made half centuries in both matches. He's batted number 4 in the 3 twenty20 internationals he's played since then but if Khalid Latif is batting above Umar Akmal like he did yesterday then Shahid Afridi should do too. Either way, Afridi's likely to be batting in the top 4 today and anyone in this format who is in the top 4 can't possibly be 10/1. Contrast it to Coral's odds on England's batting and our top 5 are all priced below 6/1. 33 would've top scored for Pakistan yesterday and that's well within Afridi's range. The Pakistani skipper has a point to prove after his biting antics in Australia and I expect us to see a show from him and that this price, well it deserves to be caned and is as good an ew bet as you may ever find.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 4 points - Pakistan top batsman - Any other batsman @ 4.56 Betfair Basically anyone apart from Nazir, Farhat, Malik, Akmal and Latif. * Afridi returns and hopefully at the expense of one of the top five :hope thus enhancing the odds further *Pakistan are liable to a big collapse therfore some of the lusty lower order could get a go *Razzaq, Alam, Ahmed, Arafat and Gul all have potential and Razzaq in particular has been in great form

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 8 points England Over 2.5 6's in they;re innings @ 1.9 bet365 We have the likes of Pieterson, Coliingwood, Morgan, Wright etc who can all hit 6s. 3 6s in 120 balls isnt a lot to ask for. Im also on England to win as i had them to win the series :hope

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 1 point - Denly top run scorer @ 6.2 betfair Just have a good feeling about Denly opening up the innings and knocking the doubters. With Kieswetter being called up to the ODI squad for Bangladesh, it could be now or never for Denly and I hope it is now!

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals 2 points - England total runs 150+ @ 2.42 Betfair Both teams had pretty terrible starts yesterday and yet 130 was achieved. England batted very sensibly yesterday due to the low total set for them, with Afridi returning we can't plod along and settle for a 140 score as he could take the game away from us in a short sace of time. We have good hitters and players in form. The pitch did look slowish yesterday but I'm going to take that on today as exciting England look to set a good total.

8 points England Over 2.5 6's in they;re innings @ 1.9 bet365 We have the likes of Pieterson, Coliingwood, Morgan, Wright etc who can all hit 6s. 3 6s in 120 balls isnt a lot to ask for. Im also on England to win as i had them to win the series :hope
Missed this before the off but nice profit ani! I'd've had a wedge if I had've been earlier! Think it was 5 or 6 in the end, very comfortable. Great shout :clap

2 points - England total runs 150+ @ 2.42 Betfair Both teams had pretty terrible starts yesterday and yet 130 was achieved. England batted very sensibly yesterday due to the low total set for them, with Afridi returning we can't plod along and settle for a 140 score as he could take the game away from us in a short sace of time. We have good hitters and players in form. The pitch did look slowish yesterday but I'm going to take that on today as exciting England look to set a good total.
:puke !! Looked good for a long time then thrown away at the end. Really feel for you mate. Looks like me and Ani are only ones hoping it's enough for the win!!

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals Close but ultimately no cigar! Trott batted as if it was a test match! I reckon this one could go very close! It will be important for Shahzad to bowl well with no anderson or sidebottom! :hope it's enough for us to win - That 6's bet was a great bet - I too missed that!

Missed this before the off but nice profit ani! I'd've had a wedge if I had've been earlier! Think it was 5 or 6 in the end' date=' very comfortable. Great shout :clap[/quote'] Cheers mate, KP looks like hes hit a bit of form Lets hope England can win :ok

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs England in UAE - 2x Twenty20 Internationals Managed to pick both matches right but no joy with Afridi even though the match was set up for him perfectly. Made a 6.44pt profit for the 2 days though which is some joy among a rotten betting weekend for me.