Lay of the Day 9th February

15.55 Fairyhouse Kempes - 1pt Win Lay Im not having a great month laying this month, but last month was triggered by a lay of Kempes and hopefully the same horse can kick start my campaign this month. This on paper looks a two horse race, famous last words, Nicanor is one of the few horses that has beaten a fully fit Denman, and since returning from a three year absence has done ok. He has had four chase starts and although yet to win, came very close last time out here at Fairyhouse, just pipped by An Cathaoir Mor. I personally remember that race far too well as my hard earned was on An cathaoir Mor and i was sweating!! Kempes i feel has one major flaw today, and its the same reason that i gave last month. He doesnt like heavy going, and this is really showing up since his switch to fences. Now he has won in heavy going over hurdles, but the rest of his success has come on firmer going. I feel Nicanor will take this race to Kempes, and try to expose him again, and until the conditions are better suited to Kempes, im more than happy to lay him again. :cow

Re: Lay of the Day 9th February 310 Sedgefield: Middleton Dene Just three in with a chance here and like Riguez Dancer over the other two, Middleton Dene was always a bit disappointing to me over hurdles and could be the same over fences, not sure he wants heavy ground either so a lay for me at the prices.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.