Lay Of The Day 2nd February

16.10 Taunton Oracle Des Mottes - 1pt Place Lay Not the most inspiring day of racing, but i guess it beats yesterday as at least we should hopefully get some jump racing in. My lay for today is a Paul Nicholls trained horse, ridden by Ruby Walsh. Now this horse is now 11 years old and hasnt set the world alight for about a year, still rated 125, which is way too high in my opinion, he has won off 116, but since that last win in November 2008, its been downhill since and to be honest he has struggled to get todays distance this season. This is a very open race and although theres only nine runners, three of them look well capable of taking this, im hoping to get a decent price here on the place lay, due to the Nicholls / Walsh combination. :cow

Re: Lay Of The Day 2nd February Southwell 15:00 - Whitbarrow 1pt win lay Lines up as favourite for this now drop into a claiming race but I think there is a few horses that could spoil the party for him, Stonecrabstomorrow has been enjoying his racing over C&D winning a claiming race previously, Music Box Express was runner up in a selling race lto over C&D, Dig Deep wouldn't have a chance on last run but tends to do better at Southwell finshing runner up three starts ago in a handicap, Castle Myth went ok over C&D LTO when losing ground at the start but running on fairly well. Whitbarrow looks worth taking on at the price even though he appears to be in good heart at age 11.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.