** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

5 Step 2 Buyins - See Where I End Up?

Jammy

Hi chaps, i've been a member on here for ages and frankly mainly lurked however i feel inclined to now join in the nonsense as you seem like a decent bunch! I was reading the thread made by Slapdash earlier about his Steps challenge and noted i had enough in my account to have a bash at 5 Step 2s so i pretty much just plan to do that and see where i end up. Obviously a mere 5 tokens doesn't leave a lot of room for error but i'll see how i go. For what it's worth i'm a 22 year old part-time player of a few years and my biggest tournament cashes are no bigger than a grand or so, i also have issues with bankroll management but hey ho! Anyway, i'll document my progress in this thread mainly for my own use and if i can do anything like as well as Slapdash has then i'll be happy. Any comments are of course more than welcome! I'll probably just two table these or something to start with. jammy27 is the name on Stars if anyone is arsed. I haven't played on there much of late until tonight however.

Re: 5 Step 2 Buyins - See Where I End Up? 1st Attempt - Get pocket aces all in on the turn and guy calls with an open ended straight draw and nut flush draw and gets there on the river. My second table hadn't even opened by the time i was out. This was about three hands in.

Re: 5 Step 2 Buyins - See Where I End Up? That's me done for tonight gentlemen. Managed to turn my Step 1 ticket into another Step 2 ticket and the Step B ticket into another Step B ticket after horribly bubbling the entry into Step C due to a tough beat and opponents lunatic play when we could have almost certainly knocked a guy out. A brief summary so far is as follows: BUYINS 5 x $27 Step 2s 1 x 7.50 Euro Step B CURRENT TICKETS 1 x $82 Step 3 1 x $27 Step 2 1 x 7.50 Euro Step B Mediocre start but onwards and upwards. Thanks for the support!

Re: 5 Step 2 Buyins - See Where I End Up? Decided to screw it and play my Step 3 before bed. Made a bit of a mess of a hand and got AK suited in against AA which needless to say held up. Quite annoyed at tonight's play but i still have a couple of tickets i can potentially grind up. Will give that a shot tomorrow night. Amended table below. BUYINS 5 x $27 Step 2s 1 x 7.50 Euro Step B CURRENT TICKETS 1 x $27 Step 2 1 x 7.50 Euro Step B

Re: 5 Step 2 Buyins - See Where I End Up? Turned that Step 2 ticket into a Step 3 ticket then went out 8th when 99 hit a set against my KK and we got it in on a 9 high board. Not had a lot of luck at this step situation at all! I do still have one Step B ticket but i'll provisionally call this a failure and go back to grinding normal satellites and tournaments. I'll notify if i manage anything with that Step B ticket and apologise for how terribly short lived this was!