Best bet of the day 2nd FEB

1.30 Southwell Another poor day of racing and wouldnt normally bet in an ameteur handicap, but aaman looks impossible to beat on the form he showed over CD last week, that was his first try on the fibresand and he came 16lengths clear, gets into this race off the same mark as that win was in a apprentice handicap, prior to that he was second to Kickahead on his first start for 115 days and now looks on an upward curve with a probably the bestr ameteur booked should be hard to beat. 1pt win aaman

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd Jan 3.40 Taunton Going to try to make an impact this month after a blank January and 1st selection is at Taunton. My main criteria is i wont back all of them ! Quentin Collonges Has ran 7 times in just over a year recording 2 wins and 2 seconds. This season has won twice over 21f & last time over 26f. The horse has plenty fo weight however Jake Greenall is a useful amateur and worth every penny of his 7lb claim. The trainers form is ok at present and has to beat the nicholls and hobbs horses here.I believe the trainer thinks this is worth a chance off top weight as obviously a rise in class could have been on the cards. Win bet

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd Jan 3pm Southwell Whitbarrow Excellent record and has had the same jockey on board since 2006! Isn't the highest rated horse for the race, but has the highest combined rating and speed figure. Normally runs over a similar distance, so should be able to overcome the rest of the field. Very experienced horse that is 11YO, but seemingly still in his pride. TO WIN

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd Jan

3pm Southwell Whitbarrow Excellent record and has had the same jockey on board since 2006! Isn't the highest rated horse for the race, but has the highest combined rating and speed figure. Normally runs over a similar distance, so should be able to overcome the rest of the field. Very experienced horse that is 11YO, but seemingly still in his pride. TO WIN
must admit southwell is my least favourite AW track,where the surface can ride very differently from meeting to meeting(some horses will handle the track when its riding extremely slow,some wont) ,resulting with the formbook being tossed out of the window!!! but given all my misgivings about the surface,WHITBARROW looks certain to run his race,DIG DEEP doesnt look worthy of his rating of 75,STONECRABSTOMMORROW would be big theat on his best form but ran a stinker at kempton on sunday. whitbarrow does look the safest option

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd Jan 14:00 Southwell Just the one for me at this meeting today in this seller, don't normally play in these types of races but I feel Dream In Blue will appreciate the drop into selling company for a stable and jockey combo of Glover/Caitlin which I like very much. The pairing produced 2 winners from 2 over the weekend and can continue that form into this race for what is Glover's only horse at the meeting. My selection won over course and distance on his penultimate start in handicap company off a mark just 2lbs lower than he runs off today. His only other win to date came at this course over a furlong shorter so he clearly loves it around here with 2 places at the track as well. 1pt win Dream In Blue @ SP

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 13.50 Folkstone Ashleys Lad - 1pt Win My first bet for February, im determined to get at least the required amount this month, although looking at todays cards, that may not be easy. Im going to take a punt in the first at Folkstone, yep a Novice Hurdle. Stratigic Gale may well be popular here, Nicky Henderson has two runners in this one and this is Tony McCoys choice of the two. This will the debut over hurdles for Stratigic Gale, he has done nothing wrong in his two bumper runs with two placed efforts, but he has yet to run on soft going, which could well be softer if the predicted rain comes, and im more tempted by the experience of Ashleys Lad. He has had two runs over hurdles which have produced two third place finishes. He did finish 16 lengths back of the winner last time out at Kempton, but that was a better classed race and the first and second are looking promising for the future. Liam Treadwell is on board again today and he will have learnt some of this horses little quirks. It appears these two horses are going to dominate the market, and on this occasion i will go with the experience of Ashleys Lad :cow

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB Southwell 13:30 - Aaman @ 1.44 SJ (bog) Don't see this one being beaten today, hacked up LTO over C&D wining by sixteen lengths and is turned out quickly to do the same thing, will probably not be that sort of distance again but you'd expect another easy win, 1.44 is not much of a price but looks an ok price given the horses chance.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 1:30 Southwell - Aaman - Back Looks like he will be very difficult to beat here. Up against some very ordinary opposition and should be able to pick up a quick fire double. Price is mega short but think that reflects the fact that he's got in here off a great mark given his romp up lto 1pt win @ 2/5 William Hill please

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB Taunton 4:40. Rock On Ruby. 1 point LAY (1.83 Sky Bet) Appropriately this is ridden by Ruby (Walsh) but I'm not sure he is as certain to win this bumper as the very low price suggests. His hot favouratism is based on his one and only race when he did indeed run pretty well to finish fourth without being given a hard race. The winner is a good class individual, but the second has let the form down a bit since and the value of that form is at least open to question. The selection certainly didn't seem particularly well fancied before that race Today he comes up against three other horses who you could make a case for, and one of them in particular has arguably a better case. Clearly the selection might win, but it's far from certain, and at such a short price well worth opposing

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 2:30 Southwell - WHERE'S REILEY - win (9/2 bog, vcbet) It was only a seller this gelding won lto here at Southwell, but I saw the race and I was quite taken by his performance. His blinds were removed late and he was slowly away, but fairly rattled home over 1f shorter, and this extra furlong this afternoon should be a benefit. Looking back through his form, there's a couple of pieces that suggest he could be competitive off a mark in the low-70s, so off 65 today I think he will go very close. Heslop keeps the ride, claiming 5, and the combination can take this.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 2.40 Taunton: King's Forest 1pt win @ 10/3 Coral BOG Decent novice hurdler who ran with credit well on first start over fences at Bangor over 2f further when close 3rd to Ogee and R De Rien Sivola (first 3 miles clear). Raced too keen and made too many errors LTO over fences over same C&D when well beaten. If able to settle better today and put in a better round of jumps will not be far away at the finish for in-form stable (only runner on card today).

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB Taunton 1.40 Devito 0.5 E/W >Betfred , Will Hill 41 BOG Very experienced 9 years old with 16 places (4 wins) from 49 starts. Loves Taunton track, where he had 2 wins and 2 second places. I think he will handle the distance. Had several 23f runs. Wallis will be on his back on forth occasion on a raw and will add nice 3 lbs claim. The stable had 2 wins from 15 starts on this track with a very nice +29.00 balance. The field is full of untested for such a distance horses.

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 340 Taunton: Quentin Collonges EW Interesting race with both Cappa Bleu and An Accordion running their first hurdle races, if anything it gives a bit better value for the others and Quentin Collonges is a very consistant horse at this level. Stays really well and the fav Valentine Vic looks sure to make it a real test. 7/1 Laddies Bog

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 3:10 Taun - Whistlejacquet Won his debut in a bumper and has since come second twice and 6th in a grade 2 contest at Aintree. The first of those seconds came when giving away 6lbs to the winner which has gone on to run at decent level. The other second was on heavy ground and the form of that race has proved to be pretty strong. The 3rd and 4th have placed in class 3 company and 5/6th have won. The ground and trip shouldnt be a problem. Think this could be backed and be cut so will take the price now. 1pt Win 5/2 @ Bet365

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB Taunton 3 40pm Valentine Vic 1pt lay Horse has it all yard and jockey have a good % strike rate ect ect but 2 other horses plus another 2 just short of a good form score for me get the nod to take this short odds market fav on With factors of a good field v this lay and the fact that the some in the press thinking this will win today it all looks to good and should be a easy win but things in horse racing are seldom as clear cut,low odds plus the fact that the field is very handy this lay will get beat,laying Goodluck What Ever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB Nudge and Nurdle 4.10 Taunton 8-1 bet365 Consistent type, won over 18f and 21f so versatile with distance. Ground should be fine, trainer and jockey doing ok lately. Handicap mark seems fair and good chance today off this rating with trip and conditions likely to suit

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 1.40 Taunton CUCKOO LANE I think the Nicholls horse here is underpriced, and that gives some great value elesewhere in the field. The likely favourite, French Ties, is interesting, but it is Cuckoo Lane that really catches my eye. @ 13/2 and above generally. Victor Dartnall is in flying form right now with 3 winners from 9 runners in the last 2 weeks, and Cuckoo Lane's run behind Love of Tara earned a very very competitive speed figure. As another positive, the winner has gone on to finish close up behind Strawberry in a much better race at Kempton. With doubts about the 2nd fav, I believe Cuckoo Lane and French Ties are pretty closely matched here, so at the prices, I am siding with Cuckoo. 1 pt win @ 13/2 Paddy Power (BOG)

Re: Best bet of the day 2nd FEB 4.30 Southwell Ostentation 1pt win @ 7/2 Bluesquare Won last time out and beat Rock A Doodle Doo who has gone on to win his next two races. D'Urberville who was third in the race ran into 2nd place next time out. Trainer in form with 9 wins/2 places from twenty and the trainer/jockey combo is running to 6 wins/5 places here at Southwell.