Towcester Sun 24/01

Re: Towcester Sun 24/01 2.50 race over 3m - i took a look and there are 3 horses that seem to run well here although 2 are now 12yo! Man of the moment (1) Price 7/2 Barrys ark (1F4352) Price 11/1 Woodlands genpower (1556711003) Price 7/1 was actually thinking of a play on the exacta market in the race with a combination of 6 bets covering the 3. 0.5pts exacta = 3pts

Re: Towcester Sun 24/01 14:20 Towcester Devil's River won over course and distance off a mark of 79 back in November 2009 in Soft going. Followed up with a 2nd LTO over the distance at Huntingdon but was well beaten that day off a 6lbs higher mark. Popham who was on board for the course and distance win is back on board today and takes off a vital 5lbs to ease the weight on his back today. He seems to keep his best form for this track with three 2nds over course and distance in a row in April-May 2009, two of those were in Good To Firm and one on Good To Soft. His only other run over course and distance was his first attempt here when he finished 4th in Heavy going. He was a 28/1 shot that day so that is a creditable effort. Shoulg go well under Popham today and be thereabouts at the end. Mr Ironman should be noted as the main danger here with a win and a placed effort at the course in his last 2 runs. 1pt win Devil's River @ 6/1 (WillHill - BOG) 14:50 Towcester I like Man Of The Moment from Jim Best's yard in this race. Still lightly raced with only 8 runs to date. His only win came over this course and distance off a mark of 78. Two runs since over further haven't came to much. Runs off a mark of 87 today but Mr Joshua Moore takes off 7lbs which will definately strengthen this horses chances of winning. Shouldn't mind the Heavy going today having won in Soft conditions when winning here. A return to course and distance may just see him getting his head in front again. 1pt win Man Of The Moment @ 6/1 (Coral - BOG)

Re: Towcester Sun 24/01 KERCABELLEC 2.50 Towcester. 0.5 points each way. Needs to improve a bit on recent efforts, but last time was a step in the right direction and drops to a very attractive looking mark of 58 today. The trip and ground should be fine and although the track is very demanding, that should suit and therefore appears to have every chance.

Re: Towcester Sun 24/01 Devil's River looked the certain winner going into the hill but started to idle in front and was caught in the run in after the last fence after swerving badly right at the fence and then left in the home straight :wall:wall My luck just isn't in at the moment :(

Re: Towcester Sun 24/01

Devil's River looked the certain winner going into the hill but started to idle in front and was caught in the run in after the last fence after swerving badly right at the fence and then left in the home straight :wall:wall My luck just isn't in at the moment :(
I had that and Sports Line beaten today. Both touched 1/9-1/10 in running...sickening isn't it.

Re: Towcester Sun 24/01

I had that and Sports Line beaten today. Both touched 1/9-1/10 in running...sickening isn't it.
Indeed it is sickening :sad Man Of The Moment was off the bridle around a circuit out, did seem to stay on again near the end of the race but was never going to catch the leaders. Another poor day over the jumps for me.