SAturday selections

Guest artcollins

Guest artcollins

Four for Thursday sounds better than four for Saturday but what the hell..... N 2.10 When Salford City put in such a poor display in the classics I said that IMO things were not right with the Elsworth stable and I still believe that. Here we are now a bit further down the calendar and the Elseworth stable is now flying, particularly with the 2YO's with 4 winners from the last 9 runners. Quinn is 4 winners from the last 5 runners aboard Elsworth 2YO's and as much as I'd like to make a case for his first ride of the day aboard Bayard I cannot. The going doesn't suit the breeding IMO and Elsworth isn't the best at turning out first time 2YO winners. However in the 2.10 Brecon looks a good bet, won on the soft and distance with Elsworth commenting there is a lot more to come. Take the hint, I am. N 2.40 Th Johnston stable is also in top form and Joe Fanning is riding more than his fair share. He drew a blank today at Newbury for Johnston but had a winner so the confidence will be high. He has 2 mounts for Johnston on Saturday but Carte Sauvage looks the best of the 2 IMO. Worth an ew bet. The next two are both ridden by Graham Lee and I might show my backside again not tipping his mount aboard Kid'Z'Play but a double penalty might be too much for that one. I'm more interested in C 3.40 Glenfarclas Boy and C 4.50 Weaver George. The Lucinda Russell stable is in fine form with her chasers and whilst the stable jockey Buchanan is at Newbury Graham has rode this horse well before and can take advantage now stepped up in trip again on going that will suit. Weaver George is a winner waiting to happen. Was forced to make the pace a couple of runs ago and LTO came up against a good 'un. Today will be the day for this one.