C 4.10

I've done this race to death now and ended up with at least 5 different winners ;D. Finally came down on the side of Ginger McCain’s Flame Phoenix. Now McCain rarely sends a runner to Cheltenham but has had this race in mind for FP for a long time, in fact he's quoted on the RP site as putting this one away for this race as far back as Sept 10th but he's been turned out twice since and won on his last outing at Towcester on good going. It's that race and the predicted weather conditions that made my mind up. The forecast is for strong winds coming from the south east which will be blowing almost head on to the runners on the home run. If that is the case the winning horse will not only have to have the ability to act on an undulating course but will need the stamina and determination in a finish. The Towcester course is the most demanding racecourse in the country and FP came home last time to good effect, all that will be needed tomorrow. Should the rain come as well and the going alter to soft Sadler's Rock would be my choice but I shall put my trust in the Cheltenham drainage system and recommend Flame Phoenix ew. For the record the forecast favourite Goblet of Fire didn’t come into the reckoning which in a race that has been good for favourites makes me wonder. Tigers Lair, Dawton and Sir Laughalot were the others I considered. ;) ;)