Home Form Counts! 20 bets/41% Yield

Hello all, this is my first posting for Punters Lounge, but have been following many of your threads for quite some time. This system will be based on home form, especially in the last few games. Away games that have taken place in the meantime are also taken into account. Goals scored and conceded are all part of the selection process in a point-based system. Also, time between past matches and upcoming matches plays a major factor. I have back-tested somewhat and found that this has produced a good yield. Matches will come from leagues all over Europe and will usually be in the 1X2 and Asian Handicap markets. This will be a paper-trail at first, but hope to place some stakes on it at some point. Starting bank will be unlimited, but will place 10 pts even stakes on each selection. I am optimistic about this and hope you can share in the success! :cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Home Form Counts!

Ok it is still over an hour before kickoff. I put the wrong Coupe de France match. Remove the Auxerre game and insert St. Etienne. The 2 matches are below: St. Etienne vs Vannes: back St. Etienne -1 @ 2.10 FC Porto vs Academica: back Porto -1 @ 1.63
Yesterday was better! 1 win and 1 draw brings the yield back into the positive. St. Etienne vs Vannes: back St. Etienne -1 @ 2.10 :clap FC Porto vs Academica: back Porto -1 @ 1.63 :tongue2 Bets: 3 Won: 2 Staked: 30 Profit: +1 Yield: 3.3%

Re: Home Form Counts! YES! fiorentina almost pulled one off in this match, but Klose saved it with a late goal. Newcastle showed their class after going 1 down: Newcastle vs Coventry: back Newcastle @ 1.53 :clap Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina: back Bayern -1 @ 2.00 :lol Bets: 10 Won: 9 Staked: 100 Profit: +36.8 Yield: 37%

Re: Home Form Counts!

Matches for tonight yet to be played, but going ahead and posting the lone selection tomorrow: Universidad de Chile vs Caracas (Copa Lib): back U. Chile -1 @ 1.90
A draw is not a loss :). I'm not sure if I should include draws in calculating my yield? Can someone offer any opinions on that? Not counting drawn bets, the yield would be somewhere around 46%. Universidad de Chile vs Caracas (Copa Lib): back U. Chile -1 @ 1.90 :) Bets: 11 Won: 10 Staked: 110 Profit: +36.8 Yield: 34%

Re: Home Form Counts! Well done for your picks so far! :clap As for your question, I think most people include the draws into their yield. Unless the match is postponed or did not finish, then it's probably right not to include. Just thought I should point out a little issue about your strike rate. Usually for handicaps, people separate their results into Win/Draw/Lose. Draw in the sense that you back Team A -1 and Team A wins by 1 goal. I see that you have put it down as a win, but it's not much of an issue. The yield is more important in my opinion.