The X Factor - Overall Winner

Ok..Not everyone's cuppa tea - but as I backed the winner of Big Brother 5 this year I thought I'd enter the murky waters of reality type tv games again to find some value...:dude The X-Factor current odds.. Rowetta 4.5 G4 4.2 Steve 6 Tabby 7.4 2 to Go 10.5 Cassie 10 Verity 50 Voices with Soul 27 Roberta 75 Rowetta - How is this gobby, unstable nutter got this far?? She is either loved or hated and yet she is still one of the fav's!! Mad!! G4 - Posh-boy barber shop quartet..A gimmick - can sing, but can you see them on TOTP?? Steve - Mature pub singer but with a mild mannered laid back approach that will appeal - Definate winner of the over 25's and a possible overall winner Tabby - Different and certainly will be popular with the rock-chicks. However maybe too different for the mainstream family audience and reminds me too much of that irratible knob from Fame Academy 2 to Go - Nice voices and will go far - aint gonna win but I fancy them to take top group. Verity - Probably go further than people think - everyone loves an underdog - especially a pathetically feeble divorcee in her 40's.. Voices with Soul - Good voices but won't win. Cassie - She has the possible profile of a winner. Has the best voice. She is young and cute without having the good looks that will alienate her from the teenage girl voters. Will appeal to all the viewer stereotypes who vote on this show. Reminds me a bit of a Charlotte Church-type.. Although the fact that the viewing panel have to make the final decision which does make betting more difficult, I feel that Cassie will improve and become more appealing as the shows go on. An under-25 won't be voted off for a few episodes yet, so I felt she was an excellent bet at 10/1 (Bet365) although this has now dropped (however I think it is still available elsewhere.. 4 pt stake on Cassie for overall winner at 10/1

Re: The X Factor - Overall Winner I am having to endure watching this (and the Xtra Factor) every bloody week, so I might as well give my opinions to someone else rather than just the missus. The name of the show is the X factor and I am hoping that the numpties that actually vote for these things will get to grips with that concept and go for something a little different.

So I will divide my little write ups into 2 groups – those we have seen before, and those who have something different to offer.

Boring

2 To Go couldn’t believe you put ‘Peters & Lee’ cos that’s how I refer to them. They can sing, but there is nothing special about them. Get the sympathy vote cos the guy is blind (don’t mean to be harsh, just realistic)

Voices With Soul These Mamma’s belt it out, but they are nothing different.

Verity Keays blew her chance 30 years ago, back for another attempt. Again can sing but nowt special.

Cassie youngest contestant , in the middle of a war of words between Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne – can see her making the final 5

Different G4 remember all the fuss about Pavorotti (sp?) and the 3 Tenors and all that about 10 years ago, I can see these lads doing a similar thing, it would be mainly covers (imagine ‘G4 sings D12!!!’ ) but it is something unusual and I reckon they will go close

Rowetta definite loon, positively unstable, but got character and has talent Not sure

Steve I can’t work out whether this guy is really cool or just a bit of a nerd. But he doesn’t offer new

Tabby well having a feline name doesn’t necessarily make him a cool cat, but there is something about him that is a little strange, I think it could be androgeny.

So I reckon the final 3 will be G4, Tabby and Rowetta, with G4 doing the business I think you raise a major point with reference to the judges having the final say, most weeks it will come down to the 1 judge whose acts are not voted in the bottom 2. I think this will have a major influence on the outcome, and as the weeks go by it might be something that can be taken advantage of in the next eviction markets.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.