Onto a winner.. literally

Hi all. Iv been a member on here for a while, and tried out a few different things which usually end in failure. I think this time I have something different. The system is simple, but does require you be at the computer for every race of the day.. which for me is quite fortunate as I have just moved to Canada and am unable to work until my visa paperwork is sorted. The system rules are: 1. Select the racing post forecast favorite every morning. 2. Put them in order of race time. 3. Bet them to place as long as the start price is not below 1.5 There is no way to back-test this - i think - because I am unable to find back-dated racing post forecast favorites?? The staking plan is a little tricky to explain. I only have 1 weeks worth of data so far, and from tweaking that I have come up with this: You set yourself a rolling target for the day. Mine is £600 (dont worry you wont make no where near £600 :cry) You then set yourself a number of races. Mine is 30. It is good to have about 1.5 x the amount of races in the day, but mine is always 30. The first race you set yourself a race target. Which is your rolling target / your number of races. So the first race will be 600/30 = £20 You take the odds the minute before the off, put it into your spreadsheet and work out your stake. If the horse wins then your rolling bank is adjusted (your profit is taken away from it.) If the horse loses then your stake is added onto the rolling target. You then minus 1 from the number of races, as there is 1 less race for the day and then work out the race target for the next horse. moz-screenshot-1.pngSo for example:

Track Time Horse Place Odds Win or lose Race target Stake Profit or loss Rolling target Days
£600.00
28th Dec Chepstow 12.25 Earth Planet 1.68 W £20.00 £29.41 £20.00 £580.00 30
Chepstow 13 Super Formen 1.69 L £20.00 £28.99 -£28.99 £608.99 29
Leicester 13.25 Blossom King 1.6 W £21.75 £36.25 £21.75 £587.24 28
Chepstow 13.35 Strategic Aproch 2.65 W £21.75 £13.18 £21.75 £565.49 27
Wolverhampton 13.35 Head First 2.56 L £21.75 £13.94 -£13.94 £579.43 26
Leicester 13.55 Hard and Fast 2 L £23.18 £23.18 -£23.18 £602.61 25
Now I have paper trialed this over the past 7 days and the results are pretty amazing.
Total profit 607.36
Profit per day 86.77
Largest stake 114.51
I am going to start with real money tomorrow and I shall be posting the results here for you guys to watch / follow. Do you guys have any idea on: 1. How I could back-test this. 2. If the staking plan is any good.. or did I just make up a load of crap. 3. Any other ideas on how to improve this. Thanks in advance

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Onto a winner.. literally the only potential problem i can see with this is that the staking seems similar to that of martingale. If you had a long run of bad results it could wipe out a lot of your bank. Whats the longest losing streak you had in this week against how many selections?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.