NHL 19/2 Thu

A good win last night and I am happy I scratched the Sharks although the blow came from a different side than Vokoun's. Record YTD: 97-108-19, +27.44 pts, 12.02 per cent yield. Quite a busy night with as many as five plays: NYR -1/2 to bt NYI @ 2.23 *Pinn* 1 PT I am well aware about everybody will be on the Rangers and it may be smarter to oppose them. Still, I haven't found anything why I should fancy the Isles in this kinda decider. Well, NYI are 2-0-3 in L5 while NYR are 3-11-2 in L16. Although the Isles seem to be on the roll, they are a bit inconsistent and the last time took them long before finally edging the Pens (4-3). The main thing is, though, the Rangers OWN the Isles. They are 6-2-2 in L10 H2Hs and 3-1-1 "at home". What's more NYI are 0-6-2 in L8 H2Hs and lost L4 straight (all this season). An interesting fact is that if you took those 8 points from their record, the Rangers would be tied with Washington! As it stands, they still may have hight hopes of getting inot playoffs and this is exactly the decider. Clg (ML) to bt MTL @ 2.00 *Pinn* 1 PT H2Hs are slightly in the Flames' favour (4-3-3 and 1-1-1 @ Mtl) and Calgary want to record their forst five-game winning streak in 7 seasons. Enough of a motivation and although I am keen on opposing teams in such situations, Mtl's recent efforts don't rise much confidence - they've lost 4 straight since the All-Stars break. CHI (ML) to bt SJS @ 2.21 *Pinn* 1 PT Can't see any reason why to back the Sharks tonite. They are 2-3 on the road now and although goalies seldom repeat such a terrible performace as last night, their confidence must have been shaken big time. They are starting Nabokov, but Toskala was not much better. Just consider the Sharks outshot the opponents last night by 7 shots and yet lost by 4 goals. Chicago won 3 straight before losing the last outing. H2Hs read 4-3-3, BUT 3-1 @ Chicago. STL (ML) to bt TB @ 2.00 *Pinn* 1 PT TB may be red hot (one loss and one draw in L6), but the Blues are doing much better than before the break as well (3-2 in L5, won L2). The H2H record is 6-2-2 AND 4-0 in L4 @ StL (the Blues won by 4, 3, 3, 1 gl). Bos (ML) to bt PHILLY @ 2.29 *Pinnacle* 1 PT Bos 3-0-0-2 L5 on the road and 7-0-1-2 in L10, while Philly lost L2. Bost lost narrowly and tied this seasons' H2H encounters and are 3-4-2 in L10 H2H and more importantly 2-1-2 @ Philly. That's it. T.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.