Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

RussP

Following on from the European Tour thread, I'll open one up for those events across the pond on the PGA Tour. Should be a very interesting year as we have the Tiger factor; will he play? If so, how will his head be? Again, I'll update the thread with the appropriate events as they come, the first one starting on 7th Jan with the champions event in Hawaii. To begin with though, I'm having a bet on the money list market, but taking out the Woods & Mickleson factors in search of the win. S.O'Hair to win PGA Tour Money List w/o Woods & Mickleson, 2pts EW @ 14/1 Skybet (1/4 odds, 1-2-3) Still only 27 years old, this kid is a fantastic up & coming golfer who I expect to be firmly established in the World's top 10 by the end of 2010. Made the cut in 18 of his 23 contested events, winning just the once but with 9 Top 10's. Moved up to 15 in the world too and is set to improve that as O'Hair is such a consistent player. What he needs is to convert those Top 10's into victories and then this 14/1 price will look massive. Effectively finished 4th in this last year, but was small change off 2nd. Stricker took the market easily but it was a freak year for him and one I expect he'll struggle to repeat, whilst O'Hair is only going one way. Again the 3 that finished above him had more than 1 tour win so that heavily contributes to the final total. Finished the season very strongly with T8-4-3-1-T62-T5 in his last 6 starts. That will have set him up nicely for 2010. For me, O'Hair is the one golfer in the US that you can be really confident about having a good season so at 14/1 to top the money without the big 2, I'm happy to tie up my money for the year. Worst case scenario here, I expect an EW return which will still pay 7/2.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.