VIP League 2nd season

TheVPL

VIP League 2nd season  

1. 1.

• Great idea
    • Not my cup of tea thanks

Hi all, Well, it looks we have the go-ahead to run another season starting in January. We want to add some additional incentives to get people playing regularly in the weekly tournaments, and I'd appreciate if anyone here could offer some feedback on our plans. We're going to run a "prize draw" at the end of the twelve weeks. We're looking at probably three prizes up for grabs. First will be a trip to Las Vegas for two (flights, hotel and spending money). 2nd will be either a $1,000 prize or something to the value of that (any suggestions welcome). 3rd will be either a $500 prize or something to the value of that. Basically, any time someone enters any of the weekly tournaments, they earn a ticket to the prize draw - i.e. the more you play, the better your chance of winning. Just an idea at the moment, but would welcome your thoughts. Also, please do let others know about the league if you think they may be interested in playing. James

Re: vippokerleague $10,000 live final Luton Thanks for the responses. We've been doing a bit more brainstorming and these are the current ideas we are looking to implement. 1. The Prize Draw Appreciate your comments, PGremlin, regarding a lottery - but it does add some value and, particularly, gives incentive to keep playing for those that perhaps feel they are unlikely to qualify. We're thinking of reducing the value of this draw though, to enable us to do a couple of other things. So the expected prizes will be 1. Something worth approx $1,500 (cash alternative available) 2. As above, $750 3. As above, $250 We may utilise your idea, glennop, of offering tickets to a GUKPT event. 2. PL Mini League If this is acceptable to the powers that be at Punters Lounge, we will run a mini-league exclusively for players at this forum. The format would be simply any points earned in any tournament that is part of the league would count for a player in the mini-league. We will then give three additional seats to the PL mini-league. What I would like to do, though, is to make these seats available to the three highest finishers in the mini-league that DO NOT qualify automatically. We would make some kind of minimum player stipulation (perhaps 25?) If this can be agreed to by the relevant person/people then, with permission, perhaps I could start a new thread for people to register in the mini-league? 3. Regular Player Tournament Thankyou PGremlin for this suggestion - we like it. We have to consider logistics and costs though, so I'm not sure we can committ to this for season two. If we get the right increase in players, then it's certainly something we would love to do for future seasons. In the meantime, we have a couple of takes on it that we could implement for season two. One option is to do something like the top 10 players who play in the most tournaments during the league, but also fail to qualify, are invited to play in a mini-tournament (same day as the final) with a something like a $250 prize pool. The second option is to closer to what you suggest PGremlin, but to do it online. So anyone who plays in at least 11 tournaments total throughout the season is invited into a online "warm-up" tournament. 4. Rewarding top online finishers Another good idea, admittedly one we had already considered. Again, for season 2, not really something we can justify. But we may well add a small $$ incentive for the top player in each league. Love the idea of providing bracelets, but really need to see bigger numbers til that happens. 5. Referall Rewards A referall programme to get more people involved, and to incentives existing players to help spread the word. 2 aspects of this :- Firstly, a payment for every player referred (subject to player playing in a minimum of 6 tournaments) This would be a payment of $5 - $10. Secondly, a prize for the player who refers the most - probably $100, maybe a little higher. We really want to make the VPL a much bigger affair than it currently is, so we can give away a lot more. We particularly apprecaite the support of those taking part in the first season and all and any feedback & suggestions really are gratefully received. So please, let us know what you think to the above, and if we can get a PL mini-league, fantastic!! James

Re: VIP League 2nd season I would be defo interested, I noticed the first one to late :$ :$ :$, so only played the last 4 games or so, and I had the prob, i did on cake and it did not fill up always. I not have a clue but perhaps this problem can be solved. I like the idea with the draw a lot though

• 3 weeks later...