** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aussie Corner - Week 2

Guest mattsthebest

Guest mattsthebest

I've opened the thread today with the intention of discussing tonights game between the Crusaders and the Blues, in Super 12's. The Crusaders started their campaign last week with an embarrassing loss to the Waratahs. What must be said about the game is that the Crusaders looked very short of intencity, creativity and ideas when going forward. They were very flat footed moving forward, and really struggled to get over the advantage line. Often they were more interested in kicking the ball away then using the strenghth of their forwards to create momentum. The greatest concern would have to be that they missed something like 30 odd tackles, and let players like Grey, Tiquiri and Rogers run right through them with relative ease. A repeat of last weeks performance will certainly cost them another game. On the other hand the Blues also were far from impressive , when you consider the amount of talent that makes up their team. We know that they are always going to be dangerous on the counter attack, as they showed early on against the Brumbies, but defensively, which is so important when playing away from home, they were well below their best. Also out wide they weren't clicking, which could be put down to the fact that Muliaina was played out of position to accomdate for the inclusion of Rokocoko. Anyhow, alot can change in the space of a week and so I'm willing to put what happend last week aside. Besides this game is a derby game in New Zealand and a game that should bring the best out in both sides. In terms of the advantage you'd have to strongly favour the Crusaders after last weeks embarrassment. Also they have the advantage of home ground and the Blues have had to fly back from Canberra after playing one of the toughest games of their lives. The heat and humidity in Canberra should have taken alot out of the Blues players, even though they've had 6 days to recover. A final point also worth mentioning is that the Blues, yet again, are a strong public play here, with alot of punters backing the Blues to beat the Handicap of 5.5 - 6.5 pts. That works in my favour because backing the Crusaders at home on the handicap looks to be a good play, after all things considered. Any thoughts or questions are welcome.:cheers

Aussie Corner - Week 2 Sorry mate, looks like great minds think alike, i just opened an aussie corner myself 5 mins after you did. Perhaps next week i'll open it as Aussie Corner AFL 6/7 March04 and you do Aussie Corner Rugby 6/7 March04. What do you reckon Matty??

Guest mattsthebest

Re:Weather... There is expected showers before and during the game, which could make the playing conditions very difficult. As a result I would expect a scrappy game, which should work in the Crusaders favour.

Guest mattsthebest

Re:JohnZA... :rollin ...Whoops! What sought of odds are offered on that happening.:D I'm not sure if the moderators would prefer it if all Australian sports are directed to one Topic per week instead of two. I mean, I don't mind you posting in here in the future, as the topic does address all Australian sports, and not that many people tend to post, so it shouldn't get messy. But you can decide.:cheers

Guest Citizen Kane

Super12 Believe the Waratahs will be far too strong for the Sharks but the remaining three games could be close and as such I don't see any value in the head to head or margin markets. One bet that does attract me is the Bulls HT/FT v Hurricanes. I believe the Hurricanes were overrated by the bookies at the start of this year and the odds still reflect this. In this particular game the Bulls will be desperate to avoid two home defeats in a row with home games over the next two weeks as well, any more slips will be almost the end of there top 4 chances early on. The Hurricanes will be happy with one from two on their SA tour so their head space may not be right for this game. The way I see it is the Bulls forwards will muscle up over the Canes who will be relying on their backs seizing any half opportunities. The Bulls to win at 1.65 doesn't temp me but the 2.75 on the HT/FT will. Good luck to all and my vote would be to just have one Aussie Corner until the number of posts dictate splitting the topic. Cheers