Hockey 101

Hello everybody, I've noticed that there is not much activity on this forum regarding hockey bets and since I really think that sometimes hockey has a lot of possibilities I thought of opening a new thread here. I'm gonna keep this thread for one year and see if Santa will be generous next Christmas :eyes So first of all I apologize for my bad English and I hope that everybody will have a great year in 2010 Here are 2 picks for tomorrow: Austria EBEL Red Bull Slazburg - EC VSV This should be a very interesting match as Slazburg are on fire right now and VSV are in a very terrible form. This is a top bet and I'm going to play it hard. I expect a 5-2 or even 6-2 score here. Red Bull Slazburg to win (7/10) 1.6 @ Ladbrokes (Odds going down) Slovakia Extraliga: Zilina - Banska Bystrica This is one of those games that I do not like but I'm gonna risk a small amount on as it seams great value. Zilina is a very tough team and they are always able to win a match like this. However in this particular occasion I think that they will not be able to keep up with Banska that are having a very good run right now. I expect this to be a very tight victory for the guests something like 3-4 or 4-5. Banska to win (2/10) 2 @ Sportingbet

Re: Hockey 101 Just checked the hockey offer again this morning and found another interesting game. Switzerland - Nationalliga A Servette - Rappers Servette is currently with 3 points behind the leader and this is there opportunity to equalize everything. On the other end Rappers are just short of the relegation zone and are not doing so well. One of there main players Raeto Raffainer will be missing the entire season as he was injured and will have to sustain a shoulder operation. Also Reappers just got a new coach, they opted for Christian Weber. Since all the previous encounters between the 2 teams ended up with today's hosts as winners when they played at home I think thah this will be the case today as well and I'm going to support my opinion with a medium stake. Servette to win (5/10) 1.75 @ Expekt Good Luck!:hope

Re: Hockey 101

Austria EBEL Red Bull Slazburg - EC VSV This should be a very interesting match as Slazburg are on fire right now and VSV are in a very terrible form. This is a top bet and I'm going to play it hard. I expect a 5-2 or even 6-2 score here. Red Bull Slazburg to win (7/10) 1.6 @ Ladbrokes (Odds going down) PICK WON :nana Slovakia Extraliga: Zilina - Banska Bystrica This is one of those games that I do not like but I'm gonna risk a small amount on as it seams great value. Zilina is a very tough team and they are always able to win a match like this. However in this particular occasion I think that they will not be able to keep up with Banska that are having a very good run right now. I expect this to be a very tight victory for the guests something like 3-4 or 4-5. Banska to win (2/10) 2 @ Sportingbet PICK LOST :( Switzerland - Nationalliga A Servette - Rappers Servette is currently with 3 points behind the leader and this is there opportunity to equalize everything. On the other end Rappers are just short of the relegation zone and are not doing so well. One of there main players Raeto Raffainer will be missing the entire season as he was injured and will have to sustain a shoulder operation. Also Reappers just got a new coach, they opted for Christian Weber. Since all the previous encounters between the 2 teams ended up with today's hosts as winners when they played at home I think thah this will be the case today as well and I'm going to support my opinion with a medium stake. Servette to win (5/10) 1.75 @ Expekt PICK WON :nana
A few after match comments: Slazburg had a easy win leading the game from the start. It ended 4-1 and it seams I was right about the 3 goals difference as well. It was my bet of the day and I played it with high stakes and it returned a nice profit. Banska .... well to quote miself "This is one of those games that I do not like but I'm gonna risk a small amount on" ... everybody know what that's like and tonight like on most occasions when you place a bet like this it ends with a lost. I'm glad that as I mentioned this was just a test bet with a very small stake so that sets me back only 2 units. Match ended 3-2 Servette did the job, it was a heart pumping match (1-0, 0-1, 1-0) but they did there job, got the 3 points as expected and have the same number of points as the leader. This was a good bet and even if the score does not show it I have to say this was a easy, pragmatical win. The medium stake paid up nice. Match ended 2-1 I'm glad I had a very nice start in this thread and I hope to keep it up all year round. :ok So the balance for tonight is +5,95 units, not much .... but you got to love that "+" at the end of the day :lol

Re: Hockey 101 Here are my picks for tomorrow: Germany - DEL Eisbaren Berlin - Straubing Tigers I started with this event because it's my best bet for tomorrow. It's a simple first place - 13'th place match. Berlin will win this one for sure so I'm going to go high stakes on a home win (8/10). However the odds for this bet are low 1.3 ... so I'm going to also pick over 1.5 in the first period @ 1.64 Bet365. I think that Berlin will do the job starting with the first period. I like this type of bet much more then Over 5.5 for the complete game because I can easely see Berlin winning the first 2 periods 2-0 and relax in the last one. So because I think 1,3 for the home win is a bit short, then I will go for 2 bets: - Over 1.5 in the first period @ 1.64 Bet365 (6/10) - Eisbaren Berlin to win @ 1.3 Bet365 (8/10) Germany - DEL ERC Ingolstadt - Hamburg F. I really like this match, and I think that ERC will do the job at home even if Hamburg is a surprising squad. To be honest Hamburg stink... and I mean really stink, but from time to time they just pop up with a surprise. This is the reason why I'm a bit restrained on taking ERC with high stakes. I'm going to go for the home win with a medium high stake here. It should be a easy 4-2 or 5-2 win for ERC and considering that they will climb 4 positions if they get this win I think they are preeeeetty motivated to do so. I'm going to go for the more then generous odd the bookies are offering (beats me why:unsure): ERC Ingolstadt to win @ 1.8 Interwetten (6/10) odds will possibly go down Good Luck:hope

Austria EBEL Red Bull Slazburg - EC VSV This should be a very interesting match as Slazburg are on fire right now and VSV are in a very terrible form. This is a top bet and I'm going to play it hard. I expect a 5-2 or even 6-2 score here. Red Bull Slazburg to win (7/10) 1.6 @ Ladbrokes (Odds going down)
Thanks for this mate. Top tipping! Keep it up :cheers

Germany - DEL Eisbaren Berlin - Straubing Tigers I started with this event because it's my best bet for tomorrow. It's a simple first place - 13'th place match. Berlin will win this one for sure so I'm going to go high stakes on a home win (8/10). However the odds for this bet are low 1.3 ... so I'm going to also pick over 1.5 in the first period @ 1.64 Bet365. I think that Berlin will do the job starting with the first period. I like this type of bet much more then Over 5.5 for the complete game because I can easely see Berlin winning the first 2 periods 2-0 and relax in the last one. So because I think 1,3 for the home win is a bit short, then I will go for 2 bets: - Over 1.5 in the first period @ 1.64 Bet365 (6/10) :( PICK LOST - Eisbaren Berlin to win @ 1.3 Bet365 (8/10) :nana PICK WON Germany - DEL ERC Ingolstadt - Hamburg F. I really like this match, and I think that ERC will do the job at home even if Hamburg is a surprising squad. To be honest Hamburg stink... and I mean really stink, but from time to time they just pop up with a surprise. This is the reason why I'm a bit restrained on taking ERC with high stakes. I'm going to go for the home win with a medium high stake here. It should be a easy 4-2 or 5-2 win for ERC and considering that they will climb 4 positions if they get this win I think they are preeeeetty motivated to do so. I'm going to go for the more then generous odd the bookies are offering (beats me why:unsure): ERC Ingolstadt to win @ 1.8 Interwetten (6/10) :nana PICK WON odds will possibly go down Good Luck:hope
A few after match impressions: Eisbaren (Polar Bears) were a disgrace tonight. They mocked this entire match and there audience of 14.000 people. They played there stupid holiday hockey and managed to get a border line win in the 3rd period. They did the job and won my main bet however there are the first place in the German league and they should have scored 2 in the first half. Game ended 3-1 Ingolstadt did the job nice and 4 minutes before the end of the game the score I predicted 5-2 looked like was to be a reality. They however lost there focus and Hamburg managed to score twice in the last 3 minutes. Nevertheless a win is a win so I'm happy with them. Game ended 5-4 The profit for tonight is just a small +1.2 this is due to Eisbaren playing there stupid holiday hockey :@. Overall profit +7,15 I'm going to have a winter vacation so just wanted to wish EVERYBODY on this forum HAPPY HOLIDAYS :cheers:cheers:cheers will be back next year with more hockey ... until then :gimme:dude

Re: Hockey 101 Hello everybody, just thought to add a match for tonight. NHL San Jose Sharks - Anaheim Mighty Ducks It's a very important match for the Sharks as they are currently in 5th place, just 2 points down from the leader. With a battle this hard for the first place, none of the pretenders can afford to lose a home game against the 23rd position. The sharks defeated the Blackhawks (4th place) on there own territory just 3 days ago so I'm also very confident in there form and there power. We can also expect an over here as my suggested score will be around 5-3 but i think that a home win is a bit more safe. Since this is my only game for today I'm going to go with medium stakes on it even if I am quite confident with it. I had 2 more bets for today Hamburg and HV 71 however did not have time to bet or post them here. Considering that this is the only match I will bet today and will not have another one to cover this one in case of a lose i will just place 5 units on the Sharks. San Jose Sharks to win @ 1.8 Expekt (5/10) :hope

Hello everybody, just thought to add a match for tonight. NHL San Jose Sharks - Anaheim Mighty Ducks It's a very important match for the Sharks as they are currently in 5th place, just 2 points down from the leader. With a battle this hard for the first place, none of the pretenders can afford to lose a home game against the 23rd position. The sharks defeated the Blackhawks (4th place) on there own territory just 3 days ago so I'm also very confident in there form and there power. We can also expect an over here as my suggested score will be around 5-3 but i think that a home win is a bit more safe. Since this is my only game for today I'm going to go with medium stakes on it even if I am quite confident with it. I had 2 more bets for today Hamburg and HV 71 however did not have time to bet or post them here. Considering that this is the only match I will bet today and will not have another one to cover this one in case of a lose i will just place 5 units on the Sharks. San Jose Sharks to win @ 1.8 Expekt (5/10) PICK WON :nana :hope
What can I say about this match... it went exactly as I planned from start to finish. They won the first 2 periods 2-0,3-1 and in the last period they closed there defense and ended the period 0-1 bringing the overall score to 5-2... even better then the score I predicted (5-3). I should have wagered more however as I mentioned I did not manage to place a bet on my other 2 bets for yesterday HV71 and Hamburg and they both won, so I was a little bit worried that this would be the match that will *:)** me up. Profit yesterday +4 units Overall profit after 3 days of betting +11,15 It has been a great start for me :nana. I will get back later today with 2 predictions from Austria.

Re: Hockey 101 I have 2 games for today that are connected: Vienna Capitals - Klagenfurter AC Here we have Vienna, currently in second place with just 2 points behind the leader against the 6th place in the Austrian Bundesliga. Vienna is the best team at home this season gathering 27 points in 17 matches and I don't think the will have any problem against Klagenfurter that only managed to gather 11 points in there 17 away matches so far. I think that this match will be something like 4-2 or 5-3 for Vienna that is why I'm going with medium-high stakes on it. Vienna Capitals to win @ 1,75 bets4all (7/10) :hope the odds at interwetten are also very nice ... 1,72 Acroni Jesenice - Graz 99ers Here we have the leader of the bundesliga (99ers) playing away with the last position. I don;t really like to bet teams that play away from home, but if the leaders can't win away to the last place then what else is there to say. I mentioned that the 2 games are connected, this is beacuse Vienna is just 2 points down from Graz 99ers and they have a easy home match tonight. The 99ers know that if they do not win tonigth there is going to be a new leader and I'm confident that this is motivation enough for them. I'm going to go with medium stakes on an away win here: Graz 99ers to win @ 1,75 Betsson (5/10) :hope Good luck to everybody with there bets.