Won At Betfair Sp But Can"t Collect!

maxi

On the 7th december I asked for a place betfair sp price on 2.10 wolverhampton for IRON OUT,stipulating minimum odds of 1.50.The horse duly won and sp place odds were given at 1.50.However betfair refused to pay me citing rule 10.2 Where an SP is equal to the price limit specified by customers, those bets will be included based on the time they were submitted, on a first come, first served basis as is the existing convention for exchange bets. This means that such bets may be unmatched or partially matched. Amazing eh? So don't always expect to be paid. This bet was given to them around 1 and a 1/2 hours before the off. On the upside of course,if my horse lost,then they will of course refund my bet if no one has matched it?????????????????...:rollin

Re: Won At Betfair Sp But Can"t Collect! Errm, I'm not keen with using SP, but this rule they're citing is well known to me, and I suppose they are right - your stake was just a part of many other stakes at the same SP, so there was no enough liquidity to match your bet. As far as I understand, it was not the case where your bet was matched, and they refused to pay - your bet simply was not matched, and that's it; if the horse lost, naturally, you would have your stake back. I had a similar case yesterday on football: in match Montana vs. Cherno More, I placed back over 1.5 goals at odds of 1.77, in about 40 minute of the game; I was expecting 0-0 at HT. The odds reached 1.77, but then Cherno More scored a goal in injury time of first half, before my bet was matched, so I simply got my stake back, nevertheless if the game went on later to finish 0-1, or to go over 1.5 goals (as it really was, 1-2 FT); so, in this case, I cannot blame Betfair for not paying me out - my bet was not matched, in te same way as yours!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.