Lingfield 4th Dec (AW)

12.40 Lingfield Full toss looks on a dangerous mark as far as handicap mark goes and that would give him a lot less weight over his rivals in this claimer on the efforts he showed off his current mark at newmarket. Concern would have to be has never shown much on aw and been off for over 2 months but none the less he could take all the beating. 0.5pt win full toss 2.25 Lingfield A tough handicap to call and looks fairly open, Samarinda is a useful sort on the aw but may need the run. Glow star was a decent horse in south Africa dn finally seems to be finding his level in this country having shown some promise last time out over 7f at lingfield and was doing most of his running wide and at the end and this extra furlong would certainly look ideal on that form. 0.75pt win glow star 3.00 Lingfield Rondeau won well at brighton before being just as competitive off revised mark at kempton over this trip well drawn again today but may help if he was more up with the pace last time out and a more positive ride today would see him run well again and does handle the surface having previously won on it. 0.25pt e/w rondeau 3.30 Lingfield Mannlichen is your typical Johnston horse tries to do things the hard way from the front and still hand plenty left in him just not as much as mildoura had who bounced back to form last time out. Mannlichen still looks well handicapped on that form and this is a weak race today with several returning from un prosperous spells over hurdles. Unusual for me to tip a horse at lingfield to make all but he just looks a class above these lot lol!! 1.5pt win mannlichen

Re: Lingfield 4th Dec (AW) 12:40 Lingfield I was on Traphalgar LTO when he finished 2nd at Wolverhampton over 12 furlongs in a class 5 handicap. This is what I wrote about him:

Both are lightly raced on the all weather but Traphalgar boasts a nice record with 3 wins and a 3rd from 4 runs. He also has 3 wins on the turf and 3 places from 15 runs. All his turf wins have came on Good To Firm and he has won off a mark of 83. All his winning has came up to 10 furlongs but the step up in trip today up to 12 furlongs should suit him. Runs off a mark of 75 today which he has won off of at Lingfield back in 2007 over a mile. He is 4lbs lighter than his last win and his handicap win at Beverley. Also 8lbs lower than his win at Leciester back in September.
Is 2lbs higher today and runs off top weight in this claimer but with the drop back down to his favourite trip of 10 furlongs he may prove tough to beat. Fallon on board is also an interesting booking for me and hopefully he can get this horse back in the winners enclosure. 1pt win Traphalgar 13:50 Lingfield I was absolutely gutted to miss Transfixed LTO when she won at this course over 7 furlongs. Beat a Mark Johnston odds on favourite that day who was back in 3rd. She has been a model of consistency on the turf with 5 wins and 11 places from 22 runs and 1 win from 2 runs on the All Weather. All 24 of those runs have came this year in what has been a busy year for her. Has won over 6 furlongs twice before so the drop in trip isn't a worry. Only raised 1lb for her win LTO but is a good 6 pounds heavier than the rest of the field which may be the only negative to her name. I will put my trust in her though and I know she will at the very least run a good race and give me a good run for my money. 1pt win Transfixed

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.