** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Superleague Round 3

Fri Leeds -8 (Paddy) v Wigan +14 (BlueSq) St Helens -24 (Paddy/Coral) v Widnes +30 (Ladbrokes) Sat Salford +2 (SpOdds) v Wakefield +2 (Totalbet) Sun Huddersfield +18 (gen) v Bradford -14 (Coral) Warrington -10 (Surrey) v Castleford +16 (Betdirect) Hull FC -16 (Coral) v London +20 (Ladbrokes) Thoughts: Leeds v Wigan Wigan do have a few players out, although some have reportedly recovered from knocks. Wigan do have some promising youngsters mixed in with the experience, the youngsters did not let the side down last year, and so I don't see why they should this year. Leeds have the disappointment of last week's challenge cup defeat to overcome and Tony Smith will send out a much changed side tonight. Last season's meetings were closely fought affairs, and with wet and windy weather forecast for tonight Wigan are begging to be backed with the start. Huddersfield v Bradford Huddersfield have made a great start to the Superleague, and you can only beat what is put in front of you, but to be fair neither Castleford nor Widnes are in the same class as Bradford. Costin is still out for Huddersfield (although that made no difference a fortnight ago). Bradford have their own injuries problems with no less than 5 first team regulars missing. But Robbie Paul returns tonight after being out with his arm. This will prove a massive boost for Bradford. The weather should be set fair for Sunday, so grab the -14 before it all goes!!! Hopefully will have a bit more info later when a few more books put their totals up for tonight's game, although the under 44.5 on betfair (at around 4/5) looks a shade on the high side.

Guest peter orchard

Re: Superleague Round 3 I don't remember when Wigan were last a double figure underdog. and Bet365 has 5.0 for the straight win. Course, I'm no longer a cough and a spit from the rugby league corridor and I might be missing something crucial here but to see Leeds choke against Wigan wouldn't surprise me at all. (Have to add that the books seem to have an uncanny knack of getting these handicaps correct.) Agree with you, 2damnhype, Bradford will play well at the McAlpine but I'm not sure how good Huddersfield really are? However, that ground was perfectly built to play rugby on and Bradford will thrive. St Helens look set fair to beat a 24 point handicap against a Widnes side who look likely to struggle this season. I've seen lots of average sides get a real mauling on that ground, chiefly Halifax! :( And Hull KR I fancy to overcome the 20 points against a sad Sheffield Eagles side. :p

Re: Superleague Round 3

but to see Leeds choke against Wigan wouldn't surprise me at all
Inclined to agree with Peter.... Luke Robinson and Kevin Brown should start for Wigan also Chris Melling, who scored 10 kicks from 10 last week against that French outfit..... Although Leeds have dropped Mark Calderwood and Barrie McDermott both players that IMO are overrated.... Still looking forward to the match.... Probably go for Saints and Hull in a double....

Re: Superleague Round 3 Challenge cup...next week...Whithaven at home to Warrington......Paul Cullen ex Whitehaven coach visits next week (live on BBC)......Hate Whithaven but will put serious money on them if the handicap is 14+ ( at least )Whithaven are a really good Div1 side and will have a lot to prove against there former coach...This could be a big gamble for me if the handicap is large enough:cheers .....