Master Minded ruled out of Tingle Creek

MASTER MINDED will not run in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown in 12 days' time after Paul Nicholls revealed on Monday night he is not happy with the dual Champion Chase winner, who is set to have a bone scan on Thursday to try to shed light on why he is hanging badly right-handed. Nicholls said: "Clifford [baker] cantered Master Minded on Saturday morning and he reported he wasn't happy with him. "He was changing his legs at the top of the gallop and hanging desperately right-handed, just like he did when running at Cheltenham the other day. It was a similar story when Georgie [browne] cantered him this morning. "I discussed it with our vet, Buffy [shirley-Beavan], and we decided the best course of action is to send him to Newmarket on Thursday, where he'll have a bone scan. If that reveals anything, we can then take the appropriate action. "If nothing shows up, I'll just have to build him up again quietly and hope things come right for Cheltenham in March. "Whatever the outcome of the scan, I will run out of time to have him ready for the Tingle Creek on Saturday week and our main aim will be to get him right again for the Champion Chase. "It may be he will end up having just the one run beforehand, in the Game Spirit at Newbury." The brilliant two-miler, who is general 7-4 favourite for the Champion Chase, had puzzled Nicholls when "hanging like a gate" before finishing third to Well Chief in the Connaught Chase at Cheltenham nine days ago.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.