WBX Hurdling Triple Crown - what are the fair odds?

wayniac

Hi all, I am thinking of having a punt on this market but am a little confused by the odds on offer. The sponsors currently have it at $14 "yes" / $1.07 "no", however the market has traded as high as $30! Does anyone have an idea as to what the fair price should be? :unsure My feeling is that anything up to $17.00 is a good lay - I think punters are banking too heavily on either of the fancies winning the first leg (Solwhit or Binocular). If there's a minor upset, $14.00 is horrible odds, especially considering many of the other runners won't even enter (or won't be suited) to the subsequent two legs. For anyone too lazy to Google, here's the Wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_of_Hurdling FWIW, I have backed Sublimity @ just under $10.00 for small steaks :tongue2 and laid Binocular at just over $2.00 (which is now bad value - sigh).

Re: WBX Hurdling Triple Crown - what are the fair odds? There is no right price for it or clear definition of value. However, I think with Binocular and Solwhit likely to line up then anything above 12 is probably value. If one of these win then they go to Kempton if they dont then they wont run there. The 2nd leg shouldnt be that strong with the Bula not that long before and only Starluck to come from England. So you are betting the 2nd and 3rd legs to be won. Injury and freak result are the only things which stop you being able to lay this about in evens in the race market for thexmas hurdle. [url=http://www.wbxtriplecrown.com]

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.