PokerTableRatings

GaF

Re: PokerTableRatings This site also sells hand histories. I've never bought hand histories before, but must confess I am tempted - at least I was till I saw the price!! 5,000,000 hands over the last 9 days or so (on Pokerstars at 10c/25c with 3-6 players) costs $113.75. Putting aside the morality of it for a moment (it's disallowed by Pokerstars, however they have said on 2plus2 that they dont monitor PTR and will take no action against players who use it - and it seems widely used there - either you use it or you are disadvantaged against those who are left to do so by Pokerstars!) - whats to stop a group of players clubbing together and buying the hands and sharing them? Get 23 players to club in and its $5 a piece. Get 114 players together and its $1 each etc... For $5 I think I'd pay it every 10 days for a full database. At $113.75 - no chance!

Re: PokerTableRatings The FullTilt regs have known about this since the day it came out (cant' remember whether that was earlier this year or late last year cus of all the breaks i've had though :lol) because one of the trackers used to post the monthly stats up in the regs thread (before he got banned by FTP :lol). Now the site has changed beyond all recognition and is meant to be fairly accurate these days. The site is generally not mentioned openly by people because the assumption is the fish will get scared away as they don't want their losses there for the whole world to see. Now though the sites work with PTR to let them track the hands so it's here for good. I personally use it every day usually to check on random regs who i've played in the past or play now to see if they're as good as it seems some days. Just last week i looked in my DB of players and saw some guys that i thought were really good a few months ago or last year and assumed they would be big winners so looked them up on PTR yet 9/10 of them are breakeven or losing players which was an eye-opener and made me feel very content with 1.5ptBB over 325k hands. As for the other stats on the site like the Grader, i wouldn't take too much notice of them.

Re: PokerTableRatings God I'm good:dude PTR POKER REPORT CARD PREPARED FOR: glceud This report card is based on 2 hands tracked at $0.5/$1 NL HOLD'EM (6 max) on Full Tilt Poker by PokerTableRatings.com SUBJECT GRADE PRE-FLOP TIGHTNESS: You are 100% tighter than optimal. Loosen up a lot! rc_f.pngPRE-FLOP AGGRESSION: You are 100% less aggressive than optimal. Be a lot more aggressive! rc_f.pngFLOP AGGRESSION: You are 100% less aggressive than optimal. Be a lot more aggressive! rc_f.pngTURN AGGRESSION: You are 100% less aggressive than optimal. Be a lot more aggressive! rc_f.pngRIVER AGGRESSION: You are 100% less aggressive than optimal. Be a lot more aggressive! rc_f.pngSHOWDOWN FREQUENCY: You showdown 100% less often than optimal. Do you ever showdown? rc_f.pngRAKEBACK EARNINGS: You would have earned $12.92 if you had PokerTableRatings.com Rakeback! $12.92 OVERALL GRADE: rc_f.png Take it they dont do G's

Re: PokerTableRatings

The site is generally not mentioned openly by people because the assumption is the fish will get scared away as they don't want their losses there for the whole world to see.
I'm all for keeping the fish ignorant, however not at the expense of PLrs! Not sure its that "hush hush" though - if you search for it on 2plus2 it's mentioned in dozens of threads - one thread on PL isnt going to make any difference ;)
Now though the sites work with PTR to let them track the hands so it's here for good.
From what I can work out. It's banned by Pokerstars, but unenforced if players use it. Stars are trying to find ways of stopping it at source. Its banned by FullTilt and they will warn then ban players who use it. Not sure I can find any evidence that the sites have accepted it and are supporting it :unsure
As for the other stats on the site like the Grader' date=' i wouldn't take too much notice of them.[/quote'] Dont like what you see then? :moon :moon :moon :moon :tongue2 (

Yep it's mentioned every 5secs on 2p2 but proper fish don't read 2p2, or probably here for that matter so i'll let you off ;) I know back in it was first growing FTP started to warn people for looking at it when playing (although only about 2 cases of this actually happening and probably for mentioning PTR in chat) Then as the site started to grow really big and the tracking of high stakes action grew and grew on 2p2 people who work with/on PTR have mentioned in some of the highstakes threads in NVG that they've recieved info from FTP on how to track observed hands (because FTP blocked this in a recent update). Add to this the fact that anyone and everyone uses PTR now means the banning of players because they're on the site is impractical to say the least. Don't say that! I have a terrible ill-disciplined spew-monkey image to preserve on here ;) :ok

• 2 weeks later...

This site also sells hand histories. I've never bought hand histories before, but must confess I am tempted - at least I was till I saw the price!! 5,000,000 hands over the last 9 days or so (on Pokerstars at 10c/25c with 3-6 players) costs $113.75. Putting aside the morality of it for a moment (it's disallowed by Pokerstars, however they have said on 2plus2 that they dont monitor PTR and will take no action against players who use it - and it seems widely used there - either you use it or you are disadvantaged against those who are left to do so by Pokerstars!) - whats to stop a group of players clubbing together and buying the hands and sharing them? Get 23 players to club in and its $5 a piece. Get 114 players together and its $1 each etc... For $5 I think I'd pay it every 10 days for a full database. At $113.75 - no chance!
Good idea, but it'd depend on getting enough people playing the same stakes on the same sites. Dunno if there's any form of protection to stop people sharing them either. Doubt it but be nice to know.

There isn't a Brag, Beat and Variance thread on here is there? ;)

This report card is based on 3,339 hands tracked at $0.1/$0.25 NL Hold'em (6 max) on PokerStars by PokerTableRatings.com SUBJECT GRADE PRE-FLOP TIGHTNESS: You are 11% looser than optimal. Tighten up a little. rc_bp.png PRE-FLOP AGGRESSION: You are 5% more aggressive than optimal. Good Work! rc_ap.png FLOP AGGRESSION: You are 3% less aggressive than optimal. Good Work! rc_ap.png TURN AGGRESSION: You are 3% less aggressive than optimal. Good Work! rc_ap.png RIVER AGGRESSION: You are 1% more aggressive than optimal. Good Work! rc_ap.png SHOWDOWN FREQUENCY: You showdown 1% less often than optimal. Good Work! rc_ap.png RAKEBACK EARNINGS: You would have earned $73.50 if you had PokerTableRatings.com Rakeback! $73.50 OVERALL GRADE: rc_ap.png The B+ was an A yesterday too (even though I haven't played 6max since) :unsure