** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NHL 7/4 Playoffs Day 1

After finishing the regular season on a low note, there are still some profits left, FYI, the regulation stats read 134-160-26, +14.13, +4.03 per cent yield These figures are worse than in season before, but given the fact some typical money-making situations just didn't work, I have to be satisfied even with that little profit I've made. Now, the playoffs are something like a completely new season - stats go out of the window (most of them) and there are also teams performing well mainly in the playoffs after an avarage season. Many strong regulation teams may also see an early exit which has happened before and will defo happen in the future. As I back dogs 99 per cent of the time, my success largely depends on the dogs' strike rate. Simple as that. Once the dogs fail to perform, the strike rate and profits decrease. ON the other hand, there is not even a slightest thought to back the likes of Detroit @ 1.12 to progress to the second round - madness these odds (and the Wings were eliminated in the first round last year - in just four games, although I think they learnt their lesson then, I can see no value in the odds and wouldn't put anyone off Nashville, even though I don't think they can outplay the Wings). Now, the picks CALGARY to win Stanley Cup @ 42.84 *Pinn* 0.5 PT A dog, sure. And I also hope they are not going to start Turek between the pipes as he just can't perform under pressure. Anyway, their No. 1 goalie is Kiprusoff, they are near the top in one-goal wins and top (with Boston) in 5-5 situations, which is the key to success. SERIES WINS DALLAS @ 2.21 *Pinn* 1 PT Upper hand over Kariya-less Avs. CALGARY @ 2.50 *Betinternet* 2 PTS Vancouver a little better of late but still a hade of themselves since the Bertuzzi incident. Clg - see above and finished the season strongly. 1st Round games: Nasville to bt DETROIT @ 3.60 *B365* 1 PT This kind of price is long gone everywhere else and also see above, there is no such a dog among the playoff teams. And - the Wings have CuJO as No. 1 - he's the one behind their last year's early exit. Dallas @ COL @ 2.40 *B365* 1 PT The price also long gone elsewhere. See above for explanation. Calgary @ VAN @ 2.45 *Betinternet* 2 PTS See above. AN IMPORTANT NOTE - THE GAMES CAN'T BE TIED (DRAWN) so don't buy +1/2 puck if a shrewd book offers anything like that. It would qualify as daylight robbery. More to follow tomorrow - series fancies and 1st game fancies. Good luck. T

NHL 7/4 Playoffs Day 1 F**king long, a couple of months, last possible game of Stanley Cup finals will/may take place on June (really, not joking) 7th. Which makes it a little bit difficult for those not really keen on ice hockey to follow. April 24 - MAy 9 are dates of IIHF World Champs in Prague and Ostrava, btw (quite a few NHL players in each and every team - those from teams eliminated from Stanley Cup - for instance Jagr in the Czech team is a big and probable one). I'll do my best to keep you updated as ever.;)

NHL 7/4 Playoffs Day 1 Just my experience from a while ago (some months) as I've never bothered to check since - in fact, you got an idiot putting up 1.01 at the beginning of the game - BEWARE, the market is not suspended after a goal is scored - and some nuts willing to back a winning team @ 4/1, 40/1 etc (they may be called a two-pound army, a label I overheard at another forum some years ago), nobody actually willing to trade. Which points you to the worst thing of all - you can't trade out of deep s**t if you're backing a big dog and they are leading etc.

NHL 7/4 Playoffs Day 1 Doesn't look too bad, nightmare, will give it a thought or two tomorrow. What I don't like about the 4.5 goals line is books are actually luring punters to back the over for some reason. That said, you can perfectly discount the last game (6-0) which was just a joke before the end of regular season. The last but one finished 2-2 and the derby and playoff atmosphere makes the under not out of question. Good luck.;)