Best bet of the day 11th Nov

chris34

9.20 Kempton Yanza is much improved for the fitting of blinkers recently and front running tactics has the perfect draw to do that again today and runs off same mark again today and is 1 from 1 round here and could go better for a change of scenery. The name is frank has been going well on turf recently and has a useful 5lb claimer on his back and if taking to his first try on aw could go well from a decent enough draw. 1pt win yanza

Re: Best bet of the day 11th Nov Just Smudge - 2.10 Bangor Venetia Williams has had a slow start to the season and when Green Belt Flyer won at Chepstow last week it was the first time for more than 3 months she had been in the winners enclosure. With the ground now softening I expect her yard to start moving swiftly into top gear now. A previous maiden hurdler who had suffered with tendon problems, Just Smudge demonstrated the positive effect a change of stable can have on a horse at the start of the year when joining Venetia Williams and winning twice over fences at Doncaster and Ludlow in 8 days off marks of 98 and 105. Following these comfortable victories, Just Smudge performed disappointingly in his 3 subsequent races. I put his next 2 sub-standard displays down to him losing his confidence. Turned out in a decent contest at Haydock, Just Smudge landed awkwardly at the first fence and jumped the remainder slowly, making no real impression. Haydock’s fences are notoriously stiff and the after-effects of this unpleasant experience were evident with another poor round of jumping on his next outing at Uttoxeter. Just Smudge was last seen at the course he races at tomorrow - Bangor. He put in an improved display of jumping that day until fading under pressure. I think that the drop in trip on better ground counted against him on this occasion. Just Smudge has also had a wind operation since last season and work will undoubtedly have been put in to improving his jumping in readiness for this return. It is also worth noting that Venetia Williams has a decent record with chasers here (33% strike rate) and Bangor's turning track is sure to suit his prominent style of racing. Most importantly, Just Smudge is a horse that runs well fresh. He resumes tomorrow off 117. With further progress likely, ground conditions ideal and back at what I feel is his ideal trip of 3 miles, he may well prove to be the best handicapped horse in this race. Early evening offers of 11-2 and 6-1 from Bet365 and Paddy Power respectively are more or less in line with my prices as I have him marked up as worth chancing at 6-1 or better.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.