** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

My Greyhound thread

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Trap 4 DROOPYS CADEL (9.41 Hove); SP; 2pt win bet A blink and you miss it 285m race and Trap 4 looks to be the dog to have on our side. He has mixed these D1 grade races with Open Races in recent weeks and performed with credit throughout; recent D1 record reads 112 and recent OR record reads 233. He hasn't ran slower than 16.54 on his last 7 appearances and only the striped jacket will be able to get close on recent performances.

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Back after a long weekend away trying to impress a lady :lol Trap 1 PIPS MOLL (10.00 Kinsley); SP; 1pt win bet Returned from a layoff with a couple of good trial runs. Was two classes higher than this A7 grade less than 4 months ago and has the times to account for these. All except the stripes can post quick sectional times but 1 has the edge on 2 from the railers; and 3, 4 and 5 could well come together in the middle of the track. Worth an investment as has the class to win

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Trap 6 BLACK KITE (2.47 Hove); SP; 1pt win bet The striped jacket has an outstanding record of performance in this A6 grade since returning from season in the summer. 3311211, that's 4 wins in the last 5 appearances in A6, and hasn't been out of the first 3. Those wins have come at odds of 6/1, 9/2, 9/4 and 6/1 so quite a moneyspinner. Trap 6 ZAMBIA (3.48 Hove); SP; 1pt win bet A quick enough starter, which this dog mixes with the stamina to see out the full 515m trip. Perfect draw as the only wide seed in the line up. Has a 611 record in this A9 grade, having won his last two when at this level. The blue jacket in 2 looks a danger but has only won in A10 which gives the stripes the nod for me. Trap 4 ROUGH PICKINS (2:57 Belle Vue); SP; 2pt win bet Looks good to me this black jacket. Has been running with credit in a grade higher lately despite suffering crowding each time. On the outside of a trio of slow starters it is unlikely she will suffer that fate today, early on anyway. Trap 6 looks a danger but this is just her second run back from a near-month break, and will likely still be a fraction short of very top fitness.

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Hi Tull; general pointers I look for are to look for dogs who have slower trappers around them. The selection doesnt necessarily need to be the fastest starter but it does need to have slower starters either side for me to go for it. Check recent race comments; could have had a couple of rough races due to being next to similar speed trappers; dropped a grade after a couple of 4ths for instance but now in a race against worse dogs and unlikely to meet bother - that adds up to a bet for me. As for any particular fancies - not yet not for Friday; it will be Thursday night or Friday morning before I get a look. Good luck :cheers

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread

Trap 6 BLACK KITE (2.47 Hove); SP; 1pt win bet Trap 6 ZAMBIA (3.48 Hove); SP; 1pt win bet Trap 4 ROUGH PICKINS (2:57 Belle Vue); SP; 2pt win bet
Just the one winner, but it was the biggest bet, Rough Pickins in the 2:57 at Belle Vue. An SP of 5/2 means a 3pt profit for the day :cheers

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Trap 5 MAZE (11:28 Sheffield); SP; 1pt win bet Has yet to refind her top form since a month off in late summer. Her form before the break is more than good enough to take this race. The orange jacket can track her neighbour in trap 4 into the race before gaining the upper hand down the stretch. Trap 5 BUA VERA (12:04 Sunderland); SP; 1pt win bet Hoping this orange runner is a decent price as he is left out of the first three by the racing post. I think this bitch has a great chance of success in this lineup. She's a fast starter and although 6 has early pace the stripes is slow initially out the traps and could find her racing line already taken by the selection. Bua Vera ran up a smart 4-timer in A8 A7 A6 A5 a couple of months ago, and back in A6 today can gain another win. Trap 3 BIT VIEW LEROY (2:18 Crayford); SP; 1pt win bet Looks guaranteed to lead this field at the first turn and that could be the clincher for the race. Posted a decent time in his last race, and has no early pace to worry about on his inside so looks assured of a good early posi. The 1 and 2 inside of him are both finishers and will hopefully get in each other's way at the prizemoney end of things.

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread 1 winner from 3 again but 4/1 sp means 2pts profit. And that covers the final selection of the day this evening at Sittingbourne. Trap 3 KARENS GIRL (7:52 Sittingbourne); SP; 2pt win bet This bitch has won four out of her last seven races in A8 grade and earns a much deserved step up to A7 tonight. She is fast away when the lids go up something that cant be said of the rest of tonights line up. She should have a clear run and if good enough should win; on last time out timings she has about 8 lengths in hand of the next quickest

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Disappointing 3rd. Trap four found some starting speed and hindered the selection, Had a look at Sheffield BAGS card for the evening and thoughts at first glance are below; 6:38; Trap 6 STEPASIDE GLENIS; only wide seed and has 3 lid loafers inside. 6:56; Trap 2 COSSACK CRAFTY; drops down a grade, third run back from season. Good enough if fit enough. 7:11; Trap 4 TEDS STYLE; only third run at Sheffield. winner in this grade last time. 7:26; Trap 4 MAGNA BAILEY; won 8 of his 32 runs in this grade. on balance looks most likely winner 7:42; Trap 4 MAGNA TIMES; capable of times better than this grade as showed 3 runs ago. If he beats trap3 to the first bend he should pick up trap6 before the line 7:58; Trap 6 SHEFFIELD EAGLES; dream draw as only wide. looks set for big race. left out of racing post 123 so hopefully decent price[ 8:13; Trap 5 CATSROCK ROONEY; another ignored by racing post. on hat trick after wins in lower A3 grade. win in previous race showed signs of getting back to the A1 winner he was last winter 8:28; Trap 4 FAWN LASS; big chance in this line up. doesnt win if doesnt lead but looks to have the early legs on this lot 8:43; Trap 5 STORMY FRANKIE; loafers on each side, can grab ideal racing posi and show these the way home 8:58; Trap 2 GRAIGUES FLASH; last out first home is how I see this blue jacket tonight. I dont back dogs that win that way but Mr Consistent here can snare 4th win that way in last 8 races in this grade 9:14; Trap 5 FRIENDLY POWER; racing post nap is in trap 3 but I just see a little bit of trouble for that one; likely turn right out of traps and see trap 4 in the way. If the orange can repeat last race sectional then goes a long way to winning this awfully hard last. Would never think of going through the card like this but thought would have an opinion on each race as Tully asked. Havent decided if I will back any from this lot yet but theres only two I might; Catsrock Rooney in 8:13 and Stormy Frankie at 8:43. Good luck whatever you go with Tully :cheers

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Trap 5 CORRIN BLONDIE (2:08 Swindon); SP; 2pt win bet Every chance of leading against these kippers; hard to keep out of the frame at the line if doing so; Trap 3 looks a danger but is nap'd by the racing post so bound to be short enough price; should also mean the orange is a value price Trap 1 JENSON SCHILLING (2:18 Monmore); SP; 1pt win bet Won't get a better opportunity to get firs Monmore win; slipped from A7 to A10 in little over 2 months and needs to make it count today

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Consistency? :)

6:38; Trap 6 STEPASIDE GLENIS; 3rd 2/1f 6:56; Trap 2 COSSACK CRAFTY; 1st 2/1f 7:11; Trap 4 TEDS STYLE; 4th 5/2jf 7:26; Trap 4 MAGNA BAILEY; 2nd 3/1 7:42; Trap 4 MAGNA TIMES; 3rd 5/2f 7:58; Trap 6 SHEFFIELD EAGLES; 2nd 5/1 8:13; Trap 5 CATSROCK ROONEY; 2nd 6/1 8:28; Trap 4 FAWN LASS; 2nd 6/4f 8:43; Trap 5 STORMY FRANKIE; 3rd 11/2 8:58; Trap 2 GRAIGUES FLASH; 1st 7/2 9:14; Trap 5 FRIENDLY POWER; 3rd 6/1
But 2 x 1st; 4 x 2nd; 4 x 3rd; 1 x 4th wouldn't have equalled a profit :(

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Shell At Sea was quickest away, but not by enough and was badly hampered by the 3 at the first bend and never recovered. Trap 6 RICH AND RARE; 1:12 Sheffield; SP; 1pt win bet A regular winner in this A3 grade and ignored by the racing post which hopefully means a good value price; not the fastest away but does finish well given a clean race; the best dog I think but just a minimum bet given the requirements for him to show it

Re: My Horse/Greyhound thread Rich and Rare came 3rd. I have a couple I have my eye on for tonight's Nottingham races; Trap 6 Daisyfield Soots; 8:52 Nottingham; SP; 2pt win An open race but all bar the red have raced over this distance at Nottingham before; The striped jacket has done so twice and has the two fastest times over the cd of the five who have raced it Trap 6 Zack Zolton; 9:22 Nottingham; SP; 1pt win The blue jacketed two dog has a huge chance but went off 4/6 last time and won easily; so I think it will be a similar price tonight; which means a decent price should be available for the striped jacket; the selection ran on the same night and scorched round in 30.41s; needs to prove that wasnt a fluke but should be a good enough price to risk a bet Trap 1 ZIGZAG ZODIAC; 9:40 Nottingham; SP; 2pt win Speedy pup who is obviously highly thought of to making his race debut in an Open race; good enough to take this if going by trial times; hope he transfers that pace to this race

Re: My Greyhound thread Appalling last night from my selections; I try not to pick favourites where possible, but all of last night's went of short prices and none done better than fourth I understand I am to keep a record of profit and loss and stuff; I have changed the thread title to just Greyhounds; and will track my record from my recent greyhounds stuff; not from last year. Bets 18; Winners 6; Staked 28; Won 27.65; Loss of 0.35

Re: My Greyhound thread Trap 5 TARGET LILY; 9:45 Pelaw Grange; SP; 2pt win bet Well established as a grade A4 bitch prior to her season in spring; has been slow work getting back to her best since reappearing in August; last two runs have been more like it and she can take this A5 on her way back up to A4 graded racing

Re: My Greyhound thread Been waiting for the opening show for this one; wasn't sure whether to play or not Trap 5 YOU CAN DO MAGIC; 9:02 Sheffield; 4/1bog; 1pt win bet Although can be a tardy starter this bitch should avoid any first bend bother with fast starters in four and six; has the times on the board to go close in this and I rate her as good a chance as the second favourite in Trap 2; not assured of winning but value at 4/1 in my opinion

Re: My Greyhound thread Trap 3 RAINMAN REG; 9:45 Nottingham; 6/1bog [Paddy Power]; 1pt win Has finished behind the odds-on favourite in the red jacket twice recently; but registered a 12/1 shocker win in the semi final of this Produce Stakes competition; Today's trap five went off 11/10f there but was beaten fair and square; the selection posted a time just under two lengths quicker than Micky Robbie the favourite tonight; at 6/1 available looks to be decent value to prove that was no fluke Trap 1 BONVILLE QUEEN; 9:41 Romford; SP; 1pt win five time open race winner round this course and distance; this bitch is comfortably better than this A2 grade tonight; her style of running does require an element of fortune when hitting the first bend; if she negotiates that alright then she will be the one to beat

Re: My Greyhound thread Neither won; Bets 22; Winners 7; Staked 33; Won 31.15; Loss of 1.85 Trap 1 ELWICK DROOPY; 12:47 Sunderland; SP; 1pt win Not the quickest away but should get the racing room needed for a clear run round; Trap 2 will leave enough space running mid-rls; the selection is a A3-A4 runner on form and can take this A5 race Trap 6 SWIFT KILDARE; 1:44 Sheffield; SP; 1pt win Hampered by trouble in running lately; shouldn't be the case today though as inside runners are all slower away than the stripes; trap 1 is a danger but the selection is ignored by the racing post so should be a decent price

• 2 weeks later...

Re: My Greyhound thread Back from holiday with a winner i hope. Trap 4 AUTUMN DANCER; 11.28 Perry Barr; 2pt win; SP this bitch's slowest time over the last 5 runs is faster than half of the field's fastest time in that period; Trap 6 has one time that beats her slowest time; the only danger is the class dropping Trap 3; the selection has easily the quickest sectional; while trap 3 will be in roughly similar contention to both inside traps at the first bend; everything looks set for a winning run from the black jacket