Doncaster - Sat 7th Nov

3.15 Doncaster In addition to the Wentworth that precedes it, the November Handicap also looks a really interesting and competitive race. Baila Me heads the market for Godolphin and with Frankie across the pond for the Breeders Cup, Ted Durcan is left in charge on this listed-level winner. She won in fine style at Lingfield when last seen and is open to more improvement, but there isn't much room for manoevre at the price in my opinion and I am passing over. Charm School acts at this track and was well fancied for the Lincoln here at the start of the season. He looked one paced over that mile trip, has come into his own since being stepped up in distance thereafter and looks a strong contender here. Nevertheless, I have a niggly doubt over whether he will get the race run to suit and at the price I am not willing to take a risk, so my bet is Tastahil. Barry Hills has enjoyed a wonderful season and it would be really fitting it he could cap it off with a high profile winner on the last day of the season. His gelding ran in this race last year when finishing third (but hampered). However, he gained compensation when winning over course and distance on his reappearance and he has held his form well since, twice placing in group company and landing a listed race at Newbury. Proven on soft ground he carries top-weight tomorrow, but there is no doubt he has improved since his last run in handicap company twelve months ago and I will take him each-way. 12/1 Paddypower, 0.5 pt EW (4 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Doncaster - Sat 7th Nov 3.45 Doncaster So the flat season officially comes to an end and has come full circle in terms of my racecourse visits. It started with a trip to Town Moor back in March for the Lincoln and if all goes to plan it will end in the owners enclosure there tomorrow where I will be cheering on Dhaular Dhar for the Punters Lounge (Middleham) syndicate. I think we are due a big run as the horse has often flattered to deceive but a 3 lb drop in the weights after his York fourth puts him only 2 lb higher than his last win. He is a course and distance winner and is proven to handle soft conditions. I also like the look of Mia's Boy, who doesn't know how to run a bad race. he too is a course and distance winner, proven to act with cut in the ground, and with Barry McHugh taking off 5 lbs I think he can run a solid race. I give chances to both Cobo Bay and Dixey and want both onside as savers. I think Cobo Bay ideally wants further, but he handles cut and is back down to a winning mark. Dixey ran well in headgear last time out and is another well drawn. Dhaular Dhar 16/1 Bet 365, 0.35 pt win/0.25 pt place (4 places, 1/4 odds). Mia's Boy 8/1 Ladbrokes, 0.5 pt Cobo Bay 25/1 VC Bet, 0.05 pt win (saver) Dixey 14/1 VC Bet, 0.1 pt win (saver)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.