Wolverhampton 30th Oct (AW) (eve)

6.20 Wolverhampton A piss poor class 7 event with many of these still maidens and showing little break the duck but mighty mover has retain a little promise finishing 3rd on latest 2 starts and is now 1lb lower than last CD win and also well drawn. 0.5pt win mighty mover 6.50 Wolverhampton Red Suede Shoes ran a personal best in 2nd behind the extremely useful sham sheer last time out and is now 3lb lower in the handicap as is now not running with penalty for a recent win at kempton. Alqaahir is another that ran a personal best last time out at first try at this trip and looks well treated under a 5lb rise and another good draw in stall 3. 0.5pt win alqaahir 0.25pt win red suede shoes 7.20 Wolverhampton Annie go could be dangerous if finding her best form again as she won her only start on the all weather surface at dundalk in a NHF race and comes over from Ireland for some reason! Bute street looks as though the penny has finally dropped last 2 times after finishing 3rd and then getting in front last time over CD only a 3lb rise looks light on a much improved effort and is clearly going the right way. 0.1pt e/w annie go 0.25pt e/w bute street 7.50 Wolverhampton Lochan mor has been running consistently well recently and with Hayley on board is sure to go well again tonight after a good 2nd here last time and then another good 2nd in a competitive event at brighton. Bahamian lad won well to land the spoils last time out and gets on well round here at wolverhampton and has won off same mark as todays in the past 0.5pt win lochan mor 0.25pt e/w Bahamian lad 9.20 Wolverhampton Weet a surprise is always dangerous around here and one to watch on his first try at 7f not sure its what he wants though so watching brief on him. La gifted got back to winning ways again today and gets into this contest without a penalty and if turned out quickly and running anything she did today should be right in the thick of it again. Beautifal filly won well over CD in a much better race than this under the useful martin lane who is back on board again and is now up just 3lb for that effort and sure to have another chance in this exposed field. 0.5pt win beautiful filly 0.5pt win la gifted

Re: Wolverhampton 30th Oct (AW) (eve) Hey, I would be the first to admit that I don't know horse racing through and through! I will try and explain my selections with reasoning, but in most parts, it will simply expand on my rating, so if something is amiss, please let me know. 6:20 AL RAYANAH 0.5 pts e/w By no means the best horse coming into this race (Might Mover/Kirstys Lad are other options), but I believe its past performance suffices an ew bet on this. Keep an eye on Kirstys Lad, esp since it backed out of a race today! 6:50 ALQAAHIR 0.5 pts e/w 6:50 MAGROOM 0.5 pts e/w 1) Alqaahir has top performance for this course and class (not in combination) over the past 3 years, and will definitely be in running come to end of the race. 2) Magroom excells overall and in distance points, as though no completely proven contender over this distance, will come in handy. Consider laying Great Bounder, but I think odds will be far too big! 7:20 SQUIRTLE 0.5 pts e/w 7:20 SIR SANDICLIFF 0.5 pts e/w 7:20 PARK'S PRODIGY 1 pt win 1) Squirtle excels on thos course and on Good going (in comparison to other horses) 2) Sir Sandcliffe is an outsider, and a decent ew shout considering good performance in numerous races at this level. 3) Park's Prodigy will probably go in as favourite, and admittedly so! Probably best out of the horses in this race, but it should be a close one! 7:50 THE TATLING 0.5 pts e/w 7:50 ORPENINDEED 0.5 pts e/w 7:50 BAHAMIAN LAD 0.5 pts e/w All ew shouts, again, best of a good bunch. Methaaly could be an outside threat as its experience over the course and distance could count for something. 8:20 NIGHT TRADE 0.5 pts e/w 8:20 I'MALWAYSRIGHT 0.5 pts e/w 8:20 LIVING IT LARGE 0.5 pts e/w 1) Across the board, Night Trade would be a stable bet, with a decent chance at place. 2) Comparitively better than others on the course, coming in with a decent form, with a win LTO. 3) The best runner of the lots based on Going and Distance. Definitely worth a punt, although weight might hold it back! Lay Rightcar if odds permit. Definitely lay Rightcar. 9:20 WEET A SURPRISE 0.5 pts e/w I am surprised at the predicted odds of 12, I think this horse deserves more credit, but then maybe I am concentrating on its experience. Labisa would be an ideal threat. I think La Gifted's impact will be reduced since it won today, but then that could just be plain theory! So that is 13 points in total! Good luck everyone!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.