Newmarket 30th Oct

2.25 Newmarket Tough handicap to pull much out of but Dolly Penrose is now running on her last winning mark and ran a better race last time out. Finney hill has been running ok in handicaps and won a maiden last tiem out but a 6lb penalty looks tough. On that qelaan is my last shortlist horse after finishing runner up last time out behind rosika who today went on to boost that form with a second just finding a well backed fav too much. Does have to run off a 2lb higher mark but Hills back on board who rode him 2 both his cosy wins this season. 0.5pt win qelaan 3.00 Newmarket A few front runners but would like to see flapper take the front having won on july course making all and other win came from making all has been held up since and never a factor would like to see them make use of her stamina. 0.25pt e/w flapper

Re: Newmarket 30th Oct 4.05 Newmarket This looks a really interesting staying handicap, with several beaten Cesarewitch runners looking to gain some compensation. A field of 16 are currently set to go to post and it looks as though pace should not be an issue. My Mate Max, given a masterful ride from Tom Queally to score last time out, resumes service with his excellent jockey and he is just one runner that will ensure they don't hang about here. Essej, stepped up in trip having won over one and a half miles at Southwell last time out and Alnwick are other pace possibles, so all in all I think this is a case of working out who is the best horse in the race rather than trying to second guess tactics. What caught my eye in the race conditions was that three year olds get a whopping weight for age allowance, and that could prove important over a trip such as this. The likes of Judgethemoment and Bulwark, the experienced handicappers in the field, look well exposed, and it could pay to side with a bright young upstart that will benefit from that huge weight allowance. Lethal Gaze has won a couple of handicaps this season but recent efforts temper enthusiasm about the gelding and he is eased down the weights too which is always a worry for a three year old that ideally should be progressing. Perfect Shot is proven to get this trip and won over the July course here earlier in the season, with Dulcie behind, however, he is another that has gone off the boil too and is sliding down the handicap. The last named looks a more obvious contender and carries a feather weight around the course tomorrow. Local handler Mark Tompkins has been in good form of late so his Hernando filly warrants instant respect. Having made only seven career starts she is relatively unexposed and she has made the frame on all three tries at this trip, winning last time out at York under this jockey, Ashley Morgan. A 5 lb rise may not be enough to half further improvement and she makes my final shortlist, but her stablemate Daziniski looks to hold even stronger claims in my opinion and gives his trainer a really strong hand. He is one of the highest rated horses in the field and has really relished the step up to this trip, winning 2-3, and not getting the race run to suit when third of four at Yarmouth. he was a credible third on the July course here earlier in the season, when perhaps finding the trip a little too sharp, but now stepped up to a trip over which he is proven and with Richard Hills booked, I think he too can also go very close. If the prices stay as they are at present I plan to go 3/1 the pair in the morning.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.