Eurovision Song Contest 2004

Guest Irish TW

Eurovision Song Contest 2004 ÃŒreland only 11/2 with PP, but up to 18/1 on betfair. Dont be fooled by PP's price, I suppose they just have to guard themselves against the patriotic punters in the very unlikely event of an Irish victory!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finland? They're the huge 1/4 favourites with Coral Eurobet to qualify from the 22 countries in the semi-final. However, they're 8/11 NOT to qualify and 'evens' TO qualify with Ladbrokes. ....listening to the live version through a link on this thread, it's garbage. One webpoll suggests it'll just about scrape through in ninth from ten to qualify. How bad are some of these entries?! That 8/11 looks good but not banker material to take on.

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Finland? It will qualify stereoman. 10 out of 22 qualify and only 6 are decent enough to do that. Must say its a very poor year this year. The Greece song is a grower, has been the subject of a gamble at Hills ( 16s to 9/2 acc to Oddschecker) and will definately get the gay vote. :lol As thats what Eurovision is all about, could go all the way and you can still get 10/1 :ok Still happy with the German warbler though so far. Some of the countries listed have not posted their tracks online so there could be some value out there yet :D

Eurovision Song Contest 2004 Ive been listening in on these tunes Pomp and have gave up on my Austrian entry as it is worse than some of the crap that could win. then i thought maybe Spain will get the sympathy vote due to the bombing but after listening to it no the bombings were bad but they aint gonna change anyone's mind into voting for their latino charged number. I'm purely concentrating on the Semis forst then the grand final and will have my third listen to all the tunes tomorrow and give my views. Looking forward to it all now:)

Eurovision Song Contest 2004 well 2 plus hours of my life that i'll never get back , I've still a few to listen to but I think I've found the winner! Austria- terrible , no chance at all discard and forget Belgium - ditto , they just dont want to win France - Catchy , very euroesque , i wouldnt be suprised to see it victorius. Germany- very uneuro like , i see what you mean about that high note PB , well at leats its at the end of the song not a bad voice but will the Scando soft rockers go for it? Norway- hated it , repetative as said before , it has an outside chance as the singer isnt as repulsive to the eye as some entries Poland- You'll have this one in your head for a while if your not careful. she/he/it cant sing and its a funny catchy tune. cant see it winning as they could struggle live Spain- fukin rotten , like you'd hear late on in a tapas bar. supposed to be song for europe but this one is strictly for the latinos couldnt wait for it to end , also as PB says it aint in english so no chance Turkey-nice kazbah type opening , pleaseantly unsmoochy , i can hear the ska in there komp "are you in , are you out?". If it was a lads only jury it would win but i'm looking forward to listening to it live. The turkish/ska scene must be wicked. first one i enjoyed that but no chance. UK- Simple standard by the book ballad , steroetypical there or thereabouts entry.dint catch my interest at all , be poor if it wins it but could well do although not a strong enough entry to overcome the hatred of the UK. Romainia- Awful voice but I would! terrible vocals , no chance sweden-not englsh so not much hope i fear which is a pity cos she's a looker. she can carry a tune but why choose this one. it didnt get on my nerves is the best i could say finland-'hallelujah' you'll be sining that line with the band , it takes 2 to tango and 2 is the most points this will get. subliminal references like 'paradise' and 'halleluja' wont help this sack o shyte like some poppy opera song.fukin rancid , what the fuk is it about? distressing when listened to too loud. belarus- my fave so far! not awful catchy chorus. she has a nice country twang with a bit of a morrisette type style. wow , it gets better the more you listen . deffo worth an e/w quid switzerland- 'clap your hands':clap more like give him the finger.trash utter tripe. listened to 1 minute then felt sick angry and horrified. go wawy Latvia- this was a good one cos I could discard it immediately , once i saw the title 'Dziesma par Laimi' i knew it to be a non starter. 1 minute later my suspicions were confirmed. not a hope in hell Isreal - oh FFS. it's in yiddish or summat , that'll endear em! not a hope for this crooner. hang on , no there's english in there but the notes are so high he's gonna struggle me thinks to hit em but we'll see. too bland too many ' i have a dream's' Andorra- not wanting to alienate anyone they decided to sing this in 'catalan'???? whats going on i dont know but a nice effort without having a hope of winning, they'll get votes from spain i suppose Portugal- get the kettle on Malta- A catch tune if dodgy music wise. mario lanza appears in the middle of it with an opera type warble. let down by the meat of the song but nice enough. wont beat belarus thats for damn sure as mustard. Greece- Not good voice and the song was set up for a catchy chorus which dissopointed immensly. very very camp as stated previously but i'm hoping the soft rock loving euros back me up with the belarus winner more to listen to/report on later but i'm takin a break. Belarus is the tip at 16/1 e/w

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 :clap Keema. Good work fella :ok You'll never get that time back, remember that. :lol I thought the Belarus song was ok Keema but I couldn't remember it at the end of my marathon run through. It should qualify though as the quality of the qualifiers is shocking. The Maltese track - I don't know what they were thinking. Ok in the West End, not ok for Eurovision. Its dire :( Bloody thing will no doubt win now :lol If you stick to the English ones, you should be ok and that eliminates a few this year. The Swedish track will be in English on the night, is last in the running order and is a fair song so I'll be having a couple of quid on it. The bass riff is annoying me as its ripped off a track from the 80s that I can't remember what its called :banghead Any ideas?

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 OK, here we go, Qualifiers "Here are the votes of the Fletco jury" Right through you go, same time Saturday chaps 01. Finland Not really sure, probably qualifies 02. Belarus Pop Folky, Alanis Morrisette(ish), starts Ok, gets warbly, should qualify 04. Latvia Starts well, sounds nice, Fits Euro 'bill' 06. Andorra Medium pace, nice, growing on me 09. Monaco Upbeat, ok, it's Monacco, qualifies 10. Greece Catchy Bazooki, Singing poor but Qualifies 16. Slovenia Not doing anyone any harm, Qualifies 18. Croatia Starts well, gets a bit carried away, Qualifies 19. Denmark Up tempo, not too bad, Qualifies 20. Serbia & Montenegro Flutey start, slightly monastic, Good, Qualifier Sorry chaps not quite good enough this time 03. Switzerland World is a beautiful place, very 80's, too corny 05. Israel Thought it was going to be the Osmonds, but no it was Demis Roussos 07. Portugal 1980's a bit dated 08. Malta The woman is OK if abit Sweet, tacky, But the Bloke, no way! 11. Ukraine Dicka dum dum meets Hazel O'Connor 12. Lithuania First 14 seconds promising, Trumpets from Spaghetti Western - Cheesy 13. Albania Starts OK, goes downhill, Not the euro cup of tea 14. Cyprus Very slow balad - should get through 15. F.Y.R. Macedonia Not sure about this one 17. Estonia Screechy, ethnic, a bit too Estonian 21. Bosnia & Herzegovina Starts disco 80's, catchy but a bit dated. Better songs will get through (hopefully), so you can stay in the disco,mate! 22. Netherlands Slow never seems to get going Only problem is if Cypus aren't in the Final who will Greece give top marks to? People at work have been wondering what I've been listening to, I tell some of them, they don't tend to bother me again! The really sad thing is that some of these songs are actually growing on me! I'll post my thoughts on the pre-qualified songs soon, now there's a threat! Regards "El Fletco"

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 :clap Fletco. Don't worry about them growing on you. Its a curse I have lived with for years :lol I'm still singing the Icelandic entry from a few years ago (my finest Eurovision hour - a small firm I know were offering forecast betting, Sweden - Iceland came in ;) ) I had that bloody Swedish song in my head all day yesterday and still can't place that riff. :banghead

Guest pompeybelle

Eurovision Official site now up, with all songs listed under the 'Multimedia Lounge' here, much better quality than the other site www.eurovision.tv/english/index.htm And...and...and.. THE GERMAN CAN HIT THE NOTE :ok :ok Produced by Stefan Raab, who you may remember represented the Germans in gold suits in his wonderful piss take of Eurovision a couple of years back :notworthy Wunderbar :D

Coral's odds 'to qualify', a webpoll and my thoughts Some webpoll but there's tons of the buggers over on this webpage. It is 10 from 22 to go through: EFP = Expected finishing position suggested in qualification final from webpoll (EFP - 2) Greece - 1/8 *IN* He's no George Michael (or Justin Timberlake) and with random lyrics grabbed from some recent hits (Shake it, crazy for love). The huge gamble though should ensure he's in the final as this is classic garbage. (EFP -10) Finland - 1/4 The song doesn't sound so terrible from the video. Still evens at Ladbrokes to be snapped up and I'm thinking about supporting it at that price but golly, it's kitsch. ....he looks like Dom Joly. (EFP - 5) Cyprus - 1/3 *IN* Classy lovey dovey song. The girl though looks like she'll be nervous as hell when she'll be performing it on stage so whether she goes through or not depends on her nerves affecting her performance. (EFP - 7) Malta - 1/3 *IN* Popera ballad (girl sings pop, bloke sings opera) with a pumping disco beat. (EFP - 8 ) Bosnia - 1/3 *OUT* Terrible. Disco-ey, too 'modern', too rubbish. Don't know who's voting for it. (EFP - 4) Denmark - 1/2 *IN* Flamenco pop sung by a geek? Seems to be pretty popular though. (EFP - 3) Serbia & Montenegro - 1/2 *IN* Hmmm....flutey ethnic pop. Not a winner, will probably qualify. Beats out Macedonia and Croatia because this is very classy fare. (EFP - 1) Ukraine - 1/2 *WORTH CONSIDERING* She's a looker but the 'song'? It's more of an instrumental sample with some foreign words in it. Stage performance and people liking the girl enough to vote for it will probably send it through. I severely disagree with the webpoll but money talks. (EFP - 9) Holland - 5/6 *WORTH CONSIDERING* Gareth Gates and Alistair MacGowan does barbershop pop. Tries to sound like Extreme's More Than Words but a bit more poppy. Trying to get the young girls' vote. Fools. Eurovision is voted for by housewives and professional gamblers BUT it's definitely got a chance. (EFP - 16) Lithuania - 5/6 Spanish guitar ballad mixed with a slight drum beat. Not bad, a bit too slick but it ain't up to me. I'd vote it in. (EFP - 6) Belarus - 6/4 Disco country? Just a bit weird. (EFP - 11) Israel - 6/4 *WORTH CONSIDERING* Jimmy Somerville sings popera. Mixture of Israeli and English. Nursery rhyme-ish chorus of 'la-la's. Might go through because of political correctness voting. (EFP - 12) Albania - 2/1 *WORTH CONSIDERING* The video quality is terrible. She's a pretty enough girl (big eyebrows though), a bit breathy for a singing voice but it's fun and built into the Eurovision standard but the song doesn't end high....it just ends. ....therefore I've doomed her chances by giving her any resemblance of a hope to qualify. (EFP - 13) Andorra - 2/1 Perfectly acceptably sounding. Just a bit anonymous. (EFP - 15) Croatia - 2/1 *OUT* The ever so thoughtful entry. Can't think who'll thought for it over Serbia & Montenegro. (EFP - 18 ) Estonia - 2/1 *OUT* Girl groups do badly here in this competition. I'll be amazed if they get through. (EFP - 17) Latvia - 2/1 Eighties throwbacks with some much added guitar-pop. Look like the most experienced (read 'old') of the bunch. Might get a few votes thrown their way. (EFP - 14) Macedonia - 2/1 Pop, the Eurovision way. (EFP - 19) Monaco - 2/1 A bit like a good-looking Cher. Poppy disco beat accompanied ballad. No chance, the song's just doesn't grab you. (EFP - 22) Portugal - 2/1 *OUT* Ouch! Predicted to be bottom? Well, that's a bit harsh but it certainly won't do well. Eighties disco diva? Get with the times! But this is of course, Eurovision. I've seen and heard much worse though. (EFP - 21) Slovenia - 2/1 *WORTH CONSIDERING* Ah, the cabaret act has arrived. This is listenable although a bit creepy and their wardrobe needs a makeover. I disagree with the webpoll (and everybody else on the internet it seems on this one). (EFP - 20) Switzerland - 2/1 *OUT* Rob Schneider dresses up as Gareth Gates to have a singalong. Don't ever overestimate the taste of the Eurovision audience....this is the type of garbage they like but even they should baulk at this. ========== Personally, I can't wait for 'match betting' (they'll probably pit Greece up against Sweden and the UK versus Ireland) and 'over/under' totals. Am considering sticking some money on the Serbia & Montenegro, Ukraine and Cyprus' entries but I just don't trust my ability to judge my good taste in comparison to the people who'll be voting for it as to the rest of them. ....wouldn't be surprised in the least if several of those 2/1 shots qualify.

Re: Having a quick look 'round though..... Intertops are well ahead of me and these are theirt odds: Eurovision Song Contest Matchup: United Kingdom vs Ireland * United Kingdom - 10/13&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Ireland - 5/6&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Eurovision Song Contest Matchup: Sweden v Belgium * Sweden - 10/13&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Belgium - 5/6 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Eurovision Song Contest Matchup: Russia v Poland * Russia - 5/7&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Poland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 10/11&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Eurovision Song Contest Matchup: France v Netherlands&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * France - 5/6&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Netherlands - 5/6&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Eurovision Song Contest Matchup: Cyprus v Turkey&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Turkey&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 10/13&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Cyprus&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 5/6&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Eurovision Song Contest Matchup: Austria v Switzerland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Switzerland - 67/100&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp * Austria&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp - 1/1 Two bargains here as two are not certain to qualify (Switzerland and the Netherlands) but I'll have to ask 'em about it as to whether or not they have to qualify for the final as well for the bet to win. If not, a general bargain.

Eurovision Song Contest 2004 I'll read all the above after ive posted this. Bloody murder having to listen to all these songs. SEMI Albania - Possibilities. The lass is quite attractive and might have large knockers and a tight wee top on the night. Quite catchy but not really strong enough. **** Andorra - Too foreign sounding. Nice singer though. A bit lovely. *** Belarus - Did Keemanan fancy this one? God it's awful, really grating. I can just see a really annoying woman singing it. :( Sorta cross between some yodeller, b*witched. Arrrrghhhh it really does get worse......stop yodeling. Argggg its got an awful beat. Aye best so far. 6/4 to qualify :) ***** Denmark - Oooo nice chants at the start with latino guitar in the background. Oh it's Justin Timberlake :( :( Not a good song but if performed well a definate to get through. 1/2 too with Corals. Croatia- Smooth jazzy chords. Is he singing in Spanish? Nope no chance. Horrible song. Bok. Cyprus - Ooooo this looks very promising. Women like a song that they can sing. Needs to get some more melody though. 1/3 tq a defo. **************************** Estonia- A little scary :unsure Getting scarier :( Nah this aint popular. No chance. It's like Jefferson Airplane meets Pocohantus. Finland- Im quite stunned. Surely not? Greece- No i think that folks will see through this. Crap. Israel- This is horrible. I want to stop this now as these songs are doing me right in:( This is so bad. Nah its quite a nice feel good song i could take the 6/4 tq Do Israel get the sympathy vote? ***** Latvia- Ooo a stinker of the highest euro order. It has nothing in it that will appeal to the euro audience. ** Monaco- A lovely lady from the tax haven wearing expensive jeans. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE ** Macedonia- Choppy strings, spanish guitar, latin Macedonian, Terrible lyrics. Good voice mind. Another def qualifier so i like to see the 2/1 quote to do so:) ****** Holland- I just dont like it. Some could nut its beginning to really bug me. Boring and shite. I could do better if i could be arsed. Portugal- Oh aye im for a wank.nah her tits aint big enough and the song is very plain. Poor effort. * Switzerland- This is a bit jolly :( It's Black Lace with a new lead singer. Could qualify @ 2/1. ***** Slovenia- a a proper song again. It's Peters and Lee without the specs. A bit dull but possibiliteswith a good performance. 2/1 tq too. Ukraine- Scary stuff again from Eastern Europe. I might go there and set up a stall in death metal patches. Far too weird so far. Mmmmmm a bit dancy. Yeah, nice singer. A Nena for the 2000's I quite like it but then again ive always been a bit of a metal bashing fan:o 23 Skido anyone?

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 Running Order in Semi- 1 FINLAND 2 BELARUS 3 SWITZERLAND 4 LATVIA 5 ISRAEL 6 ANDORRA 7 PORTUGAL 8 MALTA 9 MONACO 10 GREECE 11 UKRAINE 12 LITHUANIA 13 ALBANIA 14 CYPRUS 15 FYR MACEDONIA 16 SLOVENIA 17 ESTONIA 18 CROATIA 19 DENMARK 20 SERBIA & MONT. 21 BOSNIA-HERZ. 22 NETHERLANDS Cyprus 1/2 Serbia 1/2 Denmark 1/2 Macedonia 2/1 Slovenia 2/1 Looks like these ones ill be interested in for the semi.

Finalists Austria - Dont know what i was thinking of. This is just plain dull. If they were to sing in English though. France- Another poor song. I wont be listening to it nor backing it. Germany- Pomp's fav. Maybe top 5 but not a winning type of song imo. He's like a pub singer. It gets better but fundementally a poor song. Iceland- With a good performance on the night this boy could go right to the top of the Euro scoreboard. Quite pally with the other nations about it. the 25/1 at Hills could be awfully big. I like it, well i dont but you know what i mean. Between them and Cyprus imo so far. Belgium- Nothing great imo even though its widely fancied. the singer is lovely with nice big mouth. Close but no cigar. Ireland - Dull Norway- nope Poland- A joke song right? Never know could go well if folks see the joke. Sweden- will be sung in English on the night. Will go well but i dont like it. well i wouldnt would i? Turkey- I quite like it. Its a differant kind of Euro song and with the home support they could be....nah it wont win. UK- Dull

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Eurovision Ok, as everyone else has I’ll list the entries. Qualifiers first, those in bold I believe will qualify, with prices from Coral. Finland – reminds me a bit of ‘Jacky’ by Scott Walker (later covered by Marc Almond). Should qualify. Belarus – Keemas fav. I agree with Komp on this one. It is typical Eurovision fare though and should qualify and then do nothing else. 6/4 is a decent bet. Switzerland – Clap? Celebrate? Only in the song as you’ll win nowt with this shit. Latvia – in Latvian which rules it out. Shite soft rock that does very well in Germany. Israel – should qualify. Hope he hits those notes on the night else it could be very amusing. 6/4 to qualify is a decent bet. Andorra – in Catalan but a grower and should do ok. 2/1 to qualify with Coral so I’ll have a bit of that. Portugal – in Portuguese. Shocking - awful song and even more awful voice. Malta – amusing effort. Very poppy with a twist of opera. Belongs in the West End but should qualify. Monaco – nothing to say really. Its forgettable. Its shite. Greece – fav to win the qualification heat. Typical Eurovision fare, very camp and should be there or thereabouts in this heat Ukraine – takes ages to get going and when it does its not worth it. 1/2 to qualify with Coral :eek – fcuk knows where they got that from. Lithuania – bland, instantly forgettable. Albania – gets better from an appalling start, if thats possible. Cyprus – lovely ballad. 16 year old English lass from Kent sings it. Far too good for Eurovision but a bit to slow I think to win it. Could win this heat though and 9/1 with 365 is value. Macedonia – this has divided listeners. Prices to win range from 16 – 100 and I’m with the 100+ brigade. Its desparate and has no discernible melody. ‘Life is a book and you’ve got to read it, life is a story and you’ve got to tell it’ I ask yas. Komp likes it though. :) Slovenia – very cabaret and very bland. Borderline - 2/1 worth considering though. Estonia – hate this. In Estonian. Girl group trying to be Tatu but not as good. Croatia – In Croatian and I think hes taking it all a bit too seriously. Denmark – camper than the Greece song. Past few Danish entries have been decent and this lets them down I think. Will probably qualify though but poor for Denmark. Serbia & Montenegro – very monastic as has been said. Bit like last years Belgian entry that unexpectedly finished 2nd. Europe seems to like this so should do ok. Bosnia & Herzegovina – catch and will probably qualify but there are better songs out there. Holland – absolutely hate it. Hope it doesn’t qualify. We deserve better. Finalists Spain – in Spanish with a Latin feel, not too bad but won’t anything. Austria – In German. Awful boy band shite that if translated Westlife would probably cover. Norway – Not to bad. Do all Norwrgians look alike? Looks like the bloke from their entry last year that finished 4th with my cash riding on him. Found myself tapping along. Top 10. Prices range from 16s-66s. France – In French, would have been better in English butg just sounds like every other French entry. Germany – :ok my fav. Already backed this at 16s. Very Van Morrison. If he hits the note it’s a value bet – its been gambled all over too so will probably do feck all now.:( Belgium – One of the favs to win it very upbeat disco track. Top 5. Reminds me a bit of the Gina G entry. Iceland – sorry Komp, don’t like it. Very bland. He does give it some welly though. Poland – ‘Sweet song’? No. UK – very poor entry for us this year. We can do so much better than this. Will get more points than last year though. Turkey – quite like this. Not sure Europe will though and can’t see it doing that well.. Romania – no chance. Sweden – last in running order, usual high standard from the Swedes. It’s a decent track and should go very well. One of the favs. That concludes the votes from the Belle jury :ok

Guest Carlisle Blue

Germany's year? Just a small suggestion to those who like Germany for this years Eurovision. Corals are offering a Eurovision / Euro 2004 Double price of 200/1. Have a few quid on either for a laugh and see what happens or you could hope Germany get through to the Quarters and then lay off? :eek

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 From Popbitch "Max's Can't Wait Until Tonight, Germany's Eurovision entry, is one of the classiest pop songs of the year and needs a UK release." I've definately done my dough now, surely? :(

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 :lol aye there's a couple of high notes i'll be listening out for! just relistened to the German fella PB and to be frank it's not a euro winner type song , if the age group who will vote are over 25 then it has a chance. am i wrong when i say a dancey type track always win? your the expert so educate me

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Germany's year?

your the expert so educate me
:unsure Don't know about that Keema. Sad fan, yes.:lol Expert, probably not. Upbeat dance-y records have won it in recent years but not exclusively so. Belgium were picked at the post last year with a shite track that was as far removed from dance as you can imagine, and the closest winner to the German entry this year would probably be the Danish one from 2000 ('Fly on the Wings of Love - since murdered by becoming a chart dance hit). Its a nice track, the only ones that could beat it I think are the Swedish and Belgian tracks and the Belgian one is a bit Gina G, who did sod all, and its worth an each way interest. I'm gonna look a right twat when it comes last, eh? :o :o

Re: Germany's year? :lol not as big a twat as i'll be when Belarus dont even qualify! I went to my local British Legion club the other day and everyone there was saying they were gonna back them on my say so. i was drinkin rum which always makes me gobby! what you think of france , i had it down for a place at least , the UK one will finish 8th I rekon.

Guest pompeybelle

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2004 8th? Have you got the top 7 already? :lol I think Komp is doing that Belarus record a disservice comparing them to b*witched. The Irish popsters (for a week anyways) have just been on that Abba shite show on ITV (got in from work expecting Emmerdale to be on) - how the fcuk did they have a hit? I thought the requirements of being a pop star was to be 'quite pretty' and 'talented'? I must be wrong. I love Abba but you'd hate them after watching this crap. >: Anyway, I digress. I've just had another listen to the French one Keema and as I said earlier, sounds exactly like every other French song. As their appears to be an abnormally high number of excrutiating high notes this year do you remember the French woman from a couple of years back? The only thing that distinguished her performance was the lipstick and the note she couldn't hit. You could see glasses breaking all over the theatre.:lol I would get the details from the video :o but I can't be bothered to look.

Re: Germany's year? Am I going totally do-lally? I am quite getting to like most of these songs! even the qualifiers. I can only find about 3 which will not qualify! I feel I may be overdoing it! I'll go and lie down in a dark room for a couple of weeks, Then it'll all be fine. Regards (Troubled) Fletco

Re: Germany's year? :lol @fletco i cant say i aint enjoyed it cos I have , the dates are firmly in my diary , are the semis on the tv? maybe there's a live feed! anyway where i work there are many europeans so i'm gonna get them to listen to the entries and get some feedback. latest prices from PP Sweden&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 7*-*1 Greece&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 7*-*1 Ukraine&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 7*-*1 Ireland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 8*-*1 Belgium&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 10*-*1 Germany&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 10*-*1 Russia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 12*-*1 Cyprus&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 14*-*1 Denmark&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 Iceland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 Norway&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 Turkey&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 United Kingdom&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 Serbia & Montenegro&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 Finland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 16*-*1 Malta&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20*-*1 Spain&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20*-*1 Croatia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20*-*1 France&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20*-*1 Poland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20*-*1 Israel&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20*-*1 Belarus&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 25 - 1 Netherlands&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 25*-*1 Romania&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 25*-*1 Latvia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 33*-*1 Andorra&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 33*-*1 Monaco&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 33*-*1 Bosnia-Herzegovina&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 33*-*1 Slovenia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 40*-*1 Austria&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 50*-*1 Switzerland&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 50*-*1 FYR Macedonia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 50*-*1 Portugal&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 50*-*1 Albania&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 50*-*1 Estonia&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 50*-*1 Lithuania&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 66*-*1 Just placed a nice little each way on belarus whilst there at that daft price!

Re: Match betting Intertops have a few of them up and so do Stan James now: * Sweden (8/11) versus Belgium (evens) * Ukraine (8/11) versus Russia (evens) * Germany (5/6) versus Serbia & Montenegro (5/6) * Denmark (4/6) versus Malta (11/10) * Poland (8/11) versus Romania (evens) * United Kingdom (8/11) versus Spain (evens) Bet365 go with: * Ireland (8/11) versus United Kingdom (evens). Draw (15/2) ....Stan James even have 'Group betting'!: Group A: * Greece (12/5) * Sweden (3/1) * Belgium (7/2) * Ukraine (4/1) * Germany (11/2) Group B: * Russia (3/1) * Serbia & Montenegro (3/1) * Denmark (7/2) * Malta (4/1) * Turkey (4/1) Group C: * Cyprus (11/4) * Ireland (11/4) * Poland (7/2) * United Kingdom (9/2) * Romania (9/2) Starting positions will be important here and these are some fairly even match-ups. I'm having some doubts, can't nail down a potential winner here in these match-ups or as to who'll win outright. .....just who the hell is backing the Ukraine to win though?! If it had been like this next week, I'd have taken it as a serious threat but it just looks like fools just following the money. Sure, it might very well win the semi-final but it's steaming into second favourite?!?! ....over the course of the next week and a half there'll probably be a few countries that syndicates and punters alike will be lumping even more on. I'll probably be expecting even more money on Germany's Michael Bolton-a-like and something out of the blue (if it's Switzerland, I'm refusing to have a bet).

Eurovision Song Contest 2004 I like the look of a Serbia/Cyprus double in them group matches Stereoman. Nice prices too :) Bloody hell Greece are as low as 3/1 with Hills. Still don't think it's a good bet. Ukraine's been topping a lot of euro polls Stereoman ive noticed. Wonder what the price is to qualify now? Just going through my fancies and fianlising a few things and Cyprus is sounding better and better. the young lass on the night will bang it out and give an emotional performance i reckon. 16/1 thank you very much. Where's the payout window? Just noticed this Keemanan- 49th Eurovision Song Contest - Reach The Final Abdi Ipecki Hall, Istanbul, Turkey Live on BBC3, May 12th :( I'll have to keep in-touch somehow. Radio could be best? Shite Cyprus are 1/8 now to qualify with Corals :( 1/2 last week. Looks like ive missed the boat on the qualifying. Might as well look for the winner :( No i have it CYPRUS @ 16/1 E/W. I even had a wee tear in my eye and welled up then when i listened to it.

Eurovision Song Contest 2004 Stan James's group bet that Stereo posted is a cracking bet. this mob wont get within 10 places of Cyprus according to my ratings. Group C: * Cyprus (11/4) * Ireland (11/4) * Poland (7/2) * United Kingdom (9/2) * Romania (9/2) Wish i could have some of that.

Guest pompeybelle

Aye I'd agree with that Komp - Cyprus at 11/4 and Serbia 3/1 is a nice double and I've just had a dabble :ok

Cyprus Hmm I dunno fellas , she's ok with the high notes but there were a dodgy key changes there that had me wincing. Just got the serb on now , this is gonna be in english on the night yes? terrible pomp , truly bad