NBA Tuesday (and series)

Laddies go 7/4 on Indiana winning 4/3 - think Miami will beat them tomorrow (+4.5) at home - they have won something like 17 straight at home and killed them in games 3 and 4...... Also go 9/4 on Detroit to win the East - big price when indiana are struggling with Miami and Detroit are playing well against the Nets - who could beat the Pacers if they get thru Just hoping the T Wolves win game 7 so we don't have to see Doug Christie putting his arm up after everytime he hits a shot (loser!) and Chris Webber embarassing himself by being the WORST ever "big money" player in big games.......

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

NBA Tuesday (and series) I am sorry Boozzers Corner, but your Indiana bet must surely be the worst bet that has ever been posted in the Lounge. 7/4 on Indiana to win 4-3 in the 7 game series. Ok here are a few points The current score is 3-2 to Indiana. Now why in the name of all that isn't holy, would you bet on Indiana to win the series 4-3 at 7/4 when you can simply bet on Miami to win the next game at a price of 17/10 in Bet365, or in some places even higher. Hell you can even lay Indiana in their next game at 1.53 in Betfair, which gives you substancially better odds than 7/4 on Indiana winning 4-3. For the bet Miama to beat Indiana in game three I have now got better odds than you have managed to find for a scoreline of 4-3, which requires the results going your way in two games. If you want to be profitable in betting in the future, you will need to do a lot more research, epsecially in Basketball.

oooooooo the worst bet ever on the lounge - cool! :sad :sad Don't mind you offering me advice on how to get the best value (always been a problem of mine) but questioning my knowledge is strange (been watching the NBA since the days of Screensport on Sky in '91)- but will research more throughly in the future so as not to offend anyone else with my lack of simple maths skills :o

Guest jock4three

A little harsh on my old school mate Yes Boz can't add up. I think he failed GCSE maths and wasn't allowed in our 6th form because the head of year thought he was a loser but the worse bet of all time?????? Let's go through the numbers. Assume 7/4 on game 6 and they will be 1/10 in game 7 which in my calculations makes them 2/1 to win the series 4-3. Hardly makes 7/4 look like the worst bet ever on PL. Yes it is a poor price but not that bad.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

NBA Tuesday (and series) It is that Bad reallly Jock4Three as if you lay Indiana in this next game on Betfair at 1.53, you are essentially getting 2.80 after comission has been taken away. Considering although improbable, Indiana could lose their next game letting Miami win the series, 7/4 therefore has to be considered a very bad bet indeed. By the way Bozzers, I was not questioning your Basketball knowledge, but your ability to find value in Basketball. Finding value in betting is so important and if you used your knowledge of Basketball ( Which I believe you have ) and combined it with finding value, you might find yourself making a very tidy profit very soon. I know my first post was somewhat undiplomatic, but if by reading my post, it might make you think twice when taking a price in future and I may be assisting in turning you into a very profitable punter. At the end of the day, I'm only trying to help. I regulary go into the Britan Forum and see numerous posts from who could only be described as permanent loosers. These are the people and you can check if you don't believe me, who regularly post things like the below. "I fancy over 2.5 in the Man Utd match tonight. I hammered on a fair lot of cash at 5/6 in Hills." Of course you can be 100% sure that if Hills are doing 5/6 on an over, then it must be upwards of 2.05 in Betfiar. Now lets just asume that I fancy over in that game too, for every 100 points I bet, if I win I will have 17 more points than the person who bet in Hills. Work that out over a year and you will be astounded at how much better I will do in the long term by finding the best price. Final word: There is absolutely no excuse on the Internet today of numerous Bookmakers and Exchanges all competing for your business, to no get the best price available. No Excuse whatsoever! BB

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

NBA Tuesday (and series) By the way I should add that I fancy Miami in tonights game too and the highest price that I have managed to find, exists in William Hill. That price is 17/10. The odds in Betfair have now gone up quite a lot and are sitting at around 1.60, so it is best to go to Hills before they change their price. BB

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

NBA Tuesday (and series) No Tulenos, I meant 1.60 to lay Indiana because I referred up the thread that the price on Indiana was 1.52 in Betfair and if you wanted to be on Miami, you would be better off to lay them at 1.52 than to bet on them at 2.70 in a bookies. I should have made myself clearer though. BB

bad Oh well it was that bad as Miami lost last night.......in my defence I was just flicking thru the site whilst at work and did not have time to compare the 15 biggest books on the net against the price, esp as sites such as oddschecker are usually not updated quickly enough IMO - but yes totally agree there are a lot of mugs out there (that's why very few bookies go out of business) but I don't really think I am one of those in the long run (I may be wrong!).....but I will check others prices in the future before posting....:D Go the lakers.....;)

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

NBA Tuesday (and series) Yeah very unlucky alright last night. If Miami were making their FG's it would have been a very different score me thinks. Listened to the end of the game and they really had their chances and screwed them up. Still think that 17/10 on Miami last night was totally overpriced though and your pick was a good pick overall, even though it didn't come in. BB