Ruk

The loss of this from my Virgin TV package is really starting to get me down, no jump racing on ATR apart from a sub standard irish card from Thurles I dont agree with paying £12.99 a month for just 1 channel to get some racing, its a pity we cant see the highlights later for free Skysports only charge me about £17 a month & i get about 5 channels for that. Hopefully they will see sense in the end as i cant believe they have many takers, i think their target was as low as 30,000 subscribers which seems very low to me.

Re: Ruk I know this isn't much of a consolation as watching racing on your PC isnt the same thing as from the confort of the sofa, but Bet 365 let you watch any live race and all you have to bet is 50p EW or £1 to qualify. Better than nothing I suppose although you don't get all the build up inbetween races admittedly. Just strike the bet and then click the link for 'live stream' towards the top of the racecard.

Re: Ruk I'm afraid I stumped up - £ 20 a month ! It was a tricky one 'cos I'm self-employed and business is really slack at the moment but I'm sat here all day waiting for some work to do and the thought of sitting in all day without RUK was too depressing......... I don't like watching ATR - I just flick over for a specific race if it interests me - but RUK is like my company for the afternoon..........

Re: Ruk I believe it's £20 on Sky too for the standalone channel and then they expect me to pay for ESPN too whereas before I got all the Setanta channels and RUK for £12.99 a month which was quite good value as they had boxing too and Premier League games on Setanta. I'm hardly getting to see any races these days, used to put RUK on sometimes late at night and watch all the days racing. Add to that the £7.50 that RP site charge and us gamblers are being fleeced left, right and centre. I've paid for the RP site for the last few months as I like their analysis afte races rather than their previews before races and some of the stats and content is very good. I prefer RP to ATR or Sporting Life sites. I was also thinking C4 only show the key feature races from Cheltenham so I'll either have to order it for a month and cancel or go to the bookies for the last few races and watch it for free in there. £20 for one channel is ridiculous.

Re: Ruk

We do get the ESPN channels as well on 'Virgin' but then we used to get Setanta and RUK for free Now we get ESPN for free and have to pay £ 20 for RUK
same as, on thier XL package hardly watch ESPN games to be honest as most are on sat night when i am coming home from footie i used to watch the last 2 in the bookies mowgli but it is so depressing in there watching everyone backing dogs, hexham races, roulette machines etc, used to be a bit of a craic but no one in there these days

Re: Ruk Not bothered so far as nearly all the summer jumps were on ATR but now Cheltenham, Newbury, Haydock etc.. are on RUK I can see me getting it soon, been watching the replays online for free at the mo but its irritating the delay in some of the races, over an hour before a race was up there the other day, and its always the one you want to watch! Thought they might have been some offers around by now! Rob where did you see £17?

Re: Ruk You can get all the replays free on their website, all you need to do is register, no fee needed. I've been using that as I can't watch live at work, and stick to b365 service when I'm not working. That said, I used to love watching RUK, especially the replay any time I could catch up, and the big meet specials but £20 for one TV channel? I miss it but not enough, I can't see myself subscribing, I've just used my last four holiday's for Cheltenham (local boozer)