PL Racing Club - Interested?

Want to get some opinion on my idea of a Racing Club. I don't want to create a monster and need help from quite a few of our members who are willing & able. I think the club can take the following shape & then perhaps build from there : Membership A list of members will be held (probably on PL) to whom a monthly email newsletter will go out with the next months events etc. Personally, i think £10 a year subscription should also be considered to cover some minor costs but also to perhaps use for donations to stable staff on visits etc, purchasing some prizes during the year etc. Stable visits This would be a great day out for all concerned. Visiting any yard, you will see the effort these people put in & always make you welcome with a cup of tea etc. A small donation or present to the stable staff should suffice to finish it all off. Racecourse visits This is the main idea of the Racing club. I intend to try to get some concessions from the tracks using the PL name (must ask Paul first!) as we have access to over 30,000 members here. I think the best idea would be for members to suggest certain meetings with approx 8 weeks notice so we have time to put something together. Ad hoc decisions can work also as i know Alex will be about for Monday night meetings at Windsor & again anyone is welcome to join us. If we can get some discounts or tap into newspaper discounts etc, we can cut the cost also (Goodwood always do a 2for1 on 1st day of Glorious Goodwood for example which is always worth it). Discounts on travel & perhaps local hotels if you are travelling from afar will also be key to the info prior to the date. Regional By setting up perhaps 4 areas of the country we can hopefully get to more local meetings rather than having to face a 2 hr trip etc to get to a meeting. Perhaps 1 meet a year we can all get together, this could be a decent meeting like Cheltenham for example or The Derby. Your thoughts please & any ideas welcome. I have set up a poll also to see what response i get.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.