** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Weekend AFL

Guest TazaD

Guest TazaD

Two early I'm jumping on...Don't think the prices will last. St. Kilda -42.5 Love the way this game sets up. Saints coming off 2 losses, everyone jumping off them...Hawthorn coming off a competative performance last week. As I said last week, I think both of St. Kilda's losses have been reasonably explainable. They are now back at the dome where they have won 8 of their last 10 games by 45+ points. Hawthorn have lost 10 of their last 11 overall, 5 by more than this. Saint midfield will DOMINATE this game...hosnestly can't see the Hawks scoring 10 goals. I have no problems at all laying 42.5 here...Saints in a romp. Port 2.10 (pinnacle) Crazy price!! Based soley (I can only assume) on Port's poor away record this season. Big losses at Brisbane, the MCG and v. Kangaroos were all fairly standard results!!...Subiaco is another story all together. Port have won 7 of the 10 games they have played there...inc. all 3 they have played Freo. In fact they have beaten Fremantle 8 of the 10 times they have played...they last 3 by 92, 84 and 49 points! I still don't rate ANY of Freo's wins all that convincing, and I expect Port to come away with the points again here. Pickett's 200th will help fire the Power up too. Like 3 more games...But will wait for some more info.

Guest mattsthebest

Re:Saints Do you think the loss of Hamill will make much of a difference? Also Gehrig is still suffering from a foot injury so their forward line is not exactly operating at full strength. Apart from that I strongly agree with your St Kilda pick and will certainly be backing them to get the job done. How can a team like Hawthorn even compete with the Saints in this game, when they struggled against the Blues, the same team St Kilda thumped by over 100 pts! Logic says that Saints win by 150!:)

Guest TazaD

Re: Re:Saints Not quite 150, Matt, but 66 will do me just fine. Adding Carlton -4.5 Really liked them going into this game...they are a mch improved team, and Richmond are simply playing ut the motions until they get a new coach. NOW...Richardson is out for Richmond, their only real goal kicking option....much like Hawthorn tonight, I can't see how Richmond will kick 10 goals. At the other end they leak like a seive and I expect Fevola to very near outscore Richmond on him own!! (Serious!!). A bit scary how it looks to be one of those "too easy" games, but I reckon the line will rise sharply before game time. Still 2 more in the wings.

Guest TazaD

Re: Re:Saints Doggies +12.5 Maybe because the Crows have messed me up 2 weeks in a row, but now I'm thinkin'...Hmm....They just aren't that good!! Doggies lost in Adelaide last year by 16 points as 6.50 underdogs...and what was a fortress is no more, with the Crows losing 6 of their last 8 home games!! Although the Doggies have not won 2 straight for about 3 years now!! , they are simply travelling much better than the Crows...who have already given up on the year, and will be playing young, inexperienced players to develop for next season. No reason at all why the Doggies can't win this one SU....as I said in last thread, with no Carey, Burton or Stevens they will be lucky to kick 10 goals....Dogs will score (although I said that about Sydney Iknow!!). Much more confident here. Dogs win...or at least keep it very close.

Guest TazaD

Re: Re:Saints Melbourne WIN @ 1.90 Essendon are still being over-rated, and it showed last week! They have only beaten 2 teams inside the top 8 all season, Sydney and Freo both in Melbourne. I really like the way Melbourne aer playing, and really should be too quick and active in the midfield. Now, Essendon have won 11 of the last 12 meetings between the two teams, but Geelong hadn't beaten Brisbane in the last 11 tries either.