Top weights in 2m NH Handicaps

jtw1

Got the idea for this from another website where the original criteria is to bet on the Top weighted horse in any race UNDER 3m on a track generally described as 'Tight / Sharp '. The original system claimed a profit of 296.10 pts after a 5pt stake on 163 qualifying races . From what i can gather the reckoning is that tracks that have this configuration suit a nimble / small / well balanced type of horse and the out and out gallopers find these courses a disadvantage . Also the originator reckons that the tighter the track the less weight has an effect therefore those at the top of the handicap are at less of disadvantage than they would be elsewhere . For this system i'm going to tinker with the original criteria so bear with me. Courses and distances to be considered are [ Minimum distances over all these tracks , both Hurdles and Chase's] AINTREE[MILDMAY] BANGOR CARTMEL CATTERICK MUSSLEBURGH FAKENHAM FONTWELL HEREFORD KELSO KEMPTON LINGFIELD MARKET RASEN NEWTON ABBOT PERTH SOUTHWELL TAUNTON WARWICK Now there are some tracks i've removed from the original list -Folkestone and Wincanton as the Racing Post does not have Sharp or Tight in the course desciption. Also Plumpton and Wetherby were removed by the originator as he described those 2 as having ' significant uphill streches which can sap energy ' That desciption can also be applied to Kelso which has a distinctive up-hill long run-in , so i'll keep an eye on how things pan out there . 1 - Only those races at those named tracks and over the MINIMUM distance will be considered . 2 - The top 3 in the handicap will be looked at except where ther is a significant gap in the weights between the top 1/2/3 3 - Selections must have won/placed either on the course or one of the other tracks named above. 4 - Previous winning conditions must be similar [ but not wholly identical ] to that days eg , ground / race grade . Overall there won't be too many selections from Cartmel , Aintree and Perth for a while as these do most of their racing outwith the Winter months . If i can find out about the Irish tracks then i may include them at a later stage . First selections should be from BANGOR on Saturday :hope I will also keep track of the sole top weight in all the qualifying races to see how the original system fares .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.