Redcar 3rd October

14:40 - Charlie Tipple TBP @ 4/1 Bet365 This is one of the toughest races to find the winner of today, many C&D winners in the field and a nightmare to solve, however Easterby's horse is back at favourite track and back over a mile where he has ran consistently well, dodropped a few lb for those poor runs and should be back in the mix today, I think a nice price to place. 15:15 - Walkingonthemoon @ 40/1 SJ (bog) I've followed Dascombe's colt a few times and to be fair he has been unlucky not to win a race and 40/1 looks an insult here, he ran a cracker in the Woodcote stakes at Epsom on Derby day just getting touch off towards the finish, he disappointed at Newbury the run after and was last seen finishing 3rd in France, has chances here and a better chance than the price suggests.

Re: Redcar 3rd October Redcar 15:15 Avonrose (ew) Another possible Johnston winner at a juicy price. Not over worked under a welter weight last time and has shown a bit of temperament but has also shown enough ability if his quirks have been ironed out, to take a hand here

Re: Redcar 3rd October For Redcar standards thus looks a really good card. A good portion of fish and chips is always guaranteed up here, so hoping for a good day out :tongue2 2.40 Redcar White Dart hacked up over course and distance in a qualifier for this last time out to get himself into the race. That was his second win for this yard, having moved on from Dandy Nicholls in the summer. He appeared to respond really well to first time cheekpieces last time out and slammed Opus Maximus (who reopposes today) by four lengths with Benandonner, a reliable yardstick for this type of event, back in third. That bit of form reads well and if the headgear works its magic again, he could go well as Dream Lodge and Mountain Cat should set this up nicely. It may also be significant that Silvestre de Sousa is booked. He has ridden a couple of these into this race in the past few months, but opts for this one for the proper race itself. 10/1 SJ, 5 pts win, 2.5 pts place (3 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Redcar 3rd October 3.15 Redcar Singeur has been hugely progressive this season and is another bargain purchase from Robin Bastiman. He won a Southwell maiden on his second start and started the season on a mark of 71. Now he is rated nearly two stone higher after three further wins. This his toughest race to date but often hinted worth a try at six furlongs and could feasibly bounce back. 14/1 Sporting Bet, 2.5 pt EW (4 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Redcar 3rd October 5.40 Redcar Baltimore jack appears to always go well round here only finishing out of the places twice round here out of 7 runs and one of them was a 4th, last time out won over CD and still looked to have more yet to come and hatrick doesn’t look to hard here although 7lb rise in weights may be a tad harsh but this isn’t the strongest handicap in the world will love the fast ground aswell. Follow the flag has never gone this far trip wise but ran on strongly last time to score a good second and is certainly worth another look at first try of this trip and fast ground to suit. 1pt win Baltimore jack 5/2 hills 0.25pt e/w follow the flag 15/2 vcbet

Re: Redcar 3rd October 3.55 Redcar Carcinetto belied her starting price when fourth at Newmarket on Thursday. This return to 7f will suit as she was staying on over 6f that day. I was Sweet on Tombi at Ayr last time out but the price here is too short IMO so I'm ducking the Johnson horse in favour of the David Evans one, with the booking of Tom Queally a massive positive. 33/1 SJ, 2.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Redcar 3rd October Redcar 4.30 Traphalgar This really looks a decent bet today having won a claimer last week off OR 83, runs today off 79 which it won off earlier in the season & also the horse reached a peak of 93 only last season & now races in a seller!!!! It was 3rd in a listed race only in April 08 on the AW. As a 2yo, the horse notched up a hat trick also. Has a decent amount of weight today but trainer pears (2-8 in last 14 days) is doing ok & has Queally booked. has only 1 horse to beat today in Mount Hermon who has been struggling all season & hasnt won since July last year. Peaked at OR 80 so i dont see why its 6/4 fav today with my fancy 7/4. ! 7/4 with PP (GP)

Re: Redcar 3rd October 5:05 Redcar: Babyshambles 3pts win 7/1 William Hill (bog) & Cape Royal 1pt win 24/1 Betfair Babyshambles has had a short break to freshen up, and has gone well in these circumstances in the past. Runs off a mark of 69 this afternoon and did win a class 4 handicap off 68, so with Paul Pickards claim, he should be competetive. Cape Royal may be nine but like many of Milton Bradley's sprinters hold his form well. Back on turf can go close off 75. Rather surprised that so big on Betfair, perhaps a worrying sign but worth a point.

Re: Redcar 3rd October

Redcar 4.30 Traphalgar This really looks a decent bet today having won a claimer last week off OR 83, runs today off 79 which it won off earlier in the season & also the horse reached a peak of 93 only last season & now races in a seller!!!! It was 3rd in a listed race only in April 08 on the AW. As a 2yo, the horse notched up a hat trick also. Has a decent amount of weight today but trainer pears (2-8 in last 14 days) is doing ok & has Queally booked. has only 1 horse to beat today in Mount Hermon who has been struggling all season & hasnt won since July last year. Peaked at OR 80 so i dont see why its 6/4 fav today with my fancy 7/4. ! 7/4 with PP (GP)
:ok nice. just couldn't believe they made the other fav although they finished 1-2 as i said they were the only 2 in it.

Re: Redcar 3rd October just got back from Redcar, had an awful day betting wise but thankfully kept stakes modest. In the opener I saw a stat that Godolphin were 3-3 with their 2 yo's at the track this season so opted for their runner in that with Dane O'Neill riding. It lost several lengths at the start and trailed home last :rollin Had White Deer, Carcinetto and Singeur all of which were posted here and all of which lost, but was another one of Trafalgar. There were only a few horses in the race that had any sort of form in handicaps and 2/1 seemed reasonable enough. There was a ridiculous amount of wind at the meeting though, must have been very difficult for the jockeys, and must be quite scary too, travelling at 30 mph or whatever they do with the wind blowing past. The cars were shaking driving out the course after!