2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN

deadlydaveLDN

I kind of feel like it's worth each of us having separate threads, so it will be a bit easier to keep track of how everyone's doing, and also so that I can post random nonsense as I think of it without clogging up the other thread. My plan of attack I keep changing my mind, but I've finally settled on how I'm going to approach this - low stakes MTTs. With a starting bankroll of $500 I will play MTTs upto an $11 buy-in. If my bankroll (and hopefully it won't) drops to $250, I will limit myself to $5.50 max buy-ins. If I get to $0, well that's challenge over for me. Which MTTs? I will be playing on Full Tilt (where I have 27% rakeback, although this will be minimal playing MTTs) and Poker Stars. Below is a list of all daily tournaments that I will be choosing from. All times are EST. There are other tournaments I could play, but these are the ones with guarantees, and I think having some kind of schedule to select from will keep things a little more structured for me. I will not play every day. On days I do play I will plan to play for x hours, 4 tables at a time, loading a new MTT once I am eliminated from one. 2.jpg

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN Keeping motivated/avoiding burnout I am very good at playing poker for hours on end, without being in the right mental or physical state to do so. As well as playing good poker, I feel like I'm going to have to be in the right frame of mind when I play if I'm to achieve the results needed for the 2k. I will avoid playing when tired, after drinking, when hungry etc etc. I will be trying to get some decent excercise at least once a week, I will be cooking regularly (instead of just random takeaways in front of the laptop :lol). I won't be playing after 8 hours of work. There's probably other stuff, but the basic point is that I'll be trying to come to the poker tables with a clear, focused mind, wanting to play poker for the enjoyment of the card game. Which will hopefully, in turn, lead to good play and profits. Poker Preparation I will be doing as much as is possible with my game off the table. I will watch MTT videos on days that I choose not to play. I will post hands after play, and ask for strategy thoughts. I will make sure I set up my HUD in a way that is optimal for low stakes MTTs (I haven't thought exactly what this will be like yet, that's my task for tonight and tomorrow).

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN HUD Setup Ok, this is what my cash game HUD looks like hud-2.jpg It definitely needs some modification for low stakes MTTs. My first thought is that I need to put "name" back. For cash games I didn't really feel like I needed it, but with players joining new tables so often in MTTs you're often left with old players stats for 1 hand. If you don't notice the change of player you can be using very wrong stats to help your decisions. Next up - 4-bet. In low stakes MTTs basically no-one ever 4-bet bluffs. If someone 4-bets they have something, and you can use the situation to determine what that range might be. Knowing how often someone is 4-betting in these games is pretty much irrelevant. I'm not totally convinced about the c-bet stats in these games, but I don't really want to get rid of them either, and I think the rest of the 2nd line is fine. A line I must add is to do with Stealing the blinds. I'll be adding attempt to steal, fold sb to steal and fold bb to steal. Crucial to know who you can attack in MTTs, and who's steals you can re-steal. Ok, that leaves me with something like below. I'm going to need to play about with the exact layout, so it looks right. But I think these are the stats that I want. I'll probably actually take away turn c-bet too. hud-3.jpg Edit : Have now messed around with the layout a bit, taken out Turn CB and Agg Factor, and it looks like hud-4.jpg The number after the name is hands, the 2nd row is VPIP/PFR/3-bet/fold to 3-bet

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN October 1 I'm actually going to struggle to find much time to play for the 1st few days of this but I've located 2 tournaments which I can play in the early hours (all times in this thread will be EST). oct1.jpg Obviously with rebuys, I will not go over $11. So for a $3 rebuy, I will rebuy at the start, then add-on if I'm still in.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN MTT 1 -$6.3 A 6-max turbo rebuy to start with, and never got going. Played well enough, but shoved my 9BB stack in shortly before the end of the rebuy peroid with 55 and ran into 88. Poissibly should have just folded my way to the add on, when I would have had 14BBs, and given myself slightly more to work with.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN At the start of the month I had 4 "Step 2" tickets in my Stars account. I guess I can include these in my bankroll?? Anyway, I've managed to turn these into 1 Step 4 ticket. These can be used either to enter a Step 4 (you have to complete Step 6 to qualify for an EPT), or to enter a $215 tournament (which, if I get a chance, I will do, although they all seem to be on weekends which is difficult for me). ticket.jpg I think the only MTT I'm going to be playing today is the 12:15 $11 Turbo, $20k GTD on Stars.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN I think from this point on I won 't be posting a schedule of MTTs that I am going to play in (as some days it will literally be 4-tabling whatever is one and opening a new one when I bust). But I will update after each bustout. I'm also going to start mixing in some 90/180 players SNGs, as they're going to fit in better with my schedule.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN MTT 3 $7.50 T -$24.8 MTT 4 90 player $6.50 T KO ($1/KO) -$31.3 MTT 5 90 player $6.50 T KO ($1/KO) -$37.8 Cooler JJ v AA on AJ8 flop MTT 6 90 player $3.30 T KO ($0.50/KO) -$40.6 $0.50 KOs MTT 7 90 player $6.50 T KO ($1/KO) -$46.5 $1 KOs, 15th, ran AQ into KK MTT 8 90 player $3.30 T KO ($0.50/KO) -$49.5 Not exactly how I was looking to start this challenge, but I feel like I've been playing well enough, and if I start to run good I should make this back in no time. Was trying to describe some hands but as soon as I put

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN MTT 9 $3.30 T 6 -$52.8 All in on turn w/nut flush v 2 players, guy rivers quads. Downward variance hitting right at the start of this challenge. MTT 10 $5.50 -$58.3 Never got going. MTT 11 $3.30 T KO ($0.50/KO) -$61.6 Pretty bad call, prob the only play so far I'm really not happy with. Another non-cash. MTT 12 $3.30 T KO ($0.50/KO) -$64.9 77 v KJ, obv lost MTT 13 $11 6 -$75.9 Bit of a donk play with TPTK against flopped trips. MTT 14 PLO8 $3.30+R -$82.2 Think I was the only person at my table with any idea how to play PLO8. Obv didn't help though. MTT 15 180 player $8.80 -$91 Finally starting to win some flips/all-ins where I'm way ahead. Still didn't cash, but got closer :lol MTT 16 90 player $6.50 T KO ($1/KO) -$94.5 3 Got myself in a good position, then ran a big bluff, never really recovered, got $ back through KOs, but still not good enough. In summary, not playing my best, but playing well enough not to have had this shocking run to start with.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN MTT 17 $11 T -$105.5 QQ v KK MTT 18 90 player $6.50 T KO ($1/KO) -$112 Flopped a straight, got it all in v 2 players, guy turned a bigger straight. :puke MTT 19 $11 PLO8 -$123 Got all in 4 way huge pot with tons of outs to hi and lo, missed them all :wall MTT 20 $3.30 T -$126.3 Didn't pick up a hand.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN

At the start of the month I had 4 "Step 2" tickets in my Stars account. I guess I can include these in my bankroll?? Anyway' date=' I've managed to turn these into 1 Step 4 ticket. These can be used either to enter a Step 4 (you have to complete Step 6 to qualify for an EPT), or to enter a $215 tournament (which, if I get a chance, I will do, although they all seem to be on weekends which is difficult for me).[/quote'] I used a Step 4 token for a satellite into a WCOOP tournament and qualified. I played the tournament, but it gave me the option of cashing in for tournament dollars (I was surprised it was possible, but unregistered and reregistered just to check it worked). I see in the lobby at the moment that they have Step 4 sats for a couple of big online tourneys, and probably you could play those and cash out for $T, though it's probably worth checking with them.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN MTT 21 $2.25+R 6 -$136.85 $10.25 buy-insHorrible play to end with. MTT 22 $11 6 -$147.85 Always shortstacked. MTT 23 $2.25+R -$158.1 $10.25 buy-ins Built up a huge stack, then donked it off. MTT 24 $8.80 -$147.1 Finally got a min-cash. Pretty disappointed right now. After playing well for 20 MTTs and not getting any luck, I've now started playing badly too. Put myself in a good position for a big cash in 23, but messed that up pretty badly. Going to have to play a lot better. To be losing after 24 MTTs isn't a disaster. To (min) cash in one is.

Re: 2m 2k - deadlydaveLDN I've played badly in a couple of tournaments, but generally my play (I think at least) has been fine. But trying to keep playing high volumes of tournaments when I'm not enjoying them is just pointless. I might feel different tomorrow, or next week, in which case I will resume the challenge. If not I'll just play the ocassional fun for the enjoyment of playing.