Olympics - 4x200m Women's Final

Guest mattsthebest

Guest mattsthebest

Can anyone explain to me how Australia justify being favourites for this event? America qualified fastest in the heats, 1 second faster then Australia and Great Britain. IMO they are clearly the team to beat here, especially considering how close they went to breaking the WR last year in Barcelona. Also their heat team was missing their best 200m swimmer in Dana Vollmer. She is the new kid in the team and wasn't in Barcelona last year to help the girls break the WR. Out of the top 3 favourites (Aus,USA,GBR), America are the only team who had one of their swimmers in the 200m final - Dana Vollmer. They also had Lindsay Benko in the semi, with Australias' Elke Graham and Great Britain's Melanie Marshall, all of which did not progress to the final. As I see it, advantage USA. The USA appear to be the only team with a chance of winning, and still to bring in their better swimmers for the final. I do know that there was some mention that Petria Thomas may come into the Australian team for the final, but she is swimming the 200m Butterfly just before this final. The favourites Australia also seem to have some problems with their swimmers, who are currently not in good form, namely Giaan Rooney. There looks to be incredible value on the USA team here at odds of around 2.80+. Opinions please.

Guest mattsthebest

Re: Olympics - 4x200m Women's Final Kaitlin Sandeno may also come into the US team, as she swum very well at the US trials in Long Beach earlier this year - 3rd fastest. This decision may depend on how she is feeling after swimming the 200m butterfly final.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.