** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NFLX Wk.2

Guest TazaD

6-2 (+3.47) Carolina/NYG OVER 34 (2 units) Manning v. Warner for the starting QB spot? (With a more than capable Palmer to follow)...equals points for NYG. Carolina allowed 346 yards v. a painful Redskins lastweek (and 20 points)...no reason NYG can't at least match that. Carolina have 3 strong QB's, Davis, Foster and Harris in the backfield. NYG allowed 7.7 ypp last week and again, there's no reason Carolina can't put up big numbers here. Giants have allowed at least 19 points in their last 10 games (@ 27ppg!) Panthers have topped 20 in 7 of their last 8 @ 25ppg. Last years meeting in NY was 37-24! Thnik there'll be some points in this one.

Re: NFLX Wk.2 Houston @ Pittsburgh over 33.5 Will get this one now before it hits 34. Houston offense looked impressive last week. they gained 6.8 ypp, and clearly showed more intent to pass downfield than in the past. Pittsburgh defense is hurting and Houston should be able to take advantage. Pittsburgh gained 388 yards last week with all 3 QB's looking strong, and also gained 5.6 ypr. They should be able to put up some decent numbers again this week. Total looks low to me.

Re: NFLX Wk.2 Didn't matt. 'Watched' on the net....plus going on the stats from the game and everything I've read about the game. 6.8 ypp last week v. 5.6 last year. Texans' Offense: Power Surge Full Article: www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssis...nt/2738680 Clipped from: Houston Chronicle article by Carlton Thompson, 8/16/04 Seventeen plays were not nearly enough to appreciate just how good the Texans' first-team offense was against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday night at Reliant Stadium. Consider this: David Carr and Co. generated 134 yards on 17 offensive plays in just two series against a Dallas defense that ranked first in fewest yards allowed per game last season. The Texans gained 138 yards on 41 plays for the remainder of the game, which the Texans won 18-0. After misfiring on his first throw, Carr completed each of his last seven passes to finish the abbreviated outing with a quarterback rating of 152.6. The Texans want to generate more big plays, typically described as passing plays of 20 or more yards or running plays of 15 yards or longer. Of the three big plays the Texans had Saturday, two of them - Carr's 27-yard pass to tight end Mark Bruener and Tony Hollings' 31-yard gain on a screen pass - occurred when the No. 1 offense was in the game. Offensive coordinator Chris Palmer estimates a team gets about 65 offensive plays in a game. Based on what the Texans' first-team offensive accomplished in 17 plays Saturday night, they could have netted 512 yards in a 65-play game. The franchise record is 458 last season at Tennessee. Of course, this was just the first game of the preseason and much too early to start pondering catchy nicknames for the Texans' offense. They're not yet Air Coryell, the Greatest Show on Turf or even the old Run-and-Shoot Oilers, but there is reason for the coaches to be excited about the unit's explosive potential.

Guest hawksteel

Texans Well I actually watched the game and didn't think the Texans were all that great offensively, not nearly as much as what the Chronicle article seems to imply. To project a first team offense in an exhibition game into a full four quarters, exhibition or otherwise, is simply nutty.

Re: Texans hawksteel, I absolutely agree that the '500 yard game logic' is a silly one, but the fact that they are now at least trying to throw ball downfield for 'big plays' is crucial in these pre-season games. The intent is the key. As I said, the Steelers D is banged up...2 starting CB's out. The more deep balls thrown, a) the more likelyhood of a quick TD (obviously!), but also b) the more likely there will be interference called...esp. tis year when they are cracking down on any defensive touching after 5 yards. Just my thoughts anyway!

Guest hawksteel

Good stuff No it's good stuff, I think that's why I have problems with pre-season games, as I don't think in the proper manner when evaluating the games. Good call on the Carolina/NYG over, Carolina just nailed with a defensive TD (Warner was getting sacked and pressured a lot - d'oh).

Good Stuff! Mite have gotten a bit lucky with 3 LONG FG's and the returned pick....but as I type, it looks like NYG will score a late TD anyway. :cheers One more for Sat: Oakland/Dallas OVER 35 Oakland have probably the best pre-season QB rotation going around...they will score points....But their defense (esp. 2nd and 3rd stringers late) was absolutely horrible. Can' really see another sloppy game like that from Dallas....And, in Pre-week 1 last year they scored 0 v. Ariz only to bounce back and lay 34 on Houston in wk. 2. (Only other game I'm looking at is S.D +3...but will probably be too scared to take the bunch of losers!! ) Hoping for another good w'end. :ok

Guest mattsthebest

Re: Good Stuff! TazaD, Whats your opinion on the Ravens v Philli game? It looks like alot of people are favouring the Ravens on the +3. It wouldn't openly be acknowledged, but you'd think that the Ravens will want to show TO that he chose the wrong team.

Re: Good Stuff! Sorry matt...just got up mate! 10 minutes to spare! :unsure Have no real opinion on the game....Baltimore WILL be after TO for sure...And I can absolutely assure you that he WILL NOT run a crossing pattern! (He's the biggest girl in the NFL!) Also Philli have a LOT of injuries for the game...including Akers their kicker, which could be a factor. Still, don't reckon the +3 is still available anywhere now anyway. Sorry, not much help in this one. :cheers

Re: Good Stuff! One more game for the week: San Diego +3 (1.91 @ Gamebookers) Arizona have some very big injury concerns on both sides of the ball. Much like last week they will be more concerned about getting through the game unscathed than getting the win. Also some strong trends: When 2 winless teams play each other in pre-season, the road dog covers nearly 70% of the time. San Diego are also 7-1 v. teams after their first pre-season loss. Brees was impressive last week v a Indi pass D much better than this.

Guest hawksteel

Hmm Didn't really help anyway, favorites won across the board on Friday (Minnesota had moved from +3 to Pick) - they really shoulda won, that had built a nice lead but gave it all up by half-time. Point-spread favorites are doing really well so far.. wonder if the trend will hold Saturday. That being said, how Arizona is a -3 I have no idea.

Guest Fin090

Week 2 Picks Record so far: 1-0 Titans @ Bills: OVER 35 (10/11 bet365) Tennessee are banged up in the secondary and I fully expect the Bills to take advantage of this, whether it's by throwing long bombs and taking advantage of the strict new PI rule or running at the Titans' nickle and dime packages with Henry and McGahee (who areinvolved in a battle for the #1 RB spot and will both want to impress). Offensively for the Titans, we all know about McNair, he looked v.sharp v Cleveland. Billy Volek was the star last week for Tennessee, moving the ball at will against the Browns second string and I expect more of the same. SEATTLE (+1.5) over Denver Not much analysis behind this one, was surprised to see the Seahawks as underdogs going into a home game against the Broncos and coming off an impressive victory in Green Bay. You never know what you're gonna get with Broncos QB Jake Plummer and his backups are terrible, home win for me.

Guest Fin090

Re: Week 2 Picks Congrats Taza. bad night for me, 1-2 now. First drive of the Titans game, Tennessee drove all the way down to Bills 6yd line and then went 4 and out. Then bills missed a XP. Finally, last drive of the ball game, Titans had 1st and goal at the Bills 2 with 1:20 remaining and 3 TOs but decided to take 3 QB kneels and kick the game winning FG instead of punching it in for a TD and giving me my money back. Oh well. As for Seahawks, that was just an awful pick which I should've left.