Mercury Music Prize

well the usual load of boring sh@t: The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free 4.00 Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand 4.00 Snow Patrol - Final Straw 7.00 Keane - Hopes And Fears 7.00 Amy Winehouse - Free 7.00 Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions 11.00 Jamelia - Thank You 11.00 Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash 11.00 Ty - Upwards 13.00 The Zutons - Who Killed The Zutons 13.00 Robert Wyatt - Cuckoo Land 13.00 Belle And Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress 13.00 (william hills) --Like to see Joss Stone win :b but I think it'll be between The Streets (who lost out with the first album) and possibly Basement Jaxx, which is a bit of value @ 11.00 --do we really need Snow Patrol AND Keane in there ? they're the same band !!

Re: Mercury Music Prize Well that actually looks about the best shortlist I've seen for this. With respect to Snow Patrol and Keane I disagree. Snow Patrol are crap and use guitars, while Keane are quality and don't, they use a piano. And it takes a lot for me to prefer a band without guitars to one with them. Think they might give it to a rock act this time, Franz Ferdinand are the obvious choice, but if Keane or The Zutons won I would not be at all surprised

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.