NFL Wk. 1

Guest TazaD

17-4 (+11.60) Alrighty...The pre-season is out of the way (unfortunately! :cry ) and here comes the real stuff. Tenn @ Miami UNDER 38.5 Getting on this one now. Total has already (rightly so!) dropped from 39.5. Not sure why it is this high. Miami have little offense, and both teams play very tough defense. Like the 38 here, hard to see anything other than a low scoring game. Tampa @ Washington UNDER 39.5 Another high total. Washington will be much more conservative under Gibbs...more running the ball, and more emphasis on a tough defense. Tampa always have a strong D, and are allowing only 10ppg in the 3 pre-season games so far. Like this under at any number above 38. NYG @ Philli OVER 41.5 Lots of points in this one. Both defenses are really hurting, with key players missing. The addition of Owens gives Philli a big play option, and will also take the pressure off their other receivers and running game. Warner to start for NYG has been looking good, and should be able to take advantage of Philli's weakened D. KC @ Denver UNDER 48.5 The total is this high based on K.C's ability to score, and their very shaky defense. However, looking closer their D has improved markedly. The starting unit has actually given up only 7 points in 3 games this pre-season!! Plummer is a very over-rated QB for Denver, and they will be relying on a good running game, which will eat away a lot of time. Denver D always strong at home, so I'll be surprised if they reach the 48 total. Also KC receiving corp is hurting...Guessing we'll see a BIG chunk of Holmes. Got my eye on a few more games, but Wk. 1 is always going to be a bit dodgy (for sides anyway...Not sure why, but I usually tend to read totals better than teams early :\ )

Guest Carlisle Blue

Wk1 Agree initially with your calls on Tennessee v Miami and Kansas v Denver Taz. Personally think the 9rs v Buccs game points mark is about right and could go either way. Griese has apparently looked good in preseason. Can't part with my dough on the Giants v Eagles game. I have very vivid memories of the Eagles v Pats game at the beginning of last season and Donovan couldn't throw a party so much as a pass. And Kurt hardly launched one last season either, will expectation nerves play a part in Kurt's first game back? I will post some more thoughts last week. But following the rule changes for WR's I am interested to know other peoples thoughts on who this will favour and not.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.