Austrian Hockey League 21/9

Guest chrisz83

Guest chrisz83

ERSTE BANK Hockey League Today we also start in Austria! All People wait are excited and wait for the Season Opening.. As we saw yesterday in Sweden there are really options for some surprises on the first playing day.. because of that you have to take the tipps with a little bit of care! Red Bulls Salzburg - EC KAC 2 @ 1,9 Salzburg is new in the League, they play today against the Champion from last year EC KAC. EC KAC Coach Waltin fired a Defender yesterday. He said Chris Bartolone doesn't fit in our system. Many players which play at Salzburg, played at KAC one time.. like for example last year Kaipainen, Niskavaara and the Coach Siitarinen. From the qualitiy i think the Squad of Kac is stronger. They most played together for years in the youth, and also there are only three players which are new: Lindner, Washburn and Fearns. With Andrew Verner KAC has the best Goalie of the League in my opinion. At Salzburg there is Suttnig and Penker.. Penker played in Vorarlberg last year.. he also made some matches as 1st Goalie in the 1st League. But i think Verner is one class above Suttnig and Penker.. i don't know which one of them will play today.. Salzburg is with many new players. Offensiv they haven't so many good players and not much depth.. Champion against Newcomer.. but 1st Season match.. 1,9 can be played for sure.. WIN KAC! 5/10 EC VSV - HC TWK Innsbruck 2 @ 2,3 With Torbjörn Johansson (31 Years/Defender), Henrik Nordfeldt (29/Forward) and Patrick Zetterberg (33/Forward) Innsbruck signed a top class Sweden-Trio, from Czechia came Zdenek Sedlak (30/Forward). With Gerhard Unterluggauer (28/Defender), Roland Kaspitz (23/Forward), Raimund Divis (26/Forward) and Sven Klimbacher (23/Defender) 4 current National Team players signed at Innsbruck. With Dalpiaz, Pusnik, Hohenberger, Rahm there are good players which also played last year in Innsbruck. In the Preseason Innsbruck won all the 6 games. In the Offense Innsbruck is much stronger than last year i think. Zetterberg - Nordfeldt - Sedlak played also in the Preaseason together. Kaspitz and Raimund Divis are also new players.. Kaspitz is a has a nearly perfect stickhandling..! The Defense is also really nice with Unterluggauer , Klimbacher and two Swedes. Goalie Dalpiaz ist maybe a weak point. He has some good and bad days.. but in the Preseason he shows a good form.! Villach with the new players Doyle, Malkoc, Penney, Krog, Vnuk. The Defense ist the strongest of the Team. The Offense .. i don't know.. they didn't show too much in the Preseason.. Penney is maybe was good some years ago.. but if he is also this year??? Jason Krog comes from Anaheim .. but didn't also show too much in the Preseason.. The Goalies Kerschbaumer and Prohaska aren't the best of the League.. Prohaska was good in the Preseason game which i saw.. but he can always make a blooper.. Innsbruck impressed me with there good Preseason.. it won't be easy today to get all two from villach but.. i go with Innsbruck! WIN Innsbruck 5/10 Graz 99ers - Vienna Capitals Over 5,5 The game itself ist NO BET! Vienna with not much Preseason games.. Vienna for sure with the best Offense of the League.. Kalt, Wren, Chyzowski, Craig, Peintner, Suorsa.. very good players for this League! But the don't have so many good players in Defense.. only 4 with experience.. Werenka, Wieselthaler, Pfeffer, Kasper.. Goalie Chabot was also an Star in the DEL. Chyzowski and Jan leaved Graz.. so they are without there two Top Scores from last year.. Norris stayed.. and if Tropper, Selmser, Strömberg..can do what Jan did last year... I'm not sure! Defense is quite good... the goalies are young.. but have some experience from last year also. Vienna with the good Offense and Graz with the first game at home.. both want to score and win! Over 5,5 5/10 Good Luck!

Re: re: Austrian Hockey League 21/9 Yes good write up Chrisz. You certainly seem to know your stuff. Tulenos is a big fan of hockey on these boards and I'm sure he'll add his thoughts from time to time. He's big on NHL but if they go on strike this season he might have to look at the Euro leagues like yourself. Keep up your current strike rate and you'll have a huge following in no time. :clap

Guest hawksteel

NHL Well the strike is pretty much on, best chance I think there is will be a half-length season that would start around New Year's. If we're lucky. 150 or so players have already gone off to the European leagues, and others have either joined the AHL/CHL in the US or the funky "Original Six" league in Canada. They all have in their contracts the ability to leave once the NHL gets started, but I don't think that'll be for a long time. Already however its been shown there's good money to be made in the European leagues, not just by Chris but stuff posted elsewhere. Am always on the lookout to make money especially in midweek :)