Newbury - Fri 18th Sept

fintron

4.30 Newbury Decameron has become a bit of an enigma and Sir Michael Stoute has cut his losses on this one, that has failed to unlock his potential in handicaps following a win in a strong looking York maiden in June 2008. He has often been sent off short in the market, typically in one mile handicaps, but a sequence of seven runs without a win has prompted his sale on to Ron Harris. If anyone was to eke out a bit of improvement from a horse then Harris could be the man and the four year old is infact unexposed over the trip. He was soundly beaten on his sole try at 1m 2f previously at Chester, but that may have just been a blip and he has often hinted over shorter that he was worth a crack at this trip. He is certainly handicapped to have a chance off 81, it is his attitude that can be questioned here, but at the available odds I am prepared to take a chance on him. 16/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept 4.30 Newbury Calaloo has been running consistently all season and looked better than ever last time out over this trip on fast ground at sandown, when finishing 2nd and gets to run off 1lb lower mark. Brouhaha is another that ran his best race for a while last time out but has done most best runs and all wins on all weather or on good ground, but even so if building on latest effort is one to be well within and handicapper did take note of last run raising him 4lb which looks a little harsh but I just cant rule out. 0.25pt e/w calaloo 11/2 bet365 0.25pt e/w brouhaha 6/1 bet365 5.05 Newbury Looks a field of exposed sorts but colonel flay has been consistent off marks around this and is 2lb higher than his 3rd last time out, Interesting that durcan is taking the ride and should find this a lot easier back on fast ground and easier event. 1pt win colonel flay

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept 4.30 Newbury With Decameron withdrawn from this race I make Brouhaha my replacement bet. He was 7/1 when the first prices were first posted by Bet 365, but now the rest of the firms have priced the race up, I think the 9/1 offered by Coral is worth taking (I am assuming there will be no R4 on the non-runner who was 33/1 in places when withdrawn). Tom Dascombe has worked wonders with this horse, who joined his yard as a seventeen race maiden but who is 5-13 for his excellent trainer now. Prior to his last run he looked as if he saved his best form for the all-weather, but his second at Sandown last time out, when outpaced over slightly shorter, showed he acts on turf too. I feel this is his best trip and although he has been raised 4 lbs upon his latest run, I think this is his sort of level and he could go well under favourable conditions today. 9/1 Coral, EW.

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept 4.30 Humble Opinion is very well handicapped and has run well at this track previously. Posted a good run at Goodwood last time out when coming from the back which isnt ideal tactics at that track. The wide draw is slightly offputting but with the yard in really good nick and the 2nd time blinkers expected to help he's too big at 15-2 with Corals each way. 5.05 Cosmea is from the same yard and has winning course form. She was tenderly handled at Goodwood when her chance had gone last time and she boasts form on a par with the market leaders. Therefore at a bigger price of 13-2 she's my pick.

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept 14.45 Newbury Fancy an E/W punt in this on fomer Aiden O'Brien runner King of Rome, now with the Mike De Kock yard has got form over todays favorite over this 11f trip when 3/4l 2nd to Allesandro Volta in last years Lingfield Derby Trial (Campanologist in 3rd) before going on to G3 and G2 events then being outclassed in the Irish Champion Stakes(G1). Transfered to De Kock and been running on dirt and all-weather at N,A,S and Kempton this season I believe a return to turf where his best efforts came.:ok E/W 20/1 stan james

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept 16.30 Newbury The Which Doctor has been looking like 10f could be his trip and although not shown much at three attempts this season he may well benefit in being dropped to a class, Ryan Moore takes the ride and has a good record with a win and a place in two runs. win @ 6/1 hills

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept doctor freemantle 245 newb. 1 pt win. has te form and the toughness to battle to victory today. ryan moore riding at the top of his game and with very slight questions over the main 2 rivals, despite them having every chance on form, i think we will get the run of the race and win this in a battle.

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept 2.45 Newbury - Halicarnassus Race could be run to suit this one, small field, no obvious pacemaker, could be a sprint finish Halicarnassus has a good turn of foot but he's difficult to win with as he often seems to come from too far back, finish with a real rattle and just fail to get up. Channon sneaked him off to Turkey to win a valuable group 2 a couple of weeks ago, so he's in good nick and he seems to thrive on lots of racing. Some of these like Look Here, Campanologist and Doctor Freemantle look like galloping staying types who might not relish a sprint finish Worth a shot at decent odds. Having said that, I've been on him a few times this year and he's always let me down, usually by a neck.........

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept

doctor freemantle 245 newb. 1 pt win. has te form and the toughness to battle to victory today. ryan moore riding at the top of his game and with very slight questions over the main 2 rivals' date=' despite them having every chance on form, i think we will get the run of the race and win this in a battle.[/quote'] 3/1 a decent price :clap

Re: Newbury - Fri 18th Sept

16.30 Newbury The Which Doctor has been looking like 10f could be his trip and although not shown much at three attempts this season he may well benefit in being dropped to a class, Ryan Moore takes the ride and has a good record with a win and a place in two runs. win @ 6/1 hills
was well backed, good winner :clap